What's new

Tech Cyborg Technology Development Thread

I want to see people using 1,2,b2 more. It's extremely hit confirm-able into a Powerfist and the last hit jails standing on block and that can be chained into a guaranteed command grab.

but...
The string is interuptable after the 2nd block.
If the first two hits are blocked but the third hit isn't, you will confirm into a command grab and it will completely wiff.

Another con is that the standing jab is high but you can condition the opponent to stand by abusing his great range on f3.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I think Cyborg's Forward 3 is the best in the game.. It's range is only passed by Harley Quinn's, and Cyborg's is much faster than Harley's...

A medium missile set up into forward dash, meterburn forward 3 will beat every single hitting wakeup in the game, and even most multi-hitting wakeups will then be hit by the medium missiles.

Cyborg's F3 in this situation will also destroy opponents who try to jump out- they will rather comically, be smacked into the missiles, and the full combo ensues.

In this missile setup situation, you can dash up and B2 for a low-overhead or overhead low mixup, you can dash-up and throw, or you can pretend to do either, when you're actually intending to pushblock the opponent into far missiles.
Cyborg is rad.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Is there an advantage to doing 113xxgrapple as an ender for the midscreen reset as opposed to B123xxgrapple? I find B123 much easier.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Is there an advantage to doing 113xxgrapple as an ender for the midscreen reset as opposed to B123xxgrapple? I find B123 much easier.
I think 113 is much harder to wakeup from since it 'plops'. Although I have done it with b1 also

Edit: Actually it is near impossible to wakeup from (if they try it is like a guarenteed b3 combo lol). Seems to be better if you hit them with the 113 higher in the air (rather than lower), which gives them lesstime to recover before you land on top of them

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Does anyone think a jump 3 combo starter that leads to around 57% for two bars in the corner?

I was messing with Cyborg today and I looked in a couple threads, didn't see it mentioned or maybe I didn't look hard enough lol.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Does anyone think a jump 3 combo starter that leads to around 57% for two bars in the corner?

I was messing with Cyborg today and I looked in a couple threads, didn't see it mentioned or maybe I didn't look hard enough lol.
Depends upon if there are corner interactables available.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate

Are you asking if the jump 3 combos are viable? or if they exist? lol

The answer is yes to both lol. But I find rare situations to get in a safe jump 3. Usually I start corner combos with j2 1 2 start. Cyborg is terrible in the air. Whats your set-up?

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Are you asking if the jump 3 combos are viable? or if they exist? lol

The answer is yes to both lol. But I find rare situations to get in a safe jump 3. Usually I start corner combos with j2 1 2 start. Cyborg is terrible in the air. Whats your set-up?
Oh no, I know they exist lol. My first sentence is worded in the most incoherent way possible above ;_________;.

I was doing something like jump 3, 3, MB power fist, 3, MB power fist, 1,1 nova blast. I don't really have a set up for this currently as I wanted to run it by you guys before I bothered looking into it. Jump 3 combos aren't always optimal, but I got used to doing jump 3 combos off of floaty jump characters so I thought maybe it wouldn't be too bad with him.

My guess is that after a hard knockdown this might be good to go for but I dunno, my Cyborg could use more development.

Depends upon if there are corner interactables available.
I was doing this on the right side of the Arkham Asylum cell block stage so there was no corner interactable that would probably be effective I don't think unless maybe on the left side of the stage with the flower or gurney?

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Something I've been working on is using F22 as an ender for the grapple vortex. It does 2 percent more than 113 and seems more consistent to pull off (for me anyways). Plus you can mix it up with a far target acquired or a ground fireball to re establish the zoning game.

What do guys think of F22 as an ender?

rurounikenshin

biggest cyborg upplayer
guys, if you are having trouble connecting B3 after TA, I just found out this combo that does more damage and is easier, for me at least: TA, J3, B3, J3, 3 PF MB 41%, or if the window between J3 and B3 is too tight for you, you can always just use J2 for an easier combo, but it does 4% less in total.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Something I've been working on is using F22 as an ender for the grapple vortex. It does 2 percent more than 113 and seems more consistent to pull off (for me anyways). Plus you can mix it up with a far target acquired or a ground fireball to re establish the zoning game.

What do guys think of F22 as an ender?
F22 in the corner vortex? Haven't really tried it as an ender to combos. Any idea what the hit advantage might be? I know a raw f22 is about +120, but that probably decreases from gravity scaling. Worried that it will be easier to wakeup from.

Also, my new 2bar Intractable (IA) combo: j2-3xxMBb3, j2, j2, 2xxIA, j3, 2xxPF for around 60%

F3-f3 and b3-b3 also grant a free TA. F3-F3 --

Unclashable corner vortex: Grapple-j2-F3-F3 --Grapple-J2-F3-F3 ect... is a fantastic unclashable link in the corner.

Midscreen (nearly)Unclashable: B3-B3 -- TA (medium) Ground fireball B3-B3 -- TA ect... If they try and wakeup/dash forward, the ground fireball will set them up to be launched by the looming missiles which you then can B3-B3 xx TA again.

Normally they wont clash because getting launched is very unexpected and happens instantly. Only once did someone purposefully get hit by missles in order to clash :/

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
F22 in the corner vortex? Haven't really tried it as an ender to combos. Any idea what the hit advantage might be? I know a raw f22 is about +120, but that probably decreases from gravity scaling. Worried that it will be easier to wakeup from.

Also, my new 2bar Intractable (IA) combo: j2-3xxMBb3, j2, j2, 2xxIA, j3, 2xxPF for around 60%

F3-f3 and b3-b3 also grant a free TA. F3-F3 --

Unclashable corner vortex: Grapple-j2-F3-F3 --Grapple-J2-F3-F3 ect... is a fantastic unclashable link in the corner.

Midscreen (nearly)Unclashable: B3-B3 -- TA (medium) Ground fireball B3-B3 -- TA ect... If they try and wakeup/dash forward, the ground fireball will set them up to be launched by the looming missiles which you then can B3-B3 xx TA again.

Normally they wont clash because getting launched is very unexpected and happens instantly. Only once did someone purposefully get hit by missles in order to clash :/
More midscreen. I've been liking F22 as an ender to the b3 combo. Either ambiguous grapple in, TA, or a ground fireball they are forced to block.

4x4lo8o

Noob
-112 knockdown. Can also dash forward, over their body, and get an ambiguous NJ cross-up mid-screen. (Makes many wake-ups wiff or even reverse)
(This also work for the 12b2xxpf combo!)
How does this one work? Are just supposed to dash forward after 112 and NJ?
I can't figure out how to make it cross up.

Ending combos in 113xxGrapple in the corner: Obvious deadly implications. It is impossible for you opponent to guess the cross up and it is a serious vortex! (I like to j2- 12b2 combo for the overhead,low mix-up OR ---j2,3xx as I can hit conform this into J2,3xxPF MB for continued corner combo on the outer-side, OR on inner-side; j2,3 xxMB,Wall bounce Cancel, (dash-under), b1,2,3xxpfMB (into continued corner pressure).
Is there a way to control which side the j2 lands on? Is it combo/set up specific?

Also, is this what people are referring to when they mention Cyborg's crazy grapple corner vortex? I've never really understood what that was or how it worked and would like to hear more about it

Cyborg can wiff j1,j2,j3 and still cancel into nova blast. I have been doing MB fake-out pretty effectively in some MUs
Damn, this is awesome. I don't know why I didn't find this on my own.

You can bait with a whiffed j1 to look whiffed an iaNB, and then cancel that into an NB or MB NB if they try to jump or dash in.
Also useful if you read a jump in and try to aa with j1 or j3 and they don't jump. Great stuff

Last edited:

Glass Sword

Nobody
I don't know if it was mentioned, but after a power fist Cyborg gets a free attempt to do a techno tackle . This works in combos too the timing is a little tough, but this should give you some legitimate oki.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
How does this one work? Are just supposed to dash forward after 112 and NJ?
I can't figure out how to make it cross up.

Is there a way to control which side the j2 lands on? Is it combo/set up specific?

Also, is this what people are referring to when they mention Cyborg's crazy grapple corner vortex? I've never really understood what that was or how it worked and would like to hear more about it

Damn, this is awesome. I don't know why I didn't find this on my own.

You can bait with a whiffed j1 to look whiffed an iaNB, and then cancel that into an NB or MB NB if they try to jump or dash in.
Also useful if you read a jump in and try to aa with j1 or j3 and they don't jump. Great stuff
Yes. You have complete control. Time it early and the j2 will hit on the right. Time it mid and it will hit right, the the next hit will hit left which is very hard to block. Mid to late timing will hit left. Grapple j2-3 is the best since it can be hit confirmed into PF if you hit left or wall bounce cancel if you hit right. You can also of grapple j2-f3.
The f3 is an option select depending on which side you land on.

Benzo

Vic Stone
I don't know if it was mentioned, but after a power fist Cyborg gets a free attempt to do a techno tackle . This works in combos too the timing is a little tough, but this should give you some legitimate oki.
Wait...what? Is this only in combo's? Whiff? Block? Explain please..

Glass Sword

Nobody
Wait...what? Is this only in combo's? Whiff? Block? Explain please..
Just whenever. It was harder to do off a combo, but with the right timing one can Techno Tackle the opponent on wake up since they are forced to stand on the first frame of their wakeup. I think whenever you land a powerfist it spaces you just right to force them into that mixup.

Benzo

Vic Stone
Just whenever. It was harder to do off a combo, but with the right timing one can Techno Tackle the opponent on wake up since they are forced to stand on the first frame of their wakeup. I think whenever you land a powerfist it spaces you just right to force them into that mixup.
OMG it's counting it as a combo too lol It's not really hard either, just gotta get used to doing it in battle, let alone placing the Power Fist. How do you use power fist? Anti-air? Wake up?

Benzo

Vic Stone
Gotta general question. What are you guys doing after 113 on hit? Also on hit I sometimes NB cancel dash forward, what are some good techniques to keep people on their toes? I'm open...holla at me I'm really trying to learn Victory Stone.

Glass Sword

Nobody
OMG it's counting it as a combo too lol It's not really hard either, just gotta get used to doing it in battle, let alone placing the Power Fist. How do you use power fist? Anti-air? Wake up?
I am a Cyborg enthusiast lol. From what I can tell you can get the grab no matter how you land the power fist.