What's new

Tech Cyborg Technology Development Thread

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I want to post a few common set-up right now that I have been using recently: Video soon I hope.

I encourage you to post your set-ups and such here. Including MU specific works. Many of these things have been written about before, in the discussion or my guide. But certain things have changed since the new patch and I want a new place to discuss the more specific set-ups and tech he has.

Standing 112 knock down set-ups:
- Get a guaranteed TA (close or mid) missiles set-up. Push block if they wakeup to get a free b3 combo.

-112 knockdown. Can also dash forward, over their body, and get an ambiguous NJ cross-up mid-screen. (Makes many wake-ups wiff or even reverse)
(This also work for the 12b2xxpf combo!)

-112 knockdown: Get a guaranteed meaty TechnoTackle (strict timing). Can be countered with wake-up.

(After) Ending combos in 2xxTA (close):

B2xxSD will actually cause them to pop-up perfectly just when the missiles hit, allowing you to B3 combo again! (IE: B3, j3, j2, 3xx PFMB ; B3, j3, j2, 2xxTA). (Hard to block since it is a low/overhead)

-They can wakeup attack out of this. However, I like to bait their wakeup by charging the B2, then back-dashing away. The oncoming missiles will still pop-them up and you get a b3 combo.

-You can also just stand block. Let the missiles hit(or be blocked), and if they wake up, you punish them, if they block the missiles then you are at +96!

Ending combo in 113-Grapple:

Midscreen: Ending in 113-grapple is a great way to fish for another B3 combo. It is very very difficult to wake-up counter from because it 'plops' the opponent on the ground AND when you grapple towards them, you literally make the character disappear from the screen because of how high you are. Also full screen crosses-up pretty ambiguously. You can keep looping this over and over if you get another B3 combo.

Either way, you are likely to cross them up and get a j2 B3 (or F3 option select) combo. Or, they will tech-roll away from you, and because you reversed their tech-roll, you are at advantage to start safely zoning the hell out of them! Good strategy (especially when you are down on life) and you really don't sacrifice much damage.

Ending combos in 113xxGrapple in the corner: Obvious deadly implications. It is impossible for you opponent to guess the cross up and it is a serious vortex! (I like to j2- 12b2 combo for the overhead,low mix-up OR ---j2,3xx as I can hit conform this into J2,3xxPF MB for continued corner combo on the outer-side, OR on inner-side; j2,3 xxMB,Wall bounce Cancel, (dash-under), b1,2,3xxpfMB (into continued corner pressure).

-He also has a Grapple-J2 option-select. Just hold (Forward- towards the wall) heavy attack and either you will do a f3, or b3 depending on what side you land on.

Mid-Screen punish:
IA-J2, 12b2xxPF MB!!!
-Start punishing normals -7 or more with J2! Great hit-stun.
-Normals with minus -11 or geater should be punish with B1,2 MB-Wallbounce, j3, j2, 3xxPF or 3xxMB-wallbounce

Will be posting a lot more in due time. Especially regarding his trait and MU specific tech. With videos too. I want to keep the Cyborg forums moving! Busy-times though friends!

Frame Traps:
You get a guaranteed b1,2 after a blocked Ground NovaBlast MB. It is plus a million although it can be ducked (the second hit). Go play with it. Also 2xxNB-MB is a combo launcher in the corner!!! You get a free ground fireball after a block IANB (MB) as well.

I also want to see you guys doing more d1, 3xxSDC, 113xxSDC and f22! All frame advantage among a few other tricks ;)

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I like to check with 2xxSD after a f22, as it is still guaranteed on block. And Can't be interrupted.

D1xxSd can be interrupted, which is why I like to D1 up to 4x in a row before I commit to a xxSD. Also sometimes after a d1 on hit (lots of hit advantage), I go into more block pressure like 3SDC, or 12b2, or f22

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Lately I've been messing with the D1xxSDC into throw or once you establish that D1xxSDC into another D1 setup. His D1 guessing game is really good. D1xxSDC back dash F22 etc there's tons of stuff you can do off it.

My main setups involve establishing the ground fireball, then making them afraid to jump with ianb's. Occasionally nbc into TA is nice too. Bread and butter setups high mb nb into a free TA or ground fireball. Its guaranteed way to get some momentum going. Pushblock TA traps I think will be the future of this character, they are so dirty. Also grapple wakeups if you can get the timing down.

Been messing with D1xxgrapple but IDK know if its all that useful, it might do more harm than good in most cases. Just the stuff I've been working on, take it for what you will.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
More useful set-ups to play with:

- F2 2 on hit = Guaranteed Target Acquired = Great push block set up. Use f2 2 a footsie tool to catch people dashing in.
-(2xxSD is a phenomenal tool I have been using more also)

-I mix up pressure with 112 and 113xxSDC (+1) interchangeably. If they know 112 is interruptible, than doing 113xxSDC will often catch them and launch them into a combo. 113xxSDC,2xxPF MB is his best SDC combo and will carry them into the corner for his vortex set-ups.
(B1,2,3xxSDC -- D1xxPF is a confirmed mid-screen carry combo) --- very strict timing --- (just frame on the cancel AND the input)

-Corner Reversal Set-Ups: This is the true future of Cyborg play I feel. (Aside from dirty push-block set-ups).

When your back is to the corner: Use Cyborgs, 0 frame, armor absorbing grapple, to go back into the corner.
Essentially, if you know the MU, (and you must know it very specifically to pull this off), you can absorb the first hit of certain moves. The move/or moves will wiff and your grapple will reverse your position with them, allowing you to turn the tables, wiff punish them, and put them in the nightmare box that is your ridiculously OP corner vortex.

(IE: Superman is f2,3 you in the corner. You grapple when he f2,3 at you, you absorb the f2, he wiffs the 3 into the corner, at which point you have landed on top of him, on the other side, and are now rocking his shit for easy 50% into a vortex.)
-Note: A great escape, although it is risky so you need to practice. Sometimes it is better to just absorb a hit, and grapple away from the corner to zoning safety (IE: WWs corner game). - I have some good videos demonstrating this on different characters.

- Generally, I get the opponent to respect my IAFB, and (chargeable) Ground Fireballs. I start implementing MB ground fireballs and MB IANB once they start to get this pattern down.... however, Once they get used to this type of paced zoning game, I will start grappling towards them very randomly, fishing for j2-B3 combos. (They tend to stay still). You can also Nova Blast (MB) to make certain grapples safe, or screw with the timing.

-Also, grappling over an inter-actable is BOSS, and often really unpredictable (especially when they sit their trying to D2 punish your grapple. -They will heat seek even if you are completely turned around (really glitchy, but good for Cyborg as they almost NEVER miss). (Try it on the lions heads in Themiscaryia, or light fixtures in Luthors Lab)

(Especially if I can set them up into his corner pressure/combos--- IE: Mid-screen Grapple -- J2xxB3, J3, J2, B1 2 3xxPF MB 113xxGrapple -> into corner vortex)

Play around with this stuff, and get comfortable with it. A lot of it is really good.
Take risks with the grapple and see when and how it works (playing a safe zoner will not win you tournaments).

More stuff to come soon,

Cheers

SimSim

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
One of the most annoying things with Cyborg is trying to figure out what to do after a block Sonic Disruptor (+3, maybe actually +4). You can't really do any normals, unless you want to risk a b1 string or f2 2, but you can do specials.

-You get a guaranteed IANB or Ground NovaBlast after a blocked SD (because of the pushback). Meter Burn each version to get serious frame advantage. (Sometime they will try and punish a blocked NB, in which case you delay the MB, and the second hit should hit them in the face!)

-Rarely, I will follow-up a SD, with another SD. (Good chip and builds nice meter on block). When they see you go for another SD, they might try and jump over it on to you. Regular SD can be cancelled into Up Sonic Disruptor by hitting UpUp while charging it. This is worth exploring, although I never really pull it off in a match.
Theoretically, if you sit their charging SD, then they can't approach you, or jump in on you.... hmmm. It takes like 9ish(?) frames for the move to connect from the charge position.
-Kind of like going into a turtle mode

-Sometimes I also backward/forward grapple to safety, or a good corner position.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Lately I've been messing with the D1xxSDC into throw or once you establish that D1xxSDC into another D1 setup. His D1 guessing game is really good. D1xxSDC back dash F22 etc there's tons of stuff you can do off it.

My main setups involve establishing the ground fireball, then making them afraid to jump with ianb's. Occasionally nbc into TA is nice too. Bread and butter setups high mb nb into a free TA or ground fireball. Its guaranteed way to get some momentum going. Pushblock TA traps I think will be the future of this character, they are so dirty. Also grapple wakeups if you can get the timing down.

Been messing with D1xxgrapple but IDK know if its all that useful, it might do more harm than good in most cases. Just the stuff I've been working on, take it for what you will.
D1xxSDC backdash is a great tool. Really good against people who are adept at blowing up d1xxSD. I usually just go into zoning NovaBlast frame traps after my retreat however. But f22 is a nice option to wiff punish certain characters I feel.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Old Zoning Tech:

TA Missiles (far), IAFB as low as possible, IAFB (head range), TA Missiles (far): Rinse and Repeat.

If the overhead missiles pop them up then you can hit them with 3x more fireballs before they hit the ground. Or 2x fireballs and another TA. Or 2x fireball into trait. Always around 20%.

Note: The idea is that they will try and duck the IANB, and because they are dumb, will get hit by the overheard missiles :p

You can also TA (far), IAFB as low as possible, then dash in for free pressure if they block, or a free b3 combo if they get popped up by the missiles. (Will sometime have to launch an extra-high fireball to deter them from jumping out of the trap or MB nova-blast to create frametraps).

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Just a little tidbit but I found that doing 113 NBC into the d1xxPF is waaay easier than the SDC. I can get it like 10/10 offline where the SDC was like 5/10.

Also I'm embarrassed to admit I just discovered you can hold and cancel target acquired the same as his other moves. Its cool.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Just a little tidbit but I found that doing 113 NBC into the d1xxPF is waaay easier than the SDC. I can get it like 10/10 offline where the SDC was like 5/10.

Also I'm embarrassed to admit I just discovered you can hold and cancel target acquired the same as his other moves. Its cool.
I have always wondered if NBC give more cancel advantage than SDC. Alas I can't determine it with my own testing, but NB has fewer frames start-up so it is possible.... lol

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
So i've been using this character, why do people say he has no damage again?
No simple meterless BIG damage.
Either requires a thoughtful, well developed mixup setup, or a 2-bar wallbounce cancel.
Even though a single down back 1 MB does 24%, I think..

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
No simple meterless BIG damage.
Either requires a thoughtful, well developed mixup setup, or a 2-bar wallbounce cancel.
Even though a single down back 1 MB does 24%, I think..

I find that he gets damage pretty easy when you couple in chip damage along with his hard hitting 3 hit combos lol.

I get jump in 3 as a cross up or fake cross up all the damn time and catch 29% meterless in 3 hits lol. j3, s3, db1. And off of a baited mb b3 its like 36%.

Whenever i land a hit in the corner its party time lol.

He honestly reminds me of jax, just without the crazy pressure mid screen but with good tools to run and enormous corner damage.

KIllaByte

I find that he gets damage pretty easy when you couple in chip damage along with his hard hitting 3 hit combos lol.

I get jump in 3 as a cross up or fake cross up all the damn time and catch 29% meterless in 3 hits lol. j3, s3, db1. And off of a baited mb b3 its like 36%.

Whenever i land a hit in the corner its party time lol.

He honestly reminds me of jax, just without the crazy pressure mid screen but with good tools to run and enormous corner damage.

Try meterburning the down back 1. It more-than doubles that moves damage, and sends them fullscreen away. It also allows for certain interactables to OTG.

I prefer standing 2 for his 3-4 hit mitscreen combos- it's faster, and has a better hitbox. It raises your likelihood of confirming a combo off of Jumping 3 aerial interceptions, or any type of jump in 3, and only reduces combo damage by 1.3%.
I've thought about that runaway Jax sentiment as well, and its accurate.

Where Jax chases you into the corner where he could do his 100%s, Cyborg runs away into the corner, where he does his 70%s, after all of the damage you'll be earning off of keepaway.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Try meterburning the down back 1. It more-than doubles that moves damage, and sends them fullscreen away. It also allows for certain interactables to OTG.

I prefer standing 2 for his 3-4 hit mitscreen combos- it's faster, and has a better hitbox. It raises your likelihood of confirming a combo off of Jumping 3 aerial interceptions, or any type of jump in 3, and only reduces combo damage by 1.3%.
I've thought about that runaway Jax sentiment as well, and its accurate.

Where Jax chases you into the corner where he could do his 100%s, Cyborg runs away into the corner, where he does his 70%s, after all of the damage you'll be earning off of keepaway.

yeah true I like to meterburn it sometimes and do a missle setup or a meaty fireball to keep them in check.

If the damage difference is that little then that sounds like a really good option, you get that back with a fireball or two blocked anyway. To be honest though i ALWAYS press s3 after a j3 so if it hits it always links into s3 no matter how random the hit is. Speaking of s2 wtf is the point of the move lol. It is a kabal like knee that sucks outside of combo.

Do you think NRS made the only black character like the other only black character on purpose?

Sounds kind of racist if you ask me

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Anybody got some good setups for the techno tackle? I can't seem to work it into my game effectively. Alot of the times it whiffs and I get blown up. I was trying to mess with D1xxTT and stuff but I dunno. ATM I'm having to like force myself to use it other than a combo ender for extra dmg.

KIllaByte

yeah true I like to meterburn it sometimes and do a missle setup or a meaty fireball to keep them in check.

If the damage difference is that little then that sounds like a really good option, you get that back with a fireball or two blocked anyway. To be honest though i ALWAYS press s3 after a j3 so if it hits it always links into s3 no matter how random the hit is. Speaking of s2 wtf is the point of the move lol. It is a kabal like knee that sucks outside of combo.

Do you think NRS made the only black character like the other only black character on purpose?

Sounds kind of racist if you ask me
Yo mayne, we have Cyrax and John Stewart alts now.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Anybody got some good setups for the techno tackle? I can't seem to work it into my game effectively. Alot of the times it whiffs and I get blown up. I was trying to mess with D1xxTT and stuff but I dunno. ATM I'm having to like force myself to use it other than a combo ender for extra dmg.
I think it is pretty awesome if you end corner combos with MB TT because it is a great knockdown and you have tons of frame advantage... aka free grapple with out sacrificing PF like damage for 113-grapple

KIllaByte

AWAKEN FORUM!

This character is so cool. WTF why does no one play him seriously.... I don't get it I really don't.
Reliance on instant air fireball is the only barrier.
Very few can maximize his zoning potential, and when a player knows they're not capable of using one their character's best tools, they drop him or give up.
There's characters who also do just as well if not better, without needing to IAFB.