What's new

Tech Cyborg Technology Development Thread

Glass Sword

Nobody
In the corner off a knockdown cyborg can do an instant jump 2 when the opponent is getting up and get a full combo off 11 into something. This works for the same reason Techno Tackle works. If the opponent is holding down it will count as them crouching even though they are standing when they get hit. I do this with Raven's j3 because it is eacy to. j2 is hard to do, so I don't know how practical it will be. If this does work in the corner the risk reward would be heavily in your favor.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Hey guys, just picked up Cyborg a couple of days ago, and this thread has been a great help. After some 1-meter combo/setup experimenting, here are some things I found...

(note 1: ** = meter burn)
(note 2: xx = special cancel)
(note 3: setups in #1 and #2 assume that opponent does not wake-up, tech roll, etc.)

MIDSCREEN

#1 - Midscreen Setup Combo:
J2, b123xxTA, f-dash, b2, b3, J3, 3xxPF** (~55%)
the TA missiles hit between b2 and b3, and this is an unblockable situation since TA is overhead and b2 is low

#2 - Extended Version of #1:
J2, b123xxTA, f-dash, b2, b3, J3, b123xxTA, f-dash, NB, b3, J3, 3xxPF** (~80%)
the reason that you NB after the second f-dash is because you are not in range to perform any lows

CORNER

#3 - Corner Combo:
J2, 3xxPF**, J2, 113xxPF (~40%)

#4 - Extended Version of #3:
at the end of #3, you are in an interesting situation...Cyborg is standing just on top of the opponent, and appears to be facing the wall. In actuality, he is facing away from the wall.
J2, 3xxPF**, J2, 113xxPF, b3** (where back actually means towards the wall), J3, 3xxPF (~70%)
I used the meter burn version of b3 just so you can plow through wake-ups, but may not be necessary

#5 - Extended Version of #4:
J2, 3xxPF**, J2, 113xxPF, b3**, f-dash, 112 (or any other finishing string you like)
after b3, dash under them as they are bouncing back and then use 112 (or something else) to knock them back into the corner

Hope this stuff is helpful! Let me know what works/doesn't work/needs improvement

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Hey guys, just picked up Cyborg a couple of days ago, and this thread has been a great help. After some 1-meter combo/setup experimenting, here are some things I found...

(note 1: ** = meter burn)
(note 2: xx = special cancel)
(note 3: setups in #1 and #2 assume that opponent does not wake-up, tech roll, etc.)

MIDSCREEN

#1 - Midscreen Setup Combo:
J2, b123xxTA, f-dash, b2, b3, J3, 3xxPF** (~55%)
the TA missiles hit between b2 and b3, and this is an unblockable situation since TA is overhead and b2 is low

#2 - Extended Version of #1:
J2, b123xxTA, f-dash, b2, b3, J3, b123xxTA, f-dash, NB, b3, J3, 3xxPF** (~80%)
the reason that you NB after the second f-dash is because you are not in range to perform any lows

CORNER

#3 - Corner Combo:
J2, 3xxPF**, J2, 113xxPF (~40%)

#4 - Extended Version of #3:
at the end of #3, you are in an interesting situation...Cyborg is standing just on top of the opponent, and appears to be facing the wall. In actuality, he is facing away from the wall.
J2, 3xxPF**, J2, 113xxPF, b3** (where back actually means towards the wall), J3, 3xxPF (~70%)
I used the meter burn version of b3 just so you can plow through wake-ups, but may not be necessary

#5 - Extended Version of #4:
J2, 3xxPF**, J2, 113xxPF, b3**, f-dash, 112 (or any other finishing string you like)
after b3, dash under them as they are bouncing back and then use 112 (or something else) to knock them back into the corner

Hope this stuff is helpful! Let me know what works/doesn't work/needs improvement
Cool stuff man. Welcome to Cyborg!

Couple things in your video. I really like ending a combo in TA as you demonstrated (which will net you opportunities to score the most damage ( ie B3 combos)). Instead of dashing in before the fireball, I think it is slightly better to delay a fireball with charge, that way it will hit them if they try and dash forward out of the TA which will launch (then you can dash forward to B3. At worst they just stand block and you get at least 4-6% chip which almost makes up for the damage lost by using a TA ender instead of a PF ender.

This works great against characters like batman and flash who are used to having a good forward dash to escape things.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
A few questions about ending a (juggle) combo in 2xxCloseTA:
1) if the opponent does a ground-based wake-up and you block it, are you guaranteed a missile hit into combo?
2) if the opponent does a air-based wake-up (which dodges the missiles) and you block it, are you guaranteed a punish?
3) if the opponent stand-blocks the missiles, are you guaranteed something since TA is +99 on block?
4) can the opponent recover fast enough to just jump out of the way of the missiles?

Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated :)

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Not sure if there's been any stage discussion... What do you feel would be the best stage(s) for Cyborg? I'm liking the background bounces because I can get 46 (possibly more) with one bar and go into a TA or Grapple set-up from there.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Just thought of something...
Push-block setups into TA no longer do damage thanks to the recent hotfix, but that might not be such a bad thing for Cyborg. This situation can be reconciled by using his trait and gaining some health.
For example: 112, close TA, opponent wakeup --> you push block, trait.
Thoughts?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Just thought of something...
Push-block setups into TA no longer do damage thanks to the recent hotfix, but that might not be such a bad thing for Cyborg. This situation can be reconciled by using his trait and gaining some health.
For example: 112, close TA, opponent wakeup --> you push block, trait.
Thoughts?
I've been liking Cyborg's trait for the first time in about 11 months of this game, not only because of utilizing it in the way you said, off of pushblock, but then cancelling the trait into the meterburned, armored overhead when the opponent tries to punish you for using trait.
Instead, we can punish them for trying to punish us, for big damage into a setup of any kind we want.

When a normal combo would KO an opponent, you can take a risk, by instead of doing 3, xx powerfist or something, you can try, Down 2, trait, (wait for punish attempt and then cancel into special move or armor or grapple-- B1, 2, 3 missiles (pushblock danger thing) but cancel into trait instead-- then, because they usually don't wakeup when missiles are on them, you can chip away by cancelling out of the trait into a nova blast. There's a lot of decent options, if the opponent doesn't have a safe teleport...

Speaking of setups, do you know about this wonky backwards throwable interactable glitch/tech that I forgot to remember to post about six months ago?

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I like trait also in certain MUs. Canceling into MB wall bounce is the best if you have meter but grapple and nova blast are good too.

And is your interactable glitch throw after a grapplehook? Because I love doing that since day 1 :) but it is so good on stages like luthiers lab or themiscaria. The backwards part hurts their brain.

Also, I will be using some cyborg at CW next weekend, but coming back to him a lot harder after. We will make him tourney viable!

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I like trait also in certain MUs. Canceling into MB wall bounce is the best if you have meter but grapple and nova blast are good too.

And is your interactable glitch throw after a grapplehook? Because I love doing that since day 1 :) but it is so good on stages like luthiers lab or themiscaria. The backwards part hurts their brain.

Also, I will be using some cyborg at CW next weekend, but coming back to him a lot harder after. We will make him tourney viable!
Yeah, it's after grapple.
Backwards chandelier throws are the best.

Hello everyone! I've been using Cyborg for a couple of weeks now and really like him. I've been trying to find some tech for him, especially to do with his trait. I ended up finding a glitch.

Now, this isn't game-changing and almost certainly won't win anyone any tournaments, and it may even be known already, but I wanted to share it just in case it wasn't known because it might end up leading to something more useful.

Basically, if you cancel your trait into Super, you can use your trait again straight after Super and it will continue to heal you even if you cancel it. This works even if you get as much out of your trait as you can before cancelling. This also works if you cancel into Nova Blaster, then cancel that into a dash into Super. Can't get it to work with Sonic Disruptor though :/

If someone could teach me how to post videos on here then I'd more than gladly post some : )

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
So is this corner set up known? You do b1,2 grapple forward then do j2 while falling on hit. Depending on how quickly you press the j2 you will either cross up or won't.

I believe this also works on block and to go further into it instead of doing the b1,2 you could do 1,2 since it throws in a low.

I'm messing around with Cyborg and it feels like his grapple would make him great for a cross up set up character. Like full screen TA into forward grapple. I'm new to him but he seems fun

So are you saying while the super animation is happening you'll continue to heal?
No I'm saying that straight after the Super your trait meter will appear full again, and if you press 4 (instead of holding it) then Cyborg will start up his trait and cancel it straight away but will continue to heal while you're free to run around and do as you please.

Having said that... A couple of times while I was playing around he did continue to heal while the Super animation went on, but couldn't heal again afterwards. However, I haven't been able to replicate this again.

Seems like the best time to do it is after TA is about to hit. Hold trait, if the opp gets hit then cancel into Super, then trait up again after. If they block, just cancel into something else or dash out of it.

Not sure if people know but trait heals 13% so potentially you can get 26% back this way. However it's still not really that viable as Cyborg wants his meter for the corner really, as well as b3 and f3.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Yeah, this glitch has happened to me a few time. I have really been trying to make it bug durring stage transitions as well. I think it is the animation effect that causes traits to act wonky.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I know about the glitch too, personally.
It also makes your trait have no cooldown for that one heal, so you can trait, super, trait, and then trait immediately after that one is done.

Oh really? I haven't been able to get the third trait :/ His trait is completely useless as far as I can tell anyway, because whenever you get an opportunity to use it, you could just use that opportunity to deal more DMG to your opponent.

I wish I had the execution I feel is needed to play Cyborg. You can't just zone. You have to constantly be moving and setting up stuff. Thats how i feel anyway. Sure some matches you can zone to your hearts desire, but in order to make him top 8 viable he needs to constantly work for set ups.