What's new

Battle Arena Week 3 Winners Announced -- Gameplay footage is LIVE!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I think Green Lantern will be that character who controls the air from any position he's in. Air missile ram, AA throw with a ridiculous range on it, missiles that start over his head, etc. That's what he's looking like.

Grundy impressed me a ton. That puddle trap is going to be hellish for zoners who have no air projectiles, and I wouldn't be surprised if Flash has a ton of problems with Grundy due to that possibly stopping run. Also, his tools up close are SCARY it seems.

Surprising that Aquaman's trident throw wasn't shown once here. But from what they've shown...he doesn't seem to be a ranged character even with that...moreso a poking character. That Donatello-style trident stab will probably end up doing a ton of chip damage. And his water shield looks to absorb everything.

Cyborg looks really strong...so much mobility, and such fast projectiles. Plus the target missiles being there. I'm wondering about his up close game, though. They didn't really show his speed there...and last we saw in the earlier builds, he looked slow. Wonder if he's all zone and mobility.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I am really digging Green Lantern. A lot of horizontal space control and a sick AA.

Also, he has a low starter that combos, and I am beginning to think that ram could be an overhead.

SLy

Noob
I think they all looked great. I Knew Grundy wasn't going to disappoint. People were already putiing a label on him like he wasn't going to be so good. Green Lanterns winning pose got me crazy hype. Cyborg is going to be a beast.

Aquaman actually looks good. I don't see how people are disappointed. This is aquaman we are talking about..It could've been worse..

I like how people are assuming that this is a great white shark..Maaaaaan this is the DC Universe bro.. Theres no telling whats in that water..sheesh

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Maaannn...

hype. Hype. HYPE

And also, to anyone saying that Grundy looked bad before and now looks amazing; he has some of the same moves. Grundy has always looked awesome, and from the day he was first revealed I knew he was going to be a boss at terrorizing people all across the stage and powerslamming them into oblivion.

I absolutely cannot wait for the salt this will induce.

Also, that manor stage is sick. Injustice's stock is rising.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Hmm ya becasue nothing says "balance" like a 9% 6 frame projectile 2% chip on block, or ya know like the three of the top five characters being zoners....
Kabal is tops because of his insane pressure tactics more than his zoning, Kitana is strong in both departments, Freddy is the same, Kenshi is probably the one that can't be played as both rushdown and zoning.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I totally agree, I'm a Cage player lol... Also Soyna is pretty hard to zone from what I have seen... great movment speed, d4 for miles, armored kartwheel, dive kick, ect...
ok so now you are a hypocrite lol

Zoning isnt mindless , if it were so easy everyone would be doing it and winning. Most dont including Kabals and Kenshis

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Maaannn...

hype. Hype. HYPE

And also, to anyone saying that Grundy looked bad before and now looks amazing; he has some of the same moves. Grundy has always looked awesome, and from the day he was first revealed I knew he was going to be a boss at terrorizing people all across the stage and powerslamming them into oblivion.

I absolutely cannot wait for the salt this will induce.

Also, that manor stage is sick. Injustice's stock is rising.
Can you imagine the tourney chant when doing a combo with Grundy?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Anyone notice that green lantern had a charge move that propelled him forward? Did he interact with the portal in the corner or was that in his moveset?

Also, just noticed his projectile (the one shot from the ring, the small one) launches. I wonder if that was the normal version on it, or the ex version.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Kabal is tops because of his insane pressure tactics more than his zoning, Kitana is strong in both departments, Freddy is the same, Kenshi is probably the one that can't be played as both rushdown and zoning.
@featured_Shadow

Yea and GGA Dizzy 3-0 m2dave zoning w cage who might be best zoner

Some people make the competitive scene look bad w MINDLESS comments

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Hmm ya becasue nothing says "balance" like a 9% 6 frame projectile 2% chip on block, or ya know like the three of the top five characters being zoners....
sounds like you just being free to zoning

i can beat all of those "OP" zoners with noob saibot

noob. fucking. saibot.

as for you using cage, it's really not difficult to pick up a different character.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Kabal is tops because of his insane pressure tactics more than his zoning.
I have to disagree, his IAGB and insane zoning is undoubtably his best tools and is what crushes the majority of the cast.... The NDC is just the icing on the cake in

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
@ 2:02 in the Grundy vs Lantern video, GL looks like he has a buff move as well (charges his ring in the lantern) He glows green.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I have to disagree, his IAGB and insane zoning is undoubtably his best tools and is what crushes the majority of the cast.... The NDC is just the icing on the cake in

Take out NDC and Kabal would not be a top 3 character. People can overcome the IAGB, not easily but they can be overcome. Kabal is so scary because, no matter what distance you are, he can force you into an unfavorable situation. Without NDC his pressure is ridiculously weak and he'd be getting eaten up by rushdown characters constantly.

ninjay

Noob
Cyborg looks really strong...so much mobility, and such fast projectiles. Plus the target missiles being there. I'm wondering about his up close game, though. They didn't really show his speed there...and last we saw in the earlier builds, he looked slow. Wonder if he's all zone and mobility.
I don't think he took a single step in that match, so you couldn't really see his walking speed. His forward dashes did look better than Aquaman's though.