What's new

Battle Arena Week 3 Winners Announced -- Gameplay footage is LIVE!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Anyone notice that right after Grundy catches GL out of his air-dash and throws him on the ground, he uses some sort of move that covers himself in a green gas (1:35)? I can't tell what it does, though, since he goes pretty much right into his super. Any thoughts?

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday...

THUMP

I wonder if he can finish the rhyme.
I hope he does, that was awsome. I'm really considering trying out Solomon Grundy just because of this video, he looked lame before, now he is awsome. I didn't like GL at all, his costume, his voice, his specials, his super, really dissapointed by him. Cyborg looks amazing and aquaman looks ok, alhough there were some moves we saw on the trailer but were not showed on this video, so there's hope for him.

Wow, i really really really want to use Grundy now, it's so sad he lost!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Will they give Aquaman a reward for blocking it though? Does the water shield block physical attacks...if it does that + the range on his trident/hundred trident slap may make him a great stegosaurus character. Kinda like Chun Li.
takes chip probably

maybe its unfinished

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
i'm making a list of the aquaman haters i'm going to hunt down on release now

Cyborg is going to be nerfed day 1 because of online scrubs complaining, I can already see it. :(
And everybody who wants to mindlessly zone will downplay him -_-

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Cyborg got to scream booyah! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Beautiful NRS. :)

Onto my thoughts of the matches.

As I figured Cyborg looks really good in this game, but surprisingly Grundy looks really good now in this. He's way faster, has a fair dash range and he got his armor! Looks like his finish has Colossus' armor. You get hit but no fucks will be given.

Aquaman's aqua-armor mover was pretty cool and I like that he has a mashable stab with the Trident for corner extension savagery. I think he could've come across better though since he hardly used his summonable trident low at all and that looked to be a solid spacing tool and good for possible relaunches if it lifts a juggle higher.

Green Lantern...looked slow. Im sorry, but I didn't feel him at all. I mean those moves might be safe on block or something, but other than his AA grab range (insane!) He just looked like he'd get overwhelmed by zoners or dashups. Jumpers will fall to him and likely he can extend nicely with this combos the way they looked, but he just felt...well...easy to scout.

Why do you think so?
All I see is a keep away character with a zipline to always get where he wants; with additional 20 million projectiles and self healing. Sounds annoying indeed.
Lol you haven't even played the game or even see what tools other characters have, or a strategy or anything.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
There is no sense complaining about zoning. Four characters that have been revealed so far have counters to zoning. Flash, Grundy, Batman, and Aquaman.

More may as well. Hell, we don't even know what moves have projectile invincibility attached to them yet!

Grundy looks awesome. His super looks so OP! I wonder if its a full screen unblockable or something? How crazy would that be? You have to deal as much damage to him as you can as before he reaches you. Thats total zombie!

I like how he has armor on what seems to be all his grabs. Grundy could be a potential top tier making you always guess when he is going to grab.