What's new

Battle Arena Week 3 Winners Announced -- Gameplay footage is LIVE!

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Wow Solomon surprised me the most, the only reason I thinks he had supr Armour is because he buffed it up in his multi throw, GL looks like he be a good player, his super is sick, but they could of made him more different than the MkxDC version very similar, if his trait is just a buff then what a waste of what it could of being

Anyone else think aquaman should of gave him a little beat down before feeding him to the shark, I guess since its a T rated game that's the most they could do, it be cool if you finish them with it, the shark take them off and they don't return to the screen, think of noobs throw finish

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Great gameplay footage.

Green Lantern's Super move is so fucking typical of Green Lantern himself, as it lacks imagination and creativity...incredibly lame, but that's exactly what GL is supposed to be like.

Although, it looks like an incredible move in itself, its almost the exact same as KL's :x , Anti Air, and anti crossover.

Grundy's super is so broken in many ways, which is great. It has the same effect as having RAGE in MKvsDC, don't get hit, just run away, and it appears to have MEGA armour (Most likely takes damage, but we can't see the life bars), NRS went out of their way to show that it's armoured for its duration.

Didn't see much of Aquaman and his abilities.

McNasty

Moist.
grundy has a better dash then aquaman? Every time they release one of these I cant help but think man some of this stuff looks cheap. Cant wait to get my hands on it!

Cyborg and Solomon Grundy looked so much more impressive than Aquaman and Green Lantern. Especially Grundy. His supermove, voice, moves are all so awesome. He just moved near the top of my try out list. Lantern's supermove and end was awesome but other than that his other moves weren't so impressive. But I am not sure if it was compared to Grundy who was just amazing Except for his super, Aquaman did not impress me at all.

Reedoms

Noob
Looks like they updated the models a bit, you can see Stel more clearly and they added Chummuck to the lineup. Though what looks like Kyle got moved even farther back so you can't see shit.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Man, that was so unhype. GL is as lame as I thought he would be, Cyborg is a freaking Mavado/Spencer of Injustice, and again no good soundtrack during battles , wtf, NRS ? At least Grundy was somewhat entertaining, though.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
This was awesome but where were the ground spikes and projectiles from Aquaman? I wanted to see how they're going to be in a match. Maybe I just missed something while I was in awe of royalty.

Also, was I the only one kinda worried about GL's specials? His projectiles look hella slow.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
really? I thought Green Lantern looked really good. His normals looked really fast, his combo potential looks amazing, and did you not see the mini gun that looked like it lasted an eternity? Wonder what the meter build on that will be...

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
This version of cyborg is broken.... looks like he has Sindel-esque projectiles, an IA projectile ability, he can charge his projectile and cancel the charge, and a grapple hook backwards.... all I can hope for is that his footsies and pressure game are terrible. From the looks of it, I will have to have a STRONG Flash just for the Cyborg players -____-

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Holy shit! I voted for Aquaman, but after seeing that footage, there is no way in hell Cyborg would have lost that fight! Between his mobility, zoning, and what looks to be adequate rushdown, I foresee Cyborg being a very high-tier character!

Tolkeen

/wrists
I know about animals...I know about sharks...I even know about Great Whites.
1. Those teeth look like they enlarged Baraka's teeth.
2. They don't swim around as if "biting" something at all times
3. They are blind when biting
4. SHARKS DON'T SMILE, this isn't Finding Nemo!
5. Does THIS look ANYTHING LIKE the shark in the game?! HELL NO.

I thought you were complaining about the super, not the entrance, my bad...
on a related note.... IT'S A GAME BRO :p

I didn't watch the Aquaman VS Cyborg fight yet, but the Grundy VS GL fight was annoying as hell... I mean the camera perspective. I do understand where they're coming from, since they want to show the fight from different angles, like it would be in a comic book, but come on ... it really ruins everything, since you're basically not able to see half of the moves.

Originally I didn't care for the camera angles because they showed a new perspective on the action, but during these battles, they made it too annoying and sidetracking from the action.

That aside, Grundy looks like he's going to give people some serious hell when he's in. Green Lantern doesn't seem as overwhelming as I thought he'd be but the angles may have had something to do with that. Aquaman's corner combo on Cyborg was Overkill lol but that's a good thing. Cyborg looks like a fusion of spencer, sektor, and Jax. His overhead zipline on a knocked down opponent spells mixup for days opporitunity. I like it!

Was that aquaman doing E.Honda handslaps or lightning legs? Otherwise I thought Aquaman looked kinda boring. I really wanted to play him.

Cyborg looks like he is gonna be annoying, especially if he ca heal himself while chucking all those projectiles then zipping away.

Green Lantern looked like a fun brawler. His super was pretty sick. That anti-air throw was cool. I also like his hovering animation.

Grundy looked freaking awesome. Those chain throws were very cool. Well worth the meter. It looks like you do not want to be in the corner against Grundy cause that super will hit you no matter what.