What's new

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice - Discussion Thread

Gofer_MK_

Banned
They are making a serious killer out of Batman, first he blows up 2 dudes with a rocket in the orevious trailer, now he snaps a guys neck...

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
There's a thread for this already.

But this trailer is fucking incredible and I've been salivating over it all day.

...That is not what happened at all.
by destroying I mean not intentionally, by fighting full power with zod. my rule of thumb is, did he not noticed the destruction he caused by fighting there? and if the said destruction kill a lot of people? if both answer is yes, then I stand with what I'm sayin' habibi.

E

Eldriken

I'm hyped as hell for this movie and everything, but that Doomsday looks like the Abomination fucked a ninja turtle in the ass and gave birth to a troll from LOTR.
Are we even sure it IS Doomsday? I think it is, but until I see "Doomsday" listed on the credits on IMDB, I'm gonna say it's just some creation from LexCorp that was made with Zod's DNA.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Are we even sure it IS Doomsday? I think it is, but until I see "Doomsday" listed on the credits on IMDB, I'm gonna say it's just some creation from LexCorp that was made with Zod's DNA.
It totally is. He's been rumoured a million times and it still looks like him, more or less.

E

Eldriken

It totally is. He's been rumoured a million times and it still looks like him, more or less.
If it is in fact him, I'd like to know who was in charge of his design. Not enough bone protrusions, man. He just doesn't look intimidating. It's exactly like you said in your earlier post: It looks like the Abomination fucked one of the Ninja Turtles.

I just hope they have some backstory for the creation of him. I very seriously doubt they could make anything remotely close to resembling Doomsday just from Zod's DNA. Doomsday was created during ancient Kryptonian times.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
If it is in fact him, I'd like to know who was in charge of his design. Not enough bone protrusions, man. He just doesn't look intimidating. It's exactly like you said in your earlier post: It looks like the Abomination fucked one of the Ninja Turtles.

I just hope they have some backstory for the creation of him. I very seriously doubt they could make anything remotely close to resembling Doomsday just from Zod's DNA. Doomsday was created during ancient Kryptonian times.
If it's him, hopefully he'll evolve later on. Some people are trying so hard to convince others that it's gonna happen when there's no evidence, but he's done it before so he could.

It's Doomsday, except it's created using Zod's body. Michael Shannon let it slip that it was Doomsday forever ago anyways, then took that back but I guess WB though "Fuck it, everyone knows Doomsday is in this movie" and that's why we have him in the trailer. I'm pretty sure Doomsday wasn't going to be revealed until you saw the film until Shannon fucked it up.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Did anyone peep Darkside minions flying all over the place at the 2:00min mark??? Darkside in the movie? A boom tube opens up maybe? Thoughts? :eek:
Yea I noticed it too, which messes up what I thought was going on. I believed that whole part with batman in the desert to be a dream sequence nightmare of what could happen if superman was given too much power. The Darkseid minions really through a screw in that theory though... Because how would he know about Darkseid at this point?

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Well, they FKED UP Lex (I hope it is his son or something...) and now Doomsday... poor CGI... he looks like coming straight out of a Ninja Turtle movie...

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Just saw the movie at a special screening I won from a contest. The movie overall sucks. I fucking hate Zack Snyder. All he knows how to do is destroy cities and use CGI effects. I have been waiting a year and a half for this shit. Yeah sure it's a lot of action and fancy sequences, but none of the characters other than like Batman have any emotion or depth. Superman is just a miserable prick the whole time. And don't even get me started on Jesse Eisenberg as Lex, that pretentious fuck.

Basically, expect to be disappointed. And this is from a die-hard DC fan. If the rest of the DC Universe movies are going to be like this, I'm done. This was technically supposed to be a Man of Steel sequel, and ironically Superman is the least interesting character in the movie.

But to each his / her own. Not blaming DC, more-so the director and David Goyer also, he's a great writer, and smarter than this mess of a movie.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Just saw the movie at a special screening I won from a contest. The movie overall sucks. I fucking hate Zack Snyder. All he knows how to do is destroy cities and use CGI effects. I have been waiting a year and a half for this shit. Yeah sure it's a lot of action and fancy sequences, but none of the characters other than like Batman have any emotion or depth. Superman is just a miserable prick the whole time. And don't even get me started on Jesse Eisenberg as Lex, that pretentious fuck.

Basically, expect to be disappointed. And this is from a die-hard DC fan. If the rest of the DC Universe movies are going to be like this, I'm done. This was technically supposed to be a Man of Steel sequel, and ironically Superman is the least interesting character in the movie.

But to each his / her own. Not blaming DC, more-so the director and David Goyer also, he's a great writer, and smarter than this mess of a movie.
This does not surprise me at all. I knew it would suck donkey balls. Jesse plays Lex like he is trying to be the Joker. And Doomsday in here? Big mistake, and he looks like a Ninja Turtle.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Well, this isn't good news. Gonna go see it Monday. I will reserve judgment until then.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Man of Steel was average at best. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible.

This movie however is a complete waste. There literally is no discernible plot or premise. Just 150 minutes of people being scared / depressed and endless setups for upcoming Justice League movies.

I hate that I'm hating this movie. I really was waiting a long time to see it and enjoy it. But even I can't get past this. It's like some high school student wrote the script. Visually it is fantastic. Doomsday kind of looks like shit but oh well. But as far as character development and an in-depth story, there isn't much to be found.

It's basically just an adrenaline-junkie movie. And seeing how this movie was supposed to setup the entire rebooted DC Universe, there should have been a lot more background and story. Not just B & S saying "you suck" to each other.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Man of Steel was average at best. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible.

This movie however is a complete waste. There literally is no discernible plot or premise. Just 150 minutes of people being scared / depressed and endless setups for upcoming Justice League movies.

I hate that I'm hating this movie. I really was waiting a long time to see it and enjoy it. But even I can't get past this. It's like some high school student wrote the script. Visually it is fantastic. Doomsday kind of looks like shit but oh well. But as far as character development and an in-depth story, there isn't much to be found.

It's basically just an adrenaline-junkie movie. And seeing how this movie was supposed to setup the entire rebooted DC Universe, there should have been a lot more background and story. Not just B & S saying "you suck" to each other.
Have to disagree, MoS was great. I know it's not everyones cup of tea but I generally enjoy snyder's style. Watchmen was fantastic. Can't argue your points about BvS because I haven't seen it yet but you're the only person I've heard saying there was too much fighting.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
While I will reserve judgement, this is what I have to say so far based on this overall agenda with WB.

Remember Amazing Spiderman 2, yeah me neither. On a more serious note, the reason why I felt that movie series was terrible was because it was so bent on setting the world of the movie such that they forgot to make it an enjoyable movie. There was so much substance and potential in there that could've made the movie better. They were so obsessed with setting up Sinister Six that they didn't make Spiderman enjoyable which says something about Hollywood cinema these days.

If I go in that theater and experience with my own two eyes trash passing off as art, I'm going to be upset. Especially since the second time this will happen.

Movies are not just about making revenue, they are art and it irks me how they are shoehorning. Even more irked in the sense that visuals are impressive. A movies art doesn't come solely from its visuals, you have to have an gritting plot with 3-dimensional characters who you've feel you've known your whole lives. Characters aren't just personas they are ideas brought to life and they want to be likable.

As an amateur writer myself I still struggle with this, I don't want to have setup happen so bad that I'm willing to ruin the overall enjoyment of what people think about what I write. For Hollywood to make a severe rookie mistake in shoehorning alot of stuff in will just ruin the movie as a art people can look at admire, and enjoy.

This is all based on what I saw from the trailers. How could they now think about this? I'm not ranting its just my overall pre-hindsight bias is that this movie is going to be lackluster, too much glitter without actual substance and its gonna be there for the nerdgasm.