What's new

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice - Discussion Thread

The Highlander

There can be only one
also it was a bit too early for doomsday.
I'm not a big fan of his design, he looks like a cave troll, but I think he's ok for the trinity. He's a big bruiser, very powerful but not smart or cunning enough for the whole Justice League. People are already complaining that the third act is a CGI fest, I doubt that would be made better by having 7 heroes fighting him. He's not really a villain that needs set up or backstory. I personally hope they do darkseid for part 2 and atlantis or something for part 1.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
i just got out of the Film today Im going to go ahead and throw might $0.02 into this thread..I agree with @MKF30 and i for one thought the movie was amazing. My only over all complaints were some of the pacing and the fact that some of the later action sequences used a bit to much shaky cam instead of steady cam the whole action affairs.

I got a kick out of the whole "gloom and Doom" vibe from the film and it was cool to see the real world cause and effect of the actions of the destruction Sups caused having an effect on the city and its populace. The movie tone went from: Shit might get real > Shit got real > and ended with > Shits about to get real in the future installments.

Something i would also like to point out is that Critics and some folks have always had it out for DC films...i mean you can pretty much play DC Movie hatter bingo with a stack of reviews and in this films case it shows. Ive also gotten to the point where i mainly just read reviews for fun but a rotten tomato meter of 29% critics hated it to a 70% liked it keyed me in early to a red flag...hell a simple google search clued me into the Critic Shit storm DC movie hate train that pulled into the media station before the movie was even out...

Anyhow back to the over all point I respect the opinions of some of the folks who didnt like it i understand. But hey I loved it id say the entire "post apocalyptic" Batman scene which i wont spoil here is fucking worth the price of admission alone...yea im seriously saying that one scene in that movie is so fucking epic that i would vouch a ticket purchase for it.

In summery the movie was solid and i cant wait for the Blu-ray..or Justice league...sure the film had its share of issue (yes if you have been keeping up with DC animated films or played Injustice story mode this scenario is nothing no but still exciting in live action form and yes some scene did seem to be trying a bit to tease future characters...the curse of not having separate movies to set that stuff of from the get go) but over all i guess im just confused at some of the hate its getting...

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Thankfully Doomsday was already evolving into the DD we all know and love, with the bone spurs and we all know he'll come back so I'm not worried about that.

i just got out of the Film today Im going to go ahead and throw might $0.02 into this thread..I agree with @MKF30 and i for one thought the movie was amazing. My only over all complaints were some of the pacing and the fact that some of the later action sequences used a bit to much shaky cam instead of steady cam the whole action affairs.

I got a kick out of the whole "gloom and Doom" vibe from the film and it was cool to see the real world cause and effect of the actions of the destruction Sups caused having an effect on the city and its populace. The movie tone went from: Shit might get real > Shit got real > and ended with > Shits about to get real in the future installments.

Something i would also like to point out is that Critics and some folks have always had it out for DC films...i mean you can pretty much play DC Movie hatter bingo with a stack of reviews and in this films case it shows. Ive also gotten to the point where i mainly just read reviews for fun but a rotten tomato meter of 29% critics hated it to a 70% liked it keyed me in early to a red flag...hell a simple google search clued me into the Critic Shit storm DC movie hate train that pulled into the media station before the movie was even out...

Anyhow back to the over all point I respect the opinions of some of the folks who didnt like it i understand. But hey I loved it id say the entire "post apocalyptic" Batman scene which i wont spoil here is fucking worth the price of admission alone...yea im seriously saying that one scene in that movie is so fucking epic that i would vouch a ticket purchase for it.

In summery the movie was solid and i cant wait for the Blu-ray..or Justice league...sure the film had its share of issue (yes if you have been keeping up with DC animated films or played Injustice story mode this scenario is nothing no but still exciting in live action form and yes some scene did seem to be trying a bit to tease future characters...the curse of not having separate movies to set that stuff of from the get go) but over all i guess im just confused at some of the hate its getting...
Great post dude, very interesting perspective. Props dude! Appreciate the post and glad others see what I'm saying. RT I think seriously were just hating on the movie, ignorant or simply paid off because there's no way in hell this film was 29% poor...lol not even close. Yet the fan approval/viewers rated it 80% on IMDB, other sites etc and 70% on RT.... that should tell people something.

Even WB, the actors and snyder said critics will just rate movies in general but this film was made for the fans and clearly those who read the comics, know stories and these characters will agree with the homages being paid in it. Yes, one thing I love about DC films is the loom, gritty and darker outlook I mean let's face it if Superman were real, you'd probably see what we saw in this film some people hating him, loving him, protesters(especially now days when people protest everything)

But yes, I agree that knightmare scene was amazing and I loved the fact that they paid homage to Injustice there(you know what part I'm talking about lol)

That ending was also a shocker I didn't expect that but DC unlike another studio has the balls to do that to a big, big main character. The BR and DVD version I can't wait for supposed to be originally Rated R anyway there's even a rumor that WB is considering releasing the Rated R full version in theatres but sadly probably won't happen. I've also noticed a pattern with these critics, they seem to put down or not like not just DC films but darker comic films in general. The last Xmen I enjoyed and fixed a lot of shit but for some reason critics weren't too fond of it, IDK why...but whatever.

These "professional critics" and so falled fans are hardly that, and give dumb to poor reasons why it "sucked" because they have no reasons, like you said it wasn't perfect(no movie is) but it sure as hell didn't suck. People think because they watched Keaton films and Batman TAS that makes them fans...bs lol. If that were the case I wouldn't be reading such nonsense like "omg Batman killed people" yeah...because he's never done that before *cough Keaton's Batman*Dark Knight stories, flashpoint *cough Nolans*cough* lol

E

Eldriken

It says it's rated R for "sequences of violence". The original already had that, so, um...how could it be much worse to make it rated R? Normally, if violence causes a movie to get rated R, it usually involves a lot of blood and/or gore among other things.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I thought they were just going to put Doomy's big floppy CG dick on him and call it a day. That would have done it for me if they're shooting for an R rating.

The Highlander

There can be only one
It says it's rated R for "sequences of violence". The original already had that, so, um...how could it be much worse to make it rated R? Normally, if violence causes a movie to get rated R, it usually involves a lot of blood and/or gore among other things.
I read an interview where snyder said it was mainly blood effects.