What's new

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice - Discussion Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just saw it, just want to say anyone who says "it sucks" is off their rocker, on drugs or simply NOT a comic book fan. A SUCKY comic book would honestly be Wolverine Origins, Xmen 3, Amazing Spiderman 2, Hulk, DareDevil, Superman Returns, Batman and Robin, Ghost Rider 2, Captain America 1, Green Lantern, Fantastic Four. THOSE movies SUCKED. BvS and MOS did NOT suck. Period. If someone is going to hate on Snyder or any other director for that matter, then don't bother seeing it. This can be said about any actor, director etc. I Just want to get that off my chest.

Secondly, the movie was pretty good, very emotional, had the Superman you'd expect for those "oldschool fans" who were down on him in MOS. These people who hate Snyder are just haters, Watchmen? 300? MOS? All GREAT movies and this one is no different. We finally get a comic book accurate Batman, a more experienced Superman and literally this movie pays great homage to 2 great archs in comics Dark Knight vibe and the other I well don't want to give away but yeah it's obvious which I'm referring to given the way it ended...

I also find the hilarious yet stupid criticism from those posers who were bitching over the second trailer saying "OMG Doomsday? They gave the movie away wahhh"! umm no, they didn't and secondly ok if we go by this logic then I guess Civil War definitely gave us everything than I mean both teams we know already, which team Spiderman is on, big potential character who will die if not be severely hurt? Yeah....but apparently they show Doomsday and BvS is ruined? GTFO...lol

The movie was 9/10 for me, it delivered in my book and as someone who reads the comics who actually knows how Batman and Superman act but also realize New 52 most of the newer heroes are edgier. Sure could have been better, but so can any movie but the positives outweigh the negatives.

Lastly, don't listen to Rotten Tomatoes, I hate people who are slaves to "what critics say" and can't form their own opinion by watching a movie or playing a game themselves. These people know jack shit about comic book movies 99% of the time, they even gave Deadpool a 6/10 and it was one of Marvel's better movies lately.

Don't listen to the "professional critics" to merely get paid for their opinions, they mean nothing and willing to be they don't even read the comics.

Last edited:

Briyen

Noob
it was pretty bad

should i list my credentials like how many comics ive read?
because it was pretty bad regardless, you just need eyes to see it
the most it accomplished was make man of steel look even better in comparison

The Highlander

There can be only one
it was pretty bad

should i list my credentials like how many comics ive read?
because it was pretty bad regardless, you just need eyes to see it
the most it accomplished was make man of steel look even better in comparison
Interesting that its so love/hate. What made it bad for you? No spoilers if possible please.

Briyen

Noob
Interesting that its so love/hate. What made it bad for you? No spoilers if possible please.
I gotchu, no spoilers!
Its mainly the story and character development. It was a long movie trailer, lots of flash and deep lines but doesnt connect the scenes together well. There were also a lot of moody scenes where people stare away from each other and say poetic lines. Motivations were kind of blurry. Lex luther was like mini joker and I'm fine with new interpretations but his seemed forced.

buuuuutttttttt

Action was appropriately great! I hope you enjoy it though, I'm the DC fanboy of my group and I'm just disappointed I can't brag about this to them.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Watching the Injustice story mode on youtube would have been a better use of my time.

What a fucking strange movie that was.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
This movie is AWESOME!
This is a movie about gods who don't feel the need to answer to mere people. Btaman doesn't give a shit who you are, if you're a crook you will get punched to the ground. Superman knows he's powerful as hell and doesn't have to answer to mere mortals. Luthor doesn't give a shit about the government and the people. Wonder Woman doesn't give a shit about anything, but her lust for battle. They value no human life except the ones that matter to them, or the ones that respect their power. They feel no remorse but for their own.
My heart was pumping madly, my emotions were bursting out. The whole movie is just pure emotions and reactions. Few thought. The only deep moment that was the court dispute, and even that one ended so suddenly and unexpected. That was the most shocking moment for me in the movie. Such a turning point!
The actors delivered. I really hope that Snyder keeps onto the DC movies and directs the rest.
I will definitely watch the director's cut. I feel there are some key scenes in there that tie the movie better.
It was all I expected and more. This movie is only gonna get better with time.
I think Luthor's motive was uncovered at the end of the movie, where he says that someone in space already knows about what's going on on Earth and he's already coming, and he also repeats "The bells are ringing". I think he's talking about Drakseid and somehow for some reason he knows about him and what his reasons are, but it's vague.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
It was "OK." I kinda felt like the story was all over the place and it was hard to follow. Also I felt the end was kinda like Green Lantern. Doomsday designed was horrible. Looks like an oversized Orc from LOTR. I think some of the reviews were making it worse than it was but overall I give it a 5/10.

MKF30

I noticed alot of people on the net saying it's 'bad' have no real logical reasons outside of being confused or petpeeving. I rest my case. This movie was leagues above green lantern...lol

DD only looked like that because it was origin doomsday, noticed he was constantly evolving with spikes he'll be back. Mark my words.

The only remote complaint I had was Jesse's luthor was ok, but i can live with it since everyone else was phenomenal.

The first half hour I the film was Don like a comic, not that complicated lol. You see batmans point of view, then Supernans, then the world's. I don't think it was all over the place. For the casual novie goer or non comic reader though I guess I can see how that may confuse someone..shrugs but wasnt that complex.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Gotta say I really enjoyed it. The fights in the third act are beyond awesome. There is a lot going on by the second act so I can see why people think it's convoluted, but they all greatly exaggerated the extent. It could put off more casual viewers though, like my mum and sisters could watch the dark knight but I doubt they could watch this without asking me about why certain things happened (to be fair that is also true with movies like the avengers though).

Without spoilers I'll just say a side-plot could have been scrapped and that screen time could have been given to either superman or lex for better development. Die hard lex fans might not like this interpretation but I honestly didn't mind it.
Batfleck is awesome, Cavill is great as superman and gets a lot of the standout scenes, Jeremy Irons NAILS Alred, and most importantly Gadot's Wonder Woman is ridiculously cool. I'm so hyped for her solo movie.

I would rate this better than the Dark Knight Rises and MoS, but below Batman Begins and the Dark Knight. For comparison with the avengers I would say that while the avengers is perhaps a more cohesive movie, I would rather re-watch BvS so take that for what you will.

Linkuei82

I noticed alot of people on the net saying it's 'bad' have no real logical reasons outside of being confused or petpeeving. I rest my case. This movie was leagues above green lantern...lol

DD only looked like that because it was origin doomsday, noticed he was constantly evolving with spikes he'll be back. Mark my words.

The only remote complaint I had was Jesse's luthor was ok, but i can live with it since everyone else was phenomenal.

The first half hour I the film was Don like a comic, not that complicated lol. You see batmans point of view, then Supernans, then the world's. I don't think it was all over the place. For the casual novie goer or non comic reader though I guess I can see how that may confuse someone..shrugs but wasnt that complex.

Why didn't you just quote me? I mean I respect your opinion you have the right to it, but that's just mine. They messed up on DD regardless of what excuse you want to make of it. He looked like an orc.

The editing was bad and the plot was confusing. There a lot of things in the movie that didn't make sense. If the mass majority says something about it then maybe it might be some truth in it?

As far as the Green Lantern comparison, the end reminded me of it. Just mass destruction and Random villain fight. Same as I felt with Spiderman 3.

BTW Green Lantern has a 4% less rating than BVS. So I don't know about the "Leagues better" comment. Then again it's just our opinion. No reason to take my opinion personal...

MKF30

Why didn't you just quote me? I mean I respect your opinion you have the right to it, but that's just mine. They messed up on DD regardless of what excuse you want to make of it. He looked like an orc.

The editing was bad and the plot was confusing. There a lot of things in the movie that didn't make sense. If the mass majority says something about it then maybe it might be some truth in it?

As far as the Green Lantern comparison, the end reminded me of it. Just mass destruction and Random villain fight. Same as I felt with Spiderman 3.

BTW Green Lantern has a 4% less rating than BVS. So I don't know about the "Leagues better" comment. Then again it's just our opinion. No reason to take my opinion personal...
I was talking in general, the only thibg you said pertaining to my post was the horrible gl comparison which bvs is as I said way better. Fact. The gl movie had no substance, bad plot, did the villain all wrong at least dd looked like dd and evolved as such, again if you've read the books you'd know dd evolves and adapts mid battle like he did in bad. Parralax was made into a giant cloud face nothing like the comics....

The ending again did you read
death of superman because doesn't sound like you have or yous know why it ended the way it did

Secondly, the editing was fine you're the first person to mention that of all things the plot wasn't confusi g at all very simple if you read the comics and saw mos, but you sound like a casual movie goer so I could find the 'confusing' aspect understandable to a point. The fight wasn't random, that makes no sense lex was creating dd as a back up plan in case batman couldn't kill superman....bats, supes and ww realize they're fighting for same reasons thus team up against dd. Simple.

Read what I said earlier regarding critics, I don't care what they think nor should anyone who's capable of thinking for themselves, so the points ratio means nothing to me. The only difference between theirs and ours is they get paid for their opinions and chances are they dont read comics like some of us like myself do or snyder. Yes not just some random director. RT didnt like deadpool either....your point? Most marvel fans i know loved it.

Lastly, when did orcs in lotr another series i love grow spikes and evolved mid battle not to mention three times the size of the standard orc?

Linkuei82

I was talking in general, the only thibg you said pertaining to my post was the horrible gl comparison which bvs is as I said way better. Fact. The gl movie had no substance, bad plot, did the villain all wrong at least dd looked like dd and evolved as such, again if you've read the books you'd know dd evolves and adapts mid battle like he did in bad. Parralax was made into a giant cloud face nothing like the comics....

The ending again did you read
death of superman because doesn't sound like you have or yous know why it ended the way it did

Secondly, the editing was fine you're the first person to mention that of all things the plot wasn't confusi g at all very simple if you read the comics and saw mos, but you sound like a casual movie goer so I could find the 'confusing' aspect understandable to a point.

Read what I saud earliervregarding critics, I don't care what ghryvthink nor should anyone who's capable of thinking for themselves, so the points ratio means nothing to me. The only difference between theirs and ours is they get paid for their opinions and chances are they dont read comics like some of us like myself do or snyder. Yes not just some random director.

Lastly, when did orcs in lotr another series i love grow spikes and evolved mid battle not to mention three times the size of the standard orc?

Did you really get that mad that you couldn't type a response?

Please read the reviews of the movie. Most of the things I said other people agree with. The editing was bad and the film was all over the place and a lot of the plot didn't make sense.

I did read the comics and it look nothing like Doomsday. DD looked like an Orc straight out of LOTR and mix with King Kong.

The comparison of Death of Superman of the 90's was ruined in this film. Everything was rushed and the movie was bloated to try and compete with Marvel.

The only Fact about BVS is better than GL is how you think of it. I thought at the end it was similar. Especially how the villain looked nothing like the comic.

Stop being so defensive just because you liked the movie.

MKF30

Did you really get that mad that you couldn't type a response?

Please read the reviews of the movie. Most of the things I said other people agree with. The editing was bad and the film was all over the place and a lot of the plot didn't make sense.

I did read the comics and it look nothing like Doomsday. DD looked like an Orc straight out of LOTR and mix with King Kong.

The comparison of Death of Superman of the 90's was ruined in this film. Everything was rushed and the movie was bloated to try and compete with Marvel.

The only Fact about BVS is better than GL is how you think of it. I thought at the end it was similar. Especially how the villain looked nothing like the comic.

Stop being so defensive just because you liked the movie.
Why do I have to read reviews of a movie to enjoy or or not or judge it? So you're telling me I have to listen to "critics"? lol no offense dude but that's nonsense. I prefer to judge a movie or game for myself, not be a slave to the system of critics or what others "tell me". Especially when I know chances are I know more about these characters than "professional critics" do.

Mad?? I'm not mad dude lol. I typed a responce.:confused: I'm actually more amused by a lot of the criticism I'm reading about this movie more than anything if you want me to be honest. Namely those people who will go out of their way to bash every DC film but praise every Marvel film where I can find just as many things to complain about but that's another story, since you mentioned both DC and Marvel films I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you're not one of those people. I just disagree with some of your critics.

Anyway, if you read the comics you'd know DD has changed over the years and evolves/changes mid battle right?Then there's iterations, N52 DD vs original DD look nothing alike outside of the grey color. Most of the things I said most agree with also who enjoyed the movie. Most of the gripes for this movie I've read are kind of stupid or petpeeving from "DD's face" to "omg it's so confusing" when it really isn't lol. Someone even complained about Batman using guns but obviously isn't familiar with the character over time or alternate versions(which btw just want to point out goes for DC and Marvel all these movies are alternate versions as they're merely based off the characters. Notice how both will take liberties at times.

The editing was fine to me, it was very comic booky with the first half hour going from one segment to the next(which I'm fine with honestly) from what I'm seeing online only someone who gets easily confused would complain about that honestly or those who are casual movie fans(not comic book ones). Out of every negative review, you're the first literally to mention editing. That's like someone saying "the movie was too loud, bad audio engineering" sorry but that's sounds more like a personal petpeeve.

It wasn't ruined, because well we all know he comes back in the book...it wasn't rushed, this movie took 3 years what are you talking about? How is that rushed? Rushed would be every year or every few months. There have been good, bad DC and Marvel films over the years but this movie isn't one of them. The same people bitching over this movie are the same lame people who griped over MOS with grasping at straw reasons to hate on it. BvS is miles better than GL, no two ways about it whether you're a comic fan or movie goer this is common sense. There were two villians in BvS Lex and DD...Lex has had hair in the comics if you read them, and DD was origin DD he was growing spikes as the fight progressed and will most likely look more comic accurate next time we see him.

I'm not being so defensive stop grasping at straws for reasons to hate on it. You can dislike it all you want, that's fine but if someone posts a silly reason I'll say something I have no problem like "the editing was bad or CGI sucked or Ben sucked as Batman" when clearly all are false. I know you didn't say the last point but that's merely some "critiques" i've read about this movie when majority even agree Ben's Batman was one of the stronger points about this film. As far as I'm concerned, most critics professional or otherwise don't even read the comics nor get the homage Snyder paid in this movie. All I'm going to say.

At any rate, guess it's best if we agree to disagree you have your views, I have mine.

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Why do I have to read reviews of a movie to enjoy or or not or judge it? So you're telling me I have to listen to "critics"? lol no offense dude but that's nonsense. I prefer to judge a movie or game for myself, not be a slave to the system of critics or what others "tell me". Especially when I know chances are I know more about these characters than "professional critics" do.

Mad?? I'm not mad dude lol. I typed a responce.:confused: I'm actually more amused by a lot of the criticism I'm reading about this movie more than anything if you want me to be honest. Namely those people who will go out of their way to bash every DC film but praise every Marvel film where I can find just as many things to complain about but that's another story, since you mentioned both DC and Marvel films I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you're not one of those people. I just disagree with some of your critics.

Anyway, if you read the comics you'd know DD has changed over the years and evolves/changes mid battle right?Then there's iterations, N52 DD vs original DD look nothing alike outside of the grey color. Most of the things I said most agree with also who enjoyed the movie. Most of the gripes for this movie I've read are kind of stupid or petpeeving from "DD's face" to "omg it's so confusing" when it really isn't lol. Someone even complained about Batman using guns but obviously isn't familiar with the character over time or alternate versions(which btw just want to point out goes for DC and Marvel all these movies are alternate versions as they're merely based off the characters. Notice how both will take liberties at times.

The editing was fine to me, it was very comic booky with the first half hour going from one segment to the next(which I'm fine with honestly) from what I'm seeing online only someone who gets easily confused would complain about that honestly or those who are casual movie fans(not comic book ones). Out of every negative review, you're the first literally to mention editing. That's like someone saying "the movie was too loud, bad audio engineering" sorry but that's sounds more like a personal petpeeve.

It wasn't ruined, because well we all know he comes back in the book...it wasn't rushed, this movie took 3 years what are you talking about? How is that rushed? Rushed would be every year or every few months. There have been good, bad DC and Marvel films over the years but this movie isn't one of them. The same people bitching over this movie are the same lame people who griped over MOS with grasping at straw reasons to hate on it. BvS is miles better than GL, no two ways about it whether you're a comic fan or movie goer this is common sense. There were two villians in BvS Lex and DD...Lex has had hair in the comics if you read them, and DD was origin DD he was growing spikes as the fight progressed and will most likely look more comic accurate next time we see him.

I'm not being so defensive stop grasping at straws for reasons to hate on it. You can dislike it all you want, that's fine but if someone posts a silly reason I'll say something I have no problem like "the editing was bad or CGI sucked or Ben sucked as Batman" when clearly all are false. I know you didn't say the last point but that's merely some "critiques" i've read about this movie when majority even agree Ben's Batman was one of the stronger points about this film. As far as I'm concerned, most critics professional or otherwise don't even read the comics nor get the homage Snyder paid in this movie. All I'm going to say.

At any rate, guess it's best if we agree to disagree you have your views, I have mine.
Ok well I'm not going to debate back in forth on how you feel the movie is good and how I see it as just "OK" with many issues.. Like I said, you have the right to your opinion as do I. That's all there is to it.

MKF30

Ok well I'm not going to debate back in forth on how you feel the movie is good and how I see it as just "OK" with many issues.. Like I said, you have the right to your opinion as do I. That's all there is to it.
Fair enough dude lol. I'll admit I've been looking forward to seeing Batman and Superman on the same screen at once. lol for years. I did like that little knightmare sequence kind of a nod to Injustice kind of. Hey we both like the Lin Kuei :D

Linkuei82

Fair enough dude lol. I'll admit I've been looking forward to seeing Batman and Superman on the same screen at once. lol for years. I did like that little knightmare sequence kind of a nod to Injustice kind of. Hey we both like the Lin Kuei :D
I did like that dream sequence too. And I notice it was a nod to Injustice. I had no issues with the acting I thought Ben was a really good Batman and would love for him to have a standalone movie. I also enjoyed Gal Wonder Woman as well. Henry Cavill was good.

I've been repping the Lin Kuei since 1992 bro lol.

MKF30

I did like that dream sequence too. And I notice it was a nod to Injustice. I had no issues with the acting I thought Ben was a really good Batman and would love for him to have a standalone movie. I also enjoyed Gal Wonder Woman as well. Henry Cavill was good.

I've been repping the Lin Kuei since 1992 bro lol.
Nice I liked the LK a lot but liked them a lot more once Subby took over back in well the first timeline in Deadly Alliance. Yeah I feel the same way there acting was pretty solid from just about everyone. The one part I have been reading that confused almost everyone alike was the Flash part I heard people in the theatre behind me literally say "who the hell was that?" lol Some people were like was that real, dream or can Batman see the future? lol

Gal will get her own stand alone film next year. Batman is supposed to get one rumor that Ben will also direct it. So excited for that, people are already comparing Bales to Ben's Batman haha.

Linkuei82

Nice I liked the LK a lot but liked them a lot more once Subby took over back in well the first timeline in Deadly Alliance. Yeah I feel the same way there acting was pretty solid from just about everyone. The one part I have been reading that confused almost everyone alike was the Flash part I heard people in the theatre behind me literally say "who the hell was that?" lol Some people were like was that real, dream or can Batman see the future? lol

Gal will get her own stand alone film next year. Batman is supposed to get one rumor that Ben will also direct it. So excited for that, people are already comparing Bales to Ben's Batman haha.
Nice I can't wait for the new Batman and Wonderman. Batman is my favorite comic character next to Spawn.

One thing I did not agree with was the criticism with showing Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg. I thought that part was pretty cool.

MKF30

Nice I can't wait for the new Batman and Wonderman. Batman is my favorite comic character next to Spawn.

One thing I did not agree with was the criticism with showing Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg. I thought that part was pretty cool.
Yeah that was a surprise, I think people were ranting on that cause "it was from an email" but I thought that was cool too because it seemed more mysterious and for people not familiar with comics probably like "who are these guys?" That whole part was neat. Spawn's cool, Todd gave NRS the right to use him for a certain period I wonder if he'll be DLC in Injustice 2? hmmm Everytime someone asks NRS or Boon they're mum on that lol. He's working on the script for a new movie too, that should be sweet.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
my opinion? DC blew there load way too early. Like several other people said, they're trying to play catch-up to marvel and its painfully obvious. All flash no substance as well im afraid.

The Highlander

There can be only one
my opinion? DC blew there load way too early. Like several other people said, they're trying to play catch-up to marvel and its painfully obvious. All flash no substance as well im afraid.
Hmm I don't think that the movie was rushed. They had plenty of time to make a movie, and I disagree that we need a batman, ww, flash, cyborg, aquaman, solo films to set everything up. These characters are MUCH better known than most of the marvel characters (besides spiderman/hulk) and don't need set-up films for the audience to understand and care about them. The weird pacing can be attributed to a lot of last minute cuts because they feared a 3hr movie was too long.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Boy this movie was garbage. I expected it to suck, but damn it was almost unwatchable. Best thing was the Knightmare. Lex was ass and Doomsturtle was awfull... overall I would give it around 3 maybe 4 out of 10.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
So tired of people saying you aren't a real DC fan if you didn't like BvS. Like bitch I've been a DC fan since Michael Keaton was playing Batman, and that's only because that's the first Batman I grew up with.

Movie sucked. It was very disappointing. I want to like it so much, but I can't.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Hmm I don't think that the movie was rushed. They had plenty of time to make a movie, and I disagree that we need a batman, ww, flash, cyborg, aquaman, solo films to set everything up. These characters are MUCH better known than most of the marvel characters (besides spiderman/hulk) and don't need set-up films for the audience to understand and care about them. The weird pacing can be attributed to a lot of last minute cuts because they feared a 3hr movie was too long.
also it was a bit too early for doomsday.