What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman Match-Up Discussion

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
We've really got to make a matchup discussion made by someone who fuckin cares, cuz the fact the OP is never updated is bullshit

NonchA

Noob
Play it slow, block shots - move up. once you get close, expect their front flips...block that and full combo punish. Try to avoid making jumping in obvious, cuz they can front flip out of it
Thanks for that, I'm having trouble against one as well. Get too impatient.

Durango

Enhancer
Fighting Doomsday is just asking for it. Horrible wakeup move, armors through your projectiles, and keeps you in the corner all day with his anti-air/low slam. Doesn't even need teleport.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Fighting Doomsday is just asking for it. Horrible wakeup move, armors through your projectiles, and keeps you in the corner all day with his anti-air/low slam. Doesn't even need teleport.
you mean other than the fact doomsday loses 3-7 right?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
We definitely have the advantage against Doomsday. Trait, B23 and MB Batarangs can eat away at DD's trait until it runs out. Not to mention that with the exception of Earthshake, Up Venom, and I think Supernova, we can parry almost everything Doomsday does. You do have to respect DD's jump-in as I find that one particularly difficult to anti-air(it could be that I'm a scrub) and if you're cornered you'll have a bad day...but it is entirely winnable by Batman.

Rude

Off the top of my head, and based on what I've played, Batman's problem match-ups are: Hawkgirl, Nightwing, The Flash(If you think you can just trait and toss Batarangs all day, you are mistaken. A good Flash is very, very dangerous), Possibly Superman(I'm on the fence with this one), and...well, I think that's about it. Maybe Ares, but I am still learning that one. Teleport is punishable, and you can interrupt pressure with standing 5. You have to be careful about godsmack, but this match isn't entirely overwhelming.

The Hawgirl one is though, definitely. Her movement and her reach, plus the fact that you CANNOT(I have tested this) parry mace charge is a problem. A big one.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
How do you deal with a spamming Deathstroke?

With patience. That's the key. The large majority of DeathStroke players I see around the online scenario are just spammers who rely on full-screen distance to be a threat. Play it slow. Try to enclose the distance one step at time, there's really no need to try to rush in against this character, since he has such good wake-up options (but both punishable if you can make the right reads), play smart. If you take a huge life lead in the beginning of the match, well, great! It's half way done, just play it even slower and wait for him to come for you. He will make mistakes if he is desperate I assure you.

Hope that helps.

Rude

I tend to agree with Qwark, but I will say these things about the match-up: DD's jump attack is pretty difficult for bats to Anti-Air, and once DD gets rolling with pressure and MB Venoms, you have to be very careful. It isn't a free match for Batman by any means.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
7-3 is TOTAL dominance in my point of view. I do agree that Bats wins in this particular match-up (Doomsday), but saying it's free (that's what 7-3 is after all) is just non sense.

7-3 is something like... Yun Vs Dhalsim in SSF4AE. It's total obliteration.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
7-3 is TOTAL dominance in my point of view. I do agree that Bats wins in this particular match-up (Doomsday), but saying it's free (that's what 7-3 is after all) is just non sense.

7-3 is something like... Yun Vs Dhalsim in SSF4AE. It's total obliteration.
you do realise SF matchup numbers are quite different in meaning compared to the rest of the games?

6 4 is slight advantage
7 3 is clean advantage

in sf4 people counterpick over 5.5-4.5 matchups to give you an idea of just how different they are

the fact that DD has his venom and frametraps limited along with his trait is reason enough for 7 3

Rude

Then offer something more productive than, "Nuh-uh, you're wrong."

Durango

Enhancer
I wish people would stop insisting that Batman is 7-3 against Doomsday. His armor rushes, his rushdown game, his nigh-impossible to avoid teleport stomps, and Batman's crappy recovery game make this one of the hardest matchups in the entire game, all in Doomsday's favor.