What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman Match-Up Discussion

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
block high? he teles?
Well I've been able to keep Scorpion away for the most part (ending combos with b23) and not have to worry extremely on j3 but they did tele whore, I kept holding down when they were far for the most part cuz I expected it...keep a bat on me so when they push towards me they open themselves for a combo

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Don't forget to parry. You can parry his ex shoulder charge and, when he learns to respect that, the matchup is way easier. I also use a lot b23, it's fast enough to counter almost every tactic he has to get close (as long he fear your parry and doesn't ex shoulder charge) and gives you the space you need.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Best punish move on him? I'm thinking 113 combo since he outranges Bats easy.
Forgot that part, you wanna parry often...once he's down, b23. You want to end as many combos as possible with b23 to get the distance for them to shoulder charge and you can just parry again lol

Best punish move on him? I'm thinking 113 combo since he outranges Bats easy.
As it has been said, 113 is a great punishing string, but if you had the meter to spare, or are going for the kill, go for

123 > b2 > MB up batarang > b3 > j3 > b23.

Startup frames are the same as 113, and the fact that Doomsday has a big hitbox helps you land that combo WAY easier than on the rest of the cast.

Also, you must take into consideration that Doomsday has A LOT of time to block confirm the normal venom into MB venom. That will not only make the move safe, but also will beat your punishing attempt... so you need to try to punish venom with a parry on reaction first. If Doomsday doesn`t MB, and in every other situation you can punish him, go for the combo stated above.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Any tips for the Ares matchup?

Is it also possible that the Bats Matchup Discussion could get cleaned up so it is easier to navigate? There is a such a wealth of info here and it's a shame that some of it remains hidden throughout the thread.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Any tips for the Ares matchup?
I'm still trying to get a feel for this MU, myself. What I've been doing so far is just playing a little more patiently to see if Area will try to teleport behind me. When he does, I'll either neutral jump or just try and block the low attack that 90% of Ares players tend to do. You might also try jumping backwards when he teleports as well, to try and cross him up before he has time to do anything after teleport.

I don't know. I really don't have that much MU experience against Ares. There's a recent video of me fighting an Ares in the Batman video database if you want to take a look at that and see if anything jumps out at you.

Mark G

Noob
I have a question. I main Batman mostly but sometimes I have a tough time with Doomsday, mainly online when people spam his Supernova move where he jumps in the air land on you. How can you avoid it since it's unblockable? Any tips?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I have a question. I main Batman mostly but sometimes I have a tough time with Doomsday, mainly online when people spam his Supernova move where he jumps in the air land on you. How can you avoid it since it's unblockable? Any tips?
forward dash...punish...profit.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
I want to know my fellow Batman mains opinion on something, is Batman top tier? Match up wise, does he win against the other alleged top? For me personally, the characters which give the most trouble are Aquaman, Scorpion, and Doomsday. The rest of the cast, I feel like I can outplay or play smarter than them and win, except maybe Hawkgirl only cause I have little experience dealing with fly away bs.

I want to know my fellow Batman mains opinion on something, is Batman top tier? Match up wise, does he win against the other alleged top? For me personally, the characters which give the most trouble are Aquaman, Scorpion, and Doomsday. The rest of the cast, I feel like I can outplay or play smarter than them and win, except maybe Hawkgirl only cause I have little experience dealing with fly away bs.

He has the tools to win against all of the characters. Aquaman, Scorpion and Nightwing seems to be the only problematic matchups for him. But I don't know that any of them are any worse than a 4-6. And for Doomsday, I feel like that once you learn how to dodge his supernova and how to block his earth shake, he's pretty easy to beat imo.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
After a set against the best Hawkigrl I've encountered (boodendorf), not too bad. The trick against her is not letting her fly and keeping your distance.

When you see her fly activate trait, jump, release bats and, as soon you touch the ground, throw a batarang or use the grapple. That way you will force her to come to the ground and play your game. Word of advice: never, NEVER, try to rush her, it's almost imossible. Zone and wait for an opening (using MB batarang is one of your best options).

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
After a set against the best Hawkigrl I've encountered (boodendorf), not too bad. The trick against her is not letting her fly and keeping your distance.

When you see her fly activate trait, jump, release bats and, as soon you touch the ground, throw a batarang or use the grapple. That way you will force her to come to the ground and play your game. Word of advice: never, NEVER, try to rush her, it's almost imossible. Zone and wait for an opening (using MB batarang is one of your best options).
Thanks for the info. I have been confining Hawkgirl to the ground with the traits and batarangs with success (good to know I was on the right track there). It sounds like my issue was that I was rushing in too much :eek: . I would constantly get caught with Hawk Girls D1 whenever I was rush down.