What's new

Match-up Discussion Batman Match-Up Discussion

Thanks, before I read this post I was thinking of putting insane corner presure more regularly then I do.

Maybe anyone here can point out some things I've done wrong here in my gameplay? xD
WHAT YOU DID WRONG WAS RECORD A FIGHT WITH A PATHETIC BLACK ADAM PLAYER .. HIS BLACK ADAM REEKS OF NO SKILL

SILENCE !!!!! THE EMPEROR IS SPEAKING !!!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
@RapZiLLa54

I'd say you're about dead on in my opinion at this point in the game.

From personal experience, I feel that the superman match-up is slightly in supermans favor (4-6). You can argue that parry negates his f23 breath pressure and the majority of his mix-ups, but all it really does is give good superman players additional mix up options. Parry is ridiculously punishable and if you're facing a good superman that knows that they can bait it out, you get some near 50% optimized combos thrown your way. Plus, as you said, the zoning game is clearly in supermans favor.

Also, I think the neutral jump only works if the superman player does the f23 too late, it will catch back-dash and neutral jump if they do it correctly. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong but I have definitely been caught n.jumping by good superman pressure.
I can't disagree but on the flip side we can also take advantage when hes expecting parry, it works both ways. Also we can just full combo him without a neutral jump with 123 or 113 if he tries to loop after ice breathe. I have gotten caught with a few f23 while neutral jumping so its a just frame kind of thing.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Going to give a MU Chart a shot.

Bane 7-3 Has to come to us and parry beats lvl 3 running charge

discuss :)
Lately I've struggling more than I'd like with competent Bane players while playing as Batman. How do you approach the match when faced with Bane? The rest of the Bats mains are free to chime in as well.

RapZiLLa54

Lately I've struggling more than I'd like with competent Bane players while playing as Batman. How do you approach the match when faced with Bane? The rest of the Bats mains are free to chime in as well.
Zone him out and stare at his Venom gauge. His Venom Gauge is a clear indicator of what hes going to do. When he goes level 3 be prepared to either parry or back jump 2 full combo a running charge. You should always be blocking low as his overhead double punch isn't going to do a ton of damage especially compared to his low starter. Try to avoid the corner at all costs.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
How I play this MU:

When he has venom, lay back and play a little ranged.

When venom is on cool down, bust out bat trait and go all Power Ranger on his ass (rush down with crazy jumping involved).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Zone him out and stare at his Venom gauge. His Venom Gauge is a clear indicator of what hes going to do. When he goes level 3 be prepared to either parry or back jump 2 full combo a running charge. You should always be blocking low as his overhead double punch isn't going to do a ton of damage especially compared to his low starter. Try to avoid the corner at all costs.
How I play this MU:

When he has venom, lay back and play a little ranged.

When venom is on cool down, bust out bat trait and go all Power Ranger on his ass (rush down with crazy jumping involved).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Good stuff. Based on your comments my issue is that I wasn't always blocking low (due to me not being familiar with the character's special moves or combo strings). I would also get stuck in the corner (push block will only help so much...) and then try to wake up with slide. I'll also need to work on the timing of avoiding Bane's running charge.

I'll give it a shot the next time I run across Bane. The matches are so few and far between but after this recent encounter I thought I need to properly prepared. You know as a Bats main using prep time and all :D.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Batman is IMO one of Banes hardest MU's so you shouldn't have too much of a problem, especially if you learn the MU. I despise facing Batmans. Your J2 is Godly and you're very fast in general compared to him. Jumping Bats are super annoying, they get me quite salty. Batmans that try to stay grouned and turtle against him may be asking for trouble. Sounds like you where being predictable and he got your number or you didn't know how his combos started.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Batman is IMO one of Banes hardest MU's so you shouldn't have too much of a problem, especially if you learn the MU. I despise facing Batmans. Your J2 is Godly and you're very fast in general compared to him. Jumping Bats are super annoying, they get me quite salty. Batmans that try to stay grouned and turtle against him may be asking for trouble. Sounds like you where being predictable and he got your number or you didn't know how his combos started.
Agreed. I'm always critical (Not salty or raging :D but just wondering what I could have done differently) of my play whenever I lose a match. I was definitely being predictable but I take ownership of getting bodied because I didn't take the time to educate myself on the matchup. I should be good to go for the next round. Thanks for the help everyone!

I can't disagree but on the flip side we can also take advantage when hes expecting parry, it works both ways. Also we can just full combo him without a neutral jump with 123 or 113 if he tries to loop after ice breathe. I have gotten caught with a few f23 while neutral jumping so its a just frame kind of thing.
The range and speed of f23 gives the Superman player the possibility to wait for your reaction; If he loops mindlessly yes, you can read him, and parry or 123/113... but those two options are HUGE risk: A baited parry is 30 - 60% of your lifebar gone, depending on the screen position and/or bar usage, and you have like 2 frames to get the 123/113, so you have to input it inmediately after Superman`s breath. You can also jump back 2 and try to catch him, but that option can also be baited. That is why Batman MUST have bat trait active when fighting Superman close range.
What I am trying to say is, no matter how you look at it, Supes not only has more options after f23 > breath, but they are also better than the ones Batman has. AND he wins the zoning battle... Superman 6/4 in my book.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
So...is it me or is Batman - Scorpion MU 6-4 in Bat's favor? Maybe I'm just going against bad Scorps but I can just full screen zone with the batarangs and hold down with trait when they tele and either punish them then or wait for them to try to hellfire and jump and punish with that MUTHAFUCKIN J2 into combo!!...maybe I just play bad ones

Touché sir. Seems like a match up where knowing your opponents tendencies will play a big role. (I probably just want it to be 6-4 because I'm still salty about my 1-2 loss at northwest majors...haha) why don't they ever show the top 9???!!!!! :(

blues686

Black lantern
Thats why its good to have a pocket superman vs the other top tiers.. The rest of the cast is free to bruce lol

RapZiLLa54

Also need to change the matchup vs Lex. Revolver showed me its definitely not free 7-3 like initially thought. Still in his favor I'd say 6-4 but god help you if you get sent back full screen.

So...is it me or is Batman - Scorpion MU 6-4 in Bat's favor? Maybe I'm just going against bad Scorps but I can just full screen zone with the batarangs and hold down with trait when they tele and either punish them then or wait for them to try to hellfire and jump and punish with that MUTHAFUCKIN J2 into combo!!...maybe I just play bad ones
Nope. Have you played a good scorpion? Where he jump 3's you all day. that hitbox is huge.

The range and speed of f23 gives the Superman player the possibility to wait for your reaction; If he loops mindlessly yes, you can read him, and parry or 123/113... but those two options are HUGE risk: A baited parry is 30 - 60% of your lifebar gone, depending on the screen position and/or bar usage, and you have like 2 frames to get the 123/113, so you have to input it inmediately after Superman`s breath. You can also jump back 2 and try to catch him, but that option can also be baited. That is why Batman MUST have bat trait active when fighting Superman close range.
What I am trying to say is, no matter how you look at it, Supes not only has more options after f23 > breath, but they are also better than the ones Batman has. AND he wins the zoning battle... Superman 6/4 in my book.
I also need help on this matchup. Supermans that i vs will walk back or even dash back so i cant get a ji2 after a laser enhanced the block stun will keep me back and then he will be full screen again. I'll use my bats but he'll jump dash forward and there's my bats gone.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
well you went off topic first. anyways scorpion vs batman
Block high lol you can low block for days with Bman vs Scorpion except his j3 and hellfire...and you can block high when he jumps and punish his hellfire with ji2. At least the ones I played, probably nobody good but a couple had good records...I remember a 600/100 guy with Scorpion...he rage quit cuz I still had half white bar and he was about done

Block high lol you can low block for days with Bman vs Scorpion except his j3 and hellfire...and you can block high when he jumps and punish his hellfire with ji2. At least the ones I played, probably nobody good but a couple had good records...I remember a 600/100 guy with Scorpion...he rage quit cuz I still had half white bar and he was about done
block high? he teles?