What's new

"You're No Warrior!"- Hawkgirl General Discussion (1.06 and onward)

F4tal

Noob
Sick games @kaseyk tomorrow before I go to GGA we should play again just have to go eat with family then staying at my girlfriends for tonight :p You using WE3 to punish me from doing a d1 MC after a blocked one was sick.

kaseyk

Noob
Sick games @kaseyk tomorrow before I go to GGA we should play again just have to go eat with family then staying at my girlfriends for tonight :p You using WE3 to punish me from doing a d1 MC after a blocked one was sick.
my timing was off i was trying to we2 punish the we3 but it wasnt coming out :p look forward to more matches with u bud

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
@TurboTaco Here's the video I mentioned/promised with tons of anti-Martian Manhunter tech.

If you're willing to listen to over ten minutes of monologue and explanations there's some really good tech to be seen.

Pretty much all the tech is centered around exploiting the invincibility of wing evade on zoning, teleports, wake ups, and strings and normals cancelled into specials.

@AK Trepound380 @TrulyAmiracle @HellblazerHawkman @kaseyk @GGA pimpimjim @Dr Morganstien @Tiger Wong @Vak Phoenix @TheSpore @Cabronium

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
@Espio Damn good shit dude. Gonna have to sit down with the pen and paper and take notes!
Glad to help and apologies for the delay. I just wanted to compile as much relevant tech as possible plus being gone traveling in tourney.

If people are liking this content I can make more tech videos showcasing options she can blow up from other cast members. I'm in lab monster mode since I don't have any upcoming majors or regional events till November.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
@TurboTaco Here's the video I mentioned/promised with tons of anti-Martian Manhunter tech.

If you're willing to listen to over ten minutes of monologue and explanations there's some really good tech to be seen.

Pretty much all the tech is centered around exploiting the invincibility of wing evade on zoning, teleports, wake ups, and strings and normals cancelled into specials.

@AK Trepound380 @TrulyAmiracle @HellblazerHawkman @kaseyk @GGA pimpimjim @Dr Morganstien @Tiger Wong @Vak Phoenix
Glad someone got around to doing this. I'll definitely scope the whole thing out when I get a moment, good shit dude!

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion

@AK Trepound380 @TrulyAmiracle @HellblazerHawkman @kaseyk @GGA pimpimjim @Dr Morganstien @Tiger Wong @Vak Phoenix

That's interesting. For a Hawkgirl to wing evade through 22 or b233 MB orb it's a complete read right?

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Hi guys (Again lol this time is for real I swear!), been a looong while and I decided to get Injustice on PC since steam sales happened for christmas. How are you all doing?
I sadly don't have my arcade stick with me so I'll have to play with keyboard/gamepad for a while and was wondering how Hawkgirl had evolved after all that time? I mean if she did, or is it still same old type of game and frustrating matchups against sinestro? :p
My steam id is Boodendorf if anyone's wondering and wanna try out a few matches once I get the game downloaded!

Last edited:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Hi guys (Again lol this time is for real I swear!), been a looong while and I decided to get Injustice on PC since steam sales happened for christmas. How are you all doing?
I sadly don't have my arcade stick with me so I'll have to play with keyboard/gamepad for a while and was wondering how Hawkgirl had evolved after all that time? I mean if she did, or is it still same old type of game and frustrating matchups against sinestro? :p
My steam id is Boodendorf if anyone's wondering and wanna try out a few matches once I get the game downloaded!
Omg...where did you go???? You were my fav. Hawkgirl!!! Please post your matches and tag me ;) ;)

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Hi Runway, been a while!
I think I stopped playing after losing a small offline tournament because I felt like I wouldn't play good anymore after that loss, I ended up playing JJBA ASB tons after that.
Doubt I'll be as good as I was in my "glorious" days, especially without an arcade stick but damn, I missed this game.

Also I don't have my ps3 so I can't record games (unless I get a recording tool for my comp).

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator

Hello, I am well yourself? At present, I am preparing to use Hawkgirl at KIT this weekend! I still have my Martian, but for most match ups I am fairly certain she doesn't need one as she can get the job done just fine.

Trepound got top eight with her recently and PPJ got top eight at EVO in July so she has remained active in the tournament scene. I was at UFGT, but didn't do as well as I would have liked, but not bad either. The other good sign is PPJ, Tre, myself and other Hawkgirls all have their own unique styles of play and they all seem to work well for all of us for different reasons so I'd say that's a good sign that she has evolved in a positive way in my opinion.

I think her pressure system is really interesting now as opposed to in the past. When I return from KIT, I will be uploading a vid of some new pressure and viable shenanigans I've come up with recently :).

If you'd like to catch up on some relatively up to date meta stuff my extended guide thread has a lot of cool, legit ideas and options to help speed getting back into things along.

I don't have steam unfortunately. I play on Ps3 and recently got a PS4 to play on now though. I am always pleased to have old faces floating around here. If you have any questions, please let me know!

As for Sinestro, I think she loses still, but opinions seem to vary depending on who you ask. I wrote an opinion on what I think of it in the aforementioned thread.

Last edited:

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Thanks for the infos Espio! That's a pretty amazing guide you wrote there.

Today I finally got my gamepad back so I tried to play injustice on my pc and aside from online being emptier than the cookie jar I just finished, man what a pain it is to play with an xbox pad.

I tried to get that "new" (at least for me) MC MB loop in the corner, if I understood right I need to press trait once she hits with the MB part and go up, then 1 MC MB and loop it another time right?

Well not like I can really hope much with just a pad but still better than nothing.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Yo guys,

Haven't posted on this forum in forever, but now that MK X is approaching, time to get back in. I just wanted to say a quick hi to all my fellow HG players I haven't spoken with in a very long time. I also wonder, what character are we jumping on for MK X? lol

Been a while, how's it going? With Injustice wrapping up I'll probably be making a final thread on my thoughts on Hawkgirl in the coming week(s)/days.

I'm most likely going all in on Cassie and Goro, but I plan on dabbling with everyone especially Sub-Zero, Jacqui, and Mileena. Yourself?

Last edited: