3. Pitch Black
4. 300
5. Mall Rats
6. The Dark Knight
7. Inception
8. Pulp Fiction
9. Clerks 2
10. Freddy vs Jason
Pitch black, man i need to watch that movie again, that was such a great movie. I really like those genres.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Aliens (my uncle took me to this shit in the theater opening at midnight, actually had nightmares for a while about it)
Friday the 13th part 3 (first R-rated horror movie I saw in the theater on opening weekend, i was young lol. probably messed me up)
My Blue Heaven. (no idea why I like this)
Stars Wars 4 & 5 & 1
Indiana Jones 1 & 2
Batman Returns (was a good week when this came out, the movie kinda sucks)
Heathers (I wanna be this dude)
Transformers (2007) (my prime childhood was watching the cartoons every weekend & reruns afterschool)
Crank / Crank 2 (just awesome lol)
Requiem for a Dream (typical jr year weekend)

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Good choice. Most underappreciated horror movie IMO.

To be fair, I don't hate Tarantino. I just hate those movies in particular. I love Django, Reservoir Dogs, and even Death Proof.

The third one is out on DVD and Xbox marketplace if you haven't seen it yet. Can't compare to the first though.

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
10. Kung Fu Dunk - Cheezy but ultimately awesome because I really love martial arts and basketball, and it had a good plot, good storytelling, and great scenes in both action and basketball.
9. Kung Pow: Enter the Fist - Ridiculous over-the-top humor, a martial art parody that's just fantastic the entire way through.
8. Gone in 60 Seconds - A Nicolas Cage film that I think is freaking awesome, but most people probably never heard of it. I know alot of people hate Nicolas Cgae (I don't know why tho), but's a great movie none-the-less.
7. John Dies at the End - Had I known that something this wonderful had been in comic book form and was 3 times longer, I would've got it in a heartbeat, but I can deal with the hysterically surreal movie version considering that I just watched it last week on netflix and it made it on my list.
6. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - Games, comics, and movies are 3 forms of media I adore, and this move combines all of them, and while it doesn't do the comic total justice, it does well. I've also seen it about 20+ time, but that is both not by choice and a story for another time.
5. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - Anime is another favorite media of mine, and this movie made a great end to one of my favorite anime series, and the ending was enough mindfuck to nullify Bioshock Infinites ending completely (Which I still have a problem with, but that's for another thread)
4. Redline - Like I said, I love anime. So besides the great art style, there lies a fantastic plot with a great setting, wonderful characters, and sick as hell racing scenes that shock and awe. And Pompadour's everywhere.
3. The Forbidden Kingdom - Jackie Chan & Jet Li in an amazing martial arts adventure that trancends history. It sounds awesome, and is an even better watch, 2 thumbs up.
2. The Protector - A brutal movie of a few words, this awesome martial arts flick is a stunning jem in a rough sea of choragraphy
1. Equilibrium - Never, in my whole life have I looked at a movie as a piece of art...until I saw this. It made me cringe, it made me tear up, it made me cheer. This glorious 2001 film is a masterpiece that I will never live down. + Gun kata is freaking awesome :D

Honorable mentions: Both Ghost Riders, Both Hulk movies, Zombieland, Step Brothers, 21 & Over, Now you see me (<- Big recommendation), Being John Malcovich, Die Hard 2, Lethal Weapon series, Happy Feet, You Don't Mess With the Zohan, the Dictator, That's My Boy, The Collector (2009) and it's sequel The Collection.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Also... I really like the new Transformers movies (and I'm a big 80's cartoon fan).

I don't get what the big deal is with the remakes...

But, I like Shia LaBeouf which makes me love the Indy 4 movie lol (aliens rock)

Does that make me a bad person? ^_^

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Aliens (my uncle took me to this shit in the theater opening at midnight, actually had nightmares for a while about it)
Friday the 13th part 3 (first R-rated horror movie I saw in the theater on opening weekend, i was young lol. probably messed me up)
My Blue Heaven. (no idea why I like this)
Stars Wars 4 & 5 & 1
Indiana Jones 1 & 2
Batman Returns (was a good week when this came out, the movie kinda sucks)
Heathers (I wanna be this dude)
Transformers (2007) (my prime childhood was watching the cartoons every weekend & reruns afterschool)
Crank / Crank 2 (just awesome lol)
Requiem for a Dream (typical jr year weekend)
Aliens is the shit. Never gets old.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
[quote="Konqrr,
... I like Shia LaBeouf which makes me love the Indy 4 movie lol (aliens rock)
Does that make me a bad person? ^_^[/quote]

It absolutely does; kinda makes my stomach hurt that you say that, but its negated by the fact that you know Killer Frost is fine

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
In no particular order.

Jurassic Park
The Goonies
The Dark Knight
X-men First Class
Princess Mononoke
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Sweeney Todd
Pan's Labyrinth
Silver Linings Playbook
The Amazing Spiderman

Silence of the Lambs, 500 Days of Summer, Inception, Man of Steel, LOTR trilogy, Underworld trilogy and the Star Wars saga all get honorable mentions. I need to rewatch V for Vendetta as well, I recall really liking it. I may have missed a couple of my favourites too. I haven't compiled a list in several years.

So many people love Tarantino movies. I disliked every one I have ever seen.

Real talk? Cloverfield is fucking awesome. Especially if you got all wrapped up in the viral marketing they did for the movie like I did. Also as a huge fan of LOST, I had a lot of fun linking the two in my head after you see a DHARMA logo attached to some of the 'found footage'.

And I didn't feel like the monster was a letdown at all like a lot of people seemed to, and some of those shots were epic as fuuuuuuuck.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Real talk? Cloverfield is fucking awesome. Especially if you got all wrapped up in the viral marketing they did for the movie like I did. Also as a huge fan of LOST, I had a lot of fun linking the two in my head after you see a DHARMA logo attached to some of the 'found footage'.

And I didn't feel like the monster was a letdown at all like a lot of people seemed to, and some of those shots were epic as fuuuuuuuck.
I loved it up to the point where they showed the big monster. The way they dealt with is just like "well there it is, this is what you've all been waiting for... ok lets move on". The monster was unoriginal and played such a small part in it I was really disappointed. If they dealt better with the monster it would probably be up there for me but right now it was a huge letdown. I must admit though, the marketing for it seemed pretty awesome.

AK Juggs colt JaredL Forever Free ColdBoreMK23 TimTim
Awesome lists, love the picks.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
No particular order:

Lost In Translation - I think this film is perfect.
Aliens - The Alien saga is just mindblowing and this is the best of them all. I know every line of script in order :/
Drive - Slick and perfect casting all over.
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind - Too many feels.
Hero - Visually mindblowing, best watched whilst baked.
Jurassic Park - Groundbreaking, epic, untouchable.
Infernal Affairs - WAYYYY better than The Departed.
In The Mood For Love - Really stylish HK movie and Tony Leung's best work.
Half Nelson - Really cool low budget indie flick.
The Truman Show - Way ahead of its time.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
In no particular order.

Memento (Epic movie that everyone should see)
Hard Boiled (My introduction to Chow Yun Fat)
Prodigal Son (My favourite kung fu movie of all time)
Akira (My intro to Anime)
Full Metal Jacket (Just... awesome)
Old Boy (Disturbingly brilliant)
Drive (Ryan Gosling is just too cool in this movie. No homo)
Shawshank Redemption (Obvious one)
The Usual Suspects (Kevin Spacey. That is all)
Aliens (Still so good after all these years)

No real order:
-Snatch
-Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
-Aliens
-The Raid: Redemption (One of the hypest action movies I have ever seen.)
-Enter The Dragon
-Grandma's Boy
-Scott Pilgrim Vs The World
-Clerks 2 (I'm amazed how many people like this movie haha.)
-The Die Hard Series
-American Psycho

I love movies. I try to watch a new one almost every other day. Some honorable mentions would be Pan's Labyrinth, Equilibrium, V for Vendetta, In Bruges and Oldboy.

virtiqaL

Noob
1. Fight Club
2. Pulp Fiction
3. The Departed
4. Memento
5. Collateral
6. The Shawshank Redemption
7. Training Day
8. 300
9. The Dark Knight
10. The Crow

Sasuga

Noob
Still need to watch that one.

My favorite movies of all time:

1: Ghost in the Shell
2: Fight Club

Further, in no particular order : 300, 12 Monkeys, Fear and loathing in Las Vegas, Survive Style 5+, Akira, Ninja Scroll, Dororo. Django too was pretty good. Seven Samurai was awesome. Favorite horror is still Hellraiser II.

[edit]
And how could I forget Lord of the Rings. If only Game of thrones counted as movie!

[edit2]
American Psycho!

[edit3]
Gladiator, definitely.

Equilibrium was good too, but not in a 'movie' kind of way. I liked it more for the scenario than for the story. Same as with The Matrix.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
10. Kung Fu Dunk - Cheezy but ultimately awesome because I really love martial arts and basketball, and it had a good plot, good storytelling, and great scenes in both action and basketball.
9. Kung Pow: Enter the Fist - Ridiculous over-the-top humor, a martial art parody that's just fantastic the entire way through.
8. Gone in 60 Seconds - A Nicolas Cage film that I think is freaking awesome, but most people probably never heard of it. I know alot of people hate Nicolas Cgae (I don't know why tho), but's a great movie none-the-less.
7. John Dies at the End - Had I known that something this wonderful had been in comic book form and was 3 times longer, I would've got it in a heartbeat, but I can deal with the hysterically surreal movie version considering that I just watched it last week on netflix and it made it on my list.
6. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - Games, comics, and movies are 3 forms of media I adore, and this move combines all of them, and while it doesn't do the comic total justice, it does well. I've also seen it about 20+ time, but that is both not by choice and a story for another time.
5. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - Anime is another favorite media of mine, and this movie made a great end to one of my favorite anime series, and the ending was enough mindfuck to nullify Bioshock Infinites ending completely (Which I still have a problem with, but that's for another thread)
4. Redline - Like I said, I love anime. So besides the great art style, there lies a fantastic plot with a great setting, wonderful characters, and sick as hell racing scenes that shock and awe. And Pompadour's everywhere.
3. The Forbidden Kingdom - Jackie Chan & Jet Li in an amazing martial arts adventure that trancends history. It sounds awesome, and is an even better watch, 2 thumbs up.
2. The Protector - A brutal movie of a few words, this awesome martial arts flick is a stunning jem in a rough sea of choragraphy
1. Equilibrium - Never, in my whole life have I looked at a movie as a piece of art...until I saw this. It made me cringe, it made me tear up, it made me cheer. This glorious 2001 film is a masterpiece that I will never live down. + Gun kata is freaking awesome :D

Honorable mentions: Both Ghost Riders, Both Hulk movies, Zombieland, Step Brothers, 21 & Over, Now you see me (<- Big recommendation), Being John Malcovich, Die Hard 2, Lethal Weapon series, Happy Feet, You Don't Mess With the Zohan, the Dictator, That's My Boy, The Collector (2009) and it's sequel The Collection.
forbidden kingdom is one of my favourites , its just the right blend of chinese folklore , fantasy action and story ive watched it a few times now :)