Your top 10 and bottom 10

OfficialYungmonster

Run and Tell ya mama bout that
Top 10:

1: Raiden obviously
2: Mileena
3: Johnny Cage
4: Takeda
5-10: D'vorah, Kano, Shinnok, Kung Jin, Jax, Sonya, Alien, Liu Kang, Kotal Kahn, Ferra/Torr, Leatherface. All of these characters are really good and deserve a mention in a top tier list for having at least 1 really good variation.

Bottom 10:

1: Raiden obviously
2: Unbreakable
3: Balanced
4: Fisticuffs
5: High-Tech
6: Cyber Scrub Zero
7-10: Hat Trick (?), Slasher (?), Brood Mother (?), Metallic (?). The last 4 characters are still decent enough (fuck you Wang :DOGE) so calling them bottom tier sounds a bit wrong to me.
High Tech?

OfficialYungmonster

Run and Tell ya mama bout that
I've been trying to get a good idea of a more up to date tier list (since eventhubs is total garbage).
So let's hear it, what's you're top ten and bottom ten variations?
Top 10 (In Order)
1.Takeda (Lasher, Shiryu)
2.Kano (Cutthroat)
3.D'Vorah (Swarm Queen)
4.Mileena (Piercing)
5.Jacqui (High Tech, Shotgun, Full Auto)
6.Liu Kang (Flame Fist, Dragon Fire)
7.Ermac (Master of Souls)
8.Alien (Acidic)
9.Johnny Cage (A-List)
10. Tanya (Dragon Naginata)

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Top 10 (no order):

1) A-List / SD Cage
2) Ronin / SR Takeda
3) Demo Sonya
4) Cutthroat Kano
5) Acidic / Tarkatan Alien
6) Piercing Mileena
7) Wrestler Jax
8) GM Sub-Zero
9) Nimble Reptile (maybe Spectral Ermac)
10) Hellfire / Ninjutsu Scorpion

Bottom 10 (no order):

1) Unbreakable Sub-Zero
2) MoS Raiden
3) Bartitsu BRC
4) Dualist Liu Kang
5) Hat Trick KL
6) Ancestral Kung Jin
7) Fisticuffs Cage
8) Slasher Jason
9) Tigrar Fury Goro
10) Dragon Naginata Tanya

EDIT: fuck it..... replace Hellfire / ninjutsu with SQ D'vorah

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Top 10 no order

• Alist
  • Liu Kang
  • Alien
  • Sonya
  • D'Vorah
  • Mileena
  • Jax
  • Reptile
  • Kano
  • Tekada
Honorable mentions: Ermac, Sub Zero, Scorpion, Cassie, Kotal Sun God/War God

Bottom 10 No Order

keep in mind my Bottom 10 are all viable and may even be strong. i don't think any character is not tournament viable

• Cyrax (still strong but struggles in many matchups)
  • Cyber Sub Zero (struggles in midscreen)
  • MOS Raiden
  • Hat Trick Kung Lao (everything wiffs)
  • Tigrar Fury Goro
  • Balanced Kenshi (very viable, but does have some struggles and lower than average frames)
  • Brood Mother
  • Slasher
  • High Tech
  • Unbreakable
(they are all viable in tournaments and still hold a threat) i believe there is no true Bottom just weaker than the rest of cast in some form or use.

@PrimBloodGhost
@Aqueous_Echo

Last edited:
nope, you're wrong.. he has a low that combos and an OH that kocks you down, but no HTBs lol
Ah ok thanks. I think my terminology is off then. I thought he had a mixup that had both low and overhead but I was wrong then. So if he has a low that combos then blocking against him you have to mainly block low or look for the low right? Also to get my lingo straight is for example sonyas b14 a HTB?

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
What a fucking range lol, I'll take a crack at it:

Top 10 in no order:

Imposter Shinnok
Swarm Queen D'vorah
Wrestler Jax
A-List Cage
Piercing Mileena
Acidic Alien
Cutthroat Kano (yeah I said it)
Demo Sonya
Shirai Ryu Takeda
Shaolin Kung Jin

Bottom 10 in no order:

Slasher Jason
Dualist Liu Kang
Unbreakable Sub
Warrior Predator
Fisticuffs Johnny
Hat Trick Lao
Pyromancer Tanya
Balanced Kenshi
Master of Storms Raiden

if putting two variations of Tanya on there is a cop out I'll say Inferno Scorpion

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Top 10

Piercing, Acidic, A-List, Cutthroat, Shirai Ryu, Wrestler, Swarm Queen, Shaolin, Imposter, Demo

Bottom 10

Balanced, CSZ, Slasher, Warrior, Ancestral, Hat Trick, Unbreakable. I guess Master of Storms, Metallic, and Commando Kano, I guess....but any of these variations can be good lol most the fact that some of these variations don't work properly.

Luke KB

Noob
Wow guys, thanks again for all the input. I didn't realize that there would be so much diversity, I guess nrs has done a pretty good job at balancing.
I'm surprised I don't see more Liu Kang FF in the top ten. That chip damage is stupid!

Luke KB

Noob
Top 10

Piercing, Acidic, A-List, Cutthroat, Shirai Ryu, Wrestler, Swarm Queen, Shaolin, Imposter, Demo

Bottom 10

Balanced, CSZ, Slasher, Warrior, Ancestral, Hat Trick, Unbreakable. I guess Master of Storms, Metallic, and Commando Kano, I guess....but any of these variations can be good lol most the fact that some of these variations don't work properly.
Why is everyone putting metallic in the bottom ten? He might be my best character. Insane mix ups and tons of unbreakable combos and great meterless damage. Am I missing something about this variation?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Why is everyone putting metallic in the bottom ten? He might be my best character. Insane mix ups and tons of unbreakable combos and great meterless damage. Am I missing something about this variation?
No mids, slow pokes, he doesn't have crystal's ex launcher or flex. Idk about bottom ten but he's totally outclassed.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
No particular order
Top: A-List Cage, Swarm D'Vorah, SR Takeda, Piercing Mileena, Wrestler Jax, Acidic Alien, Imposter Shinnok, Demo Sonya, Cutthroat Kano
You could argue for Stunt Double Cage, Grandmaster SZ, Spectral Ermac, DF Kang, Shaolin KJ, Deceptve Rep, Quan Chi. All of those are top ten material in my eyes.
Bottom: Balanced Kenshi, DN and Pyro Tanya, and CSZ. That's it.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Basically in the last patch they decided to make tremor very, very bad as a base character with the nerf to up rock and everything else. Crystalline is still good because he relied much less on up rock but the other two were left as complete ass with no buffs to make up for it. And they weren't even the ones people had problems with. #nrsbalancestrategies

I know so little about Dualist that after watching that video I'm really surprised that the orb hits overhead lol.
It looks weird because of the timing of the explosion, but actually the orbs are hitting low while 113 hits overhead :p

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Morgan already named the issues with the character, but that's the hard part about placing tiers in this game, no one can agree on an actual top list and every other variation seems to deserve a spot. The bottom spots are reserved for the variations that are gimmicky and don't perform correctly or for the variations where other characters can do what they do, but better. This doesn't mean you won't see someone play incredibly well with a bottom character.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Basically in the last patch they decided to make tremor very, very bad as a base character with the nerf to up rock and everything else. Crystalline is still good because he relied much less on up rock but the other two were left as complete ass with no buffs to make up for it. And they weren't even the ones people had problems with. #nrsbalancestrategies

It looks weird because of the timing of the explosion, but actually the orbs are hitting low while 113 hits overhead :p
I meant to type low, but for some reason I typed overhead. Brain fart I guess lmao