What's new

Your top 10 and bottom 10

Luke KB

Noob
No mids, slow pokes, he doesn't have crystal's ex launcher or flex. Idk about bottom ten but he's totally outclassed.
I just don't know if I agree with that. He has great zoning options/mix ups, and switch over to lava and you get a reset and a meterless low launcher projectile.
I'm not saying my tremor is great, but I definitely think i can prove that he isn't outclassed. I beat people using crystalline with metallic all the time.
Basically in the last patch they decided to make tremor very, very bad as a base character with the nerf to up rock and everything else. Crystalline is still good because he relied much less on up rock but the other two were left as complete ass with no buffs to make up for it.
I agree that the nerf for up rock and rock drop were totally stupid, but he got some buffs in previous patches that are nice.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I just don't know if I agree with that. He has great zoning options/mix ups, and switch over to lava and you get a reset and a meterless low launcher projectile.
I'm not saying my tremor is great, but I definitely think i can prove that he isn't outclassed. I beat people using crystalline with metallic all the time.

I agree that the nerf for up rock and rock drop were totally stupid, but he got some buffs in previous patches that are nice.
Tier placing should not include the skill of a Player. You could very well consistenly beat beat people with a low tier character but it doesn't change the fact that the character is (on Paper) worse than others. Same with MU numbers

Luke KB

Noob
Tier placing should not include the skill of a Player. You could very well consistenly beat beat people with a low tier character but it doesn't change the fact that the character is (on Paper) worse than others. Same with MU numbers
Point taken.
I guess on paper there's no reason to pick him over crystalline and aftershock. But for some reason he's the variation I play best with.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Point taken.
I guess on paper there's no reason to pick him over crystalline and aftershock. But for some reason he's the variation I play best with.
May be because you're more comfortable with that variation and playstyle. I can play better with spec ops cassie than with hollywood or brawler even though it's not the best variation.
Also even with a low tier variation you can do good work. Imo there is no true bad Variation in this game. There are a few gimmicky ones but it's Not like there is s character who looses every MU 0-10

Luke KB

Noob
May be because you're more comfortable with that variation and playstyle. I can play better with spec ops cassie than with hollywood or brawler even though it's not the best variation.
Also even with a low tier variation you can do good work. Imo there is no true bad Variation in this game. There are a few gimmicky ones but it's Not like there is s character who looses every MU 0-10
You'really definitely right. I prefer characters who can end a combo with a reset/stand-up. It feels good when you can connect one combo directly after finishing a previous combo. Putting on that kind of pressure is awesome.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Stop putting slasher in bottom 10. That character as a whole is more than great now. And no I'm not joking. Slasher is the most underrated variation in the game imo.
Do you know any high level slasher players? I still haven't found any except one guy on player match who left after two games and didn't reply to my PM :(

The concept of kang still exists. The only true change is more meter usage (in both aspects). I would put him top 10 to balance out the downplaying...but i personally see up to top 7, maybe 6.

The cancels are harder but they're still there so its just more time in the damn lab...NRS dansgame!!!

I just don't know if I agree with that. He has great zoning opti
Not sure about Commando being bottom 10. There hasn't been much rant from the Kano community as of late so Commando must be doing pretty alright post-buffs. And the buffs were quite sexy indeed.
Commando didn't receive anything all that great besides a new Forward punch, forward punch combo (22).

Top 10:

1. HQT Predator
2. Tempest Kung Lao (he's still awesome either way regardless of the nerfs.)
3. Acidic Alien
4. Shaolin/Bojutsu Kung Jin
5. Dragon Fist/ Flame Fist Liu Kang
6. Killer Leatherface
7. Hollywood Cassie
8. Shotgun Jacqui
9. Cyrax Triborg
10. Wrestler Jax

Bottom 10:
1. Dualist Liu Kang
2. Assassin Kitana
3. Master of Storms/Displacer Raiden (Though, Displacer might be mid tier)
4. Noxious Reptile
5. Lackey/Vicious Ferra/Torr
6. Ravenous Mileena
7. High Tech Jacqui
8. Necromancer Shinnok
9. Commando Kano
10. Unstoppable/Slasher Jason

Last edited:
Does anybody focus on strategy & leveling up anymore? I'd bet any top play would body more than half of us with the so called "bottom 5".
Doesn't matter if a top player uses a bottom 5 character or mid tier character. That character is STILL garbage due to the tools and movesets it lacks in comparison to the other characters who are arguably, better. Same goes for SonicFox using Jason against Saltface. Jason received tremendous buffs yet Unstoppable is still not the very best variation and as a whole, Jason still suffers from a lot of things. SonicFox put on a A++ performance with him but the story remains the same... Jason isn't such a good character.

Goat-City

Banned
Summoner and Sorcerer Quan are tied around the top 8-12 range. Characters I'm pretty sure are better than Quan would be Mileena, Johnny, Takeda, SQ Dvorah, Jax and Sonya. Then there are others who might be better than Quan like Alien, Ferra Tor, Shinnok, DF Liu Kang, and Leatherface but I don't know much about them, just judging by what I've read about them. Tempest Lao is probably in the same range as Quan, Grandmaster Sub is right around top 15, Cryomancer is bottom 10, Unbreakable is bottom 3, Warlock is about top 12-15, and that's about all I know.

Doesn't matter if a top player uses a bottom 5 character or mid tier character. That character is STILL garbage due to the tools and movesets it lacks in comparison to the other characters who are arguably, better. Same goes for SonicFox using Jason against Saltface. Jason received tremendous buffs yet Unstoppable is still not the very best variation and as a whole, Jason still suffers from a lot of things. SonicFox put on a A++ performance with him but the story remains the same... Jason isn't such a good character.
You said all of that to miss the point. Which is the fact that these bottom whatever threads are pointless. Half you dudes don't even compete anyway why does it matter? Lol

You said all of that to miss the point. Which is the fact that these bottom whatever threads are pointless. Half you dudes don't even compete anyway why does it matter? Lol
And you act as if in order to get a point across, I have to actually compete in tournaments in order to do so. Tournament players don't deserve an extra hint of respect just because they go to tournaments. While it is appreciative that they do so, it isn't the end all to be all. Stop using that as an excuse for understanding one's point. And fact you had to say that just to discredit my point, just affirms what I've been saying for quite some time now.

And you act as if in order to get a point across, I have to actually compete in tournaments in order to do so. Tournament players don't deserve an extra hint of respect just because they go to tournaments. While it is appreciative that they do so, it isn't the end all to be all. Stop using that as an excuse for understanding one's point. And fact you had to say that just to discredit my point, just affirms what I've been saying for quite some time now.
That's exactly the point though. Why in the hell would it matter if your character is bottom 5 if you're an online warrior/casual player?

However, in tournament play it's the exact opposite because those guys are competing for BIG money. It's not by any means an excuse.

These threads are fucking stupid & pointless just like I said. This is like the 10th thread on the exact subject this week lol.

Those buffs were mostly his specials being faster, but he took a huge nerf for that with mid 2 being made a high.

I am glad that Tremor mains do not abandon their character even after NRS took a huge dump on him. I'd never drop him, just out of spite to NRS' way of butchering characters.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Serious question: Is Paulo the only guy in charge of the balance of the game? I mean, his decisions determine how the game is, or there are some additional nrs members that have a say about balancing?

I mean, it would be logic that the game is as unbalanced as it is now, if it was all one man vision.
A group can always reach more reasonable choices.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Top 10 no order

• Alist
  • Liu Kang
  • Alien
  • Sonya
  • D'Vorah
  • Mileena
  • Jax
  • Reptile
  • Kano
  • Tekada
Honorable mentions: Ermac, Sub Zero, Scorpion, Cassie, Kotal Sun God/War God

Bottom 10 No Order

keep in mind my Bottom 10 are all viable and may even be strong. i don't think any character is not tournament viable

• Cyrax (still strong but struggles in many matchups)
  • Cyber Sub Zero (struggles in midscreen)
  • MOS Raiden
  • Hat Trick Kung Lao (everything wiffs)
  • Tigrar Fury Goro
  • Balanced Kenshi (very viable, but does have some struggles and lower than average frames)
  • Brood Mother
  • Slasher
  • High Tech
  • Unbreakable
(they are all viable in tournaments and still hold a threat) i believe there is no true Bottom just weaker than the rest of cast in some form or use.

@PrimBloodGhost
@Aqueous_Echo
Cyber sub zero struggles everywhere. Oh, i forgot. He's not in the game anymore.