What's new

Discussion Your Tier List of Characters Who Body You.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hey all! I'm up a bit late and I got thinking of characters that I just HATE playing against and in turn can do really well against me like Mileena and Slasher Jason (I hate disjointed hitboxes and these two are some of the biggest culprits with their stagger strings) so I was wondering, what characters do a lot better against you simply because you hate playing against them/you have a hard time dealing with their toolset. Love to know what you guys have to say!

CrazyFingers

When i'm playing Alien.

S: Flamefist

A: Jax, Sonya

B: Everyone else
I've heard Flame Fist is preeeeeety annoying for alien...weird that of all the things he has troubles with it's jumping out of windmill punch pressure...so specific. Wait that is the problem right? I'm not crazy?

Tweedy

Noob
I've heard Flame Fist is preeeeeety annoying for alien...weird that of all the things he has troubles with it's jumping out of windmill punch pressure...so specific. Wait that is the problem right? I'm not crazy?
Alien's best option to get out of WP is pounce everything or block low fireball.

You'll either land pounce or trade and get out, depending on what he does.

Every other character, for the most part, can just jump out and get 35%-40%, if he does an array of things.

If you try to punish him on certain things and don't pounce, the risk/reward is in Liu's favor, which is not how it's supposed to be. FF is balanced by being at extreme risk after wp, since you're blocking him, he's building hella meter and doing lots of chip. If he's not at risk then he's the best character in the game, and that's basically the case vs our lord and savior Alien.

CrazyFingers

OH! I forgot to add Alien. Not tarkatan tho, I can handle tarkatan. It's Acidic's freaking space control. I play leatherface, so a lot of the time *I* control the space, it's one of the thing Leatherface is one of the best at. HOWEVER! When you get Acidic and his fucking B3, D4, DB2, Tail Flip, Tail Snag, Ji2 Air DB2, EX DB2, F1 BULLSHIIIIIIIIIET! I get annoyed. The other variations can do that stuff too but at Least leatherface can compete with B3 and S2 from Tarkatan a lot more easily than the obstacle course with 50 flaming monster trucks raining from the sky with hellhounds chasing you while you have a broken leg!...sorry, Tarkatan MIGHT be better (I'm with you on that @Tweedy, character is so safe it's kind of gross) but Acidic is by far the more annoying...*angrily mumbles under breath*

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
S: Alien

A: Kitana, leatherface, grandmaster sub and unstoppable Jason

B: everyone else

All the characters I have trouble with mainly stem from lack of match up experience.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
When I play Cutthroat (S+ Tier are personal demons)

S+ Tier: Grandmaster Sub-Zero, Mystic Ermac, A-List Johnny Cage, Shotgun Jacqui

S Tier: Smoke (The smoke from all of his moves just makes me rage because his mix-ups are too slow, but I still get caught by the them because I can't see where to block and I'm not savvy enough to armor out of the gaps)

A Tier: Cassie Cage, Kotal Kahn (HORIZONTAL HITBOX BOIZ), Covert Ops Sonya Blade (rip in pepperoni because I can't react block to Cartwheel),

B Tier: Any Alien, Tremor, Jason's who tick-grab, Slashers who can actually mix me in corner as opposed to F42 over and over lol

C Tier: Literally everyone else, I'm comfortable fighting.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Yup. I don't have problems with Ninjutsu or Hellfire too much.

But I play against a really good Inferno player, so I suppose that's why I'm more cautious with it. *shrug*

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I don't think I play enough good players to know which characters body me. There are certainly players that have bodied me.

Freerf
ANEC NHOJ
Smash U 4 Fun Son

There are others, but they were all very well known players.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Regardless of how the character I'm using stacks against these characters, I just have trouble with them personally even if my character could beat them 10-0, even if the character is total ass
Naginata Tanya, Demo Sonya, Flame Fist Liu, Relentless Jason, Goro, and Tempest Lao.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
When I play Cutthroat (S+ Tier are personal demons)

S+ Tier: Grandmaster Sub-Zero, Mystic Ermac, A-List Johnny Cage, Shotgun Jacqui

S Tier: Smoke (The smoke from all of his moves just makes me rage because his mix-ups are too slow, but I still get caught by the them because I can't see where to block and I'm not savvy enough to armor out of the gaps)

A Tier: Cassie Cage, Kotal Kahn (HORIZONTAL HITBOX BOIZ), Covert Ops Sonya Blade (rip in pepperoni because I can't react block to Cartwheel),

B Tier: Any Alien, Tremor, Jason's who tick-grab, Slashers who can actually mix me in corner as opposed to F42 over and over lol

C Tier: Literally everyone else, I'm comfortable fighting.
This one makes sense actually based on Cutthroat. Grandmaster Sub is the best counter pick for Cutthroat imo.

CrazyFingers

B3 is a low right?
Yes but a lot of people stop block low after it, expecting the full Low, Mid, Overhead string that's attached to B3. Quick tip! Always block low, you can fuzzy F4 (his only full combo overhead outside of ninjitsu) and block the overhead in that string when it's actually completed (because it's Low, Mid, Overhead, this shouldn't be a big issue) and his only unreactable overhead (F2) has little pay off so it's fine to get hit by that.

@Blonde_Huntress

Yes but a lot of people stop block low after it, expecting the full Low, Mid, Overhead string that's attached to B3. Quick tip! Always block low, you can fuzzy F4 (his only full combo overhead outside of ninjitsu) and block the overhead in that string when it's actually completed (because it's Low, Mid, Overhead, this shouldn't be a big issue) and his only unreactable overhead (F2) has little pay off so it's fine to get hit by that.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i don't think b3 minion catches people in terms of a mixup, it catches people because theres a slight delay between b3 and when the demon comes out. people think they can press buttons when they can't.