What's new

Discussion Your Tier List of Characters Who Body You.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Leatherface and Jason. Note that I'm not very good at the game, so maybe these are noob-ish picks.
not at all, and we all start somewhere, just so you know, what makes you good starts in the Practice mode, when you learn how to Lab it up correctly and know what to look for and Practice for is what levels your game up. Not to belittle you. I would be happy to practice with you. do you have Xbox One?

Johnny and Scorpion
Tanya wrecks everyone else
except Johnny, Mileena, Alien, Jax, Kung Jin, Cassie, Sonya. Depending on which variation you main...

MadeOfMetal

Yup! I actually want that changed so War God is seen as less brain dead. He's not right now but he seems that way because of his basically safe 50/50's unless you are under certain circumstances.
Just look at it this way, almost everyone has safe 50/50's

and only thing that make sit seem cheap is his data in game says negative, but if you take into account that almost all of it is inaccurate then whats cheap?

Like Kenshi DB4 oh slash in Balanced says -10 to -20+ depending on which one you hold Right or Left or standard. but all of them are -7 actually. and Sub Zero slide says the same on EX and normzal, but one punished a certain move and the other does not punish the same move. if you mess around with shit you will notice how scary wrong all of them are. and then you have all the blockstun with moves that are not accounted for. many fighters have those listed in the Frame data. why not this game?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
What @MadeOfMetal said. Everybody starts from any character till we get better. In my case, I started as GM Sub Zero, and then I moved to Alien Tarkatan, and now to Thunder God Raiden.

You need to practice all the combos shown in YT, then getting used to them all. Try this for the combos: Success any combo 10/10. If you reach 10 out of 10, then you're ready to move to the next combo. A good practice will help you out at getting used with your own character. The practice helps to learn your own character's weaknesses and advantages. This whole practice is the Knowledge.

Then comes the Experience, therefore you need to get used to your character you learned into the MUs (Match Ups) against other characters. Note that some of the characters may be a bad MU for your own character, i.e. Alien Acidic is a bad MU for GM Sub Zero. The Experience there gives you some lessons that only you need to learn and figure out some of the strategies and tactics, like zoning, corner traps, etc.

You need to learn at least 2 characters to be really that good. If you use only one, they will know who you main, and then they will pick the certain bad MUs to wreck you.

Good luck. :)

MadeOfMetal

What @MadeOfMetal said. Everybody starts from any character till we get better. In my case, I started as GM Sub Zero, and then I moved to Alien Tarkatan, and now to Thunder God Raiden.

You need to practice all the combos shown in YT, then getting used to them all. Try this for the combos: Success any combo 10/10. If you reach 10 out of 10, then you're ready to move to the next combo. A good practice will help you out at getting used with your own character. The practice helps to learn your own character's weaknesses and advantages. This whole practice is the Knowledge.

Then comes the Experience, therefore you need to get used to your character you learned into the MUs (Match Ups) against other characters. Note that some of the characters may be a bad MU for your own character, i.e. Alien Acidic is a bad MU for GM Sub Zero. The Experience there gives you some lessons that only you need to learn and figure out some of the strategies and tactics, like zoning, corner traps, etc.

You need to learn at least 2 characters to be really that good. If you use only one, they will know who you main, and then they will pick the certain bad MUs to wreck you.

Good luck. :)
it goes way futher than that: Matchupsa re distance of your normals/there normals. Gaps in each string that has one, the startup of your opnents strings and your own, distance of your strings wiff recovery of both characters. when its ok to press a button, and by knowing advantage of your streings on hit wiff and block and your opponents you will know when you should press a button and what one to press when you knwo your character fully and theres.

then coms tactics, optimal damage after you learn, Footsies, Space control, Neutral, Counter Zoning, Anti Airing Jump ins and Crossovers. Corner Carries, Side swiotch combos, Oki setup. Armor break setups. Tech roll Os, and general Option select for Specials and normals in each situation as well as Wakup OS and what is best in each situation, then coms Damage combos and the other stuff.

You kinda need to know every charactert in the game to play at a high level.

not at all, and we all start somewhere, just so you know, what makes you good starts in the Practice mode, when you learn how to Lab it up correctly and know what to look for and Practice for is what levels your game up. Not to belittle you. I would be happy to practice with you. do you have Xbox One?

except Johnny, Mileena, Alien, Jax, Kung Jin, Cassie, Sonya. Depending on which variation you main...
Yeah my GT is Shreks Long Don

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
it goes way futher than that: Matchupsa re distance of your normals/there normals. Gaps in each string that has one, the startup of your opnents strings and your own, distance of your strings wiff recovery of both characters. when its ok to press a button, and by knowing advantage of your streings on hit wiff and block and your opponents you will know when you should press a button and what one to press when you knwo your character fully and theres.

then coms tactics, optimal damage after you learn, Footsies, Space control, Neutral, Counter Zoning, Anti Airing Jump ins and Crossovers. Corner Carries, Side swiotch combos, Oki setup. Armor break setups. Tech roll Os, and general Option select for Specials and normals in each situation as well as Wakup OS and what is best in each situation, then coms Damage combos and the other stuff.

You kinda need to know every charactert in the game to play at a high level.
So true, but I hoped that ours newbie here should learn it the hard way, like everyone else. :)

S+
Scorpion you have a 50/50 chance of playing someone who's random as fuck or amazing and each one is annoying as shit

S
Jacqui this bitch's walk speed is insane and can whiff punish you for trying to counter poke safe 50/50s etc

Kotal Kahns buttons are so good I picked him up

Mileena cuz mileena

I'm working at leveling up from an Intermediate Level so anyone who plays at an Advanced Level is hard at the moment, especially Teleporters but specifically at just a Good Level (just above Intermediate) I usually have trouble with:

S+: Piercing Mileena, ALL D'Vorahs, Takeda ALL - Nothing out of the Ordinary for a GM Main

S: Tempest Kung Lao, Mystic Ermac, Impostor Shinnok, Hellfire Scorpion, Master of Souls Ermac, Displacer Raiden - Pretty much Teleporters

A+: Gunslinger Erron Black (Hard to keep him in the corner as He builds meter so fast) Ninjitsu Scorpion, Bojutsu & Shaolin Kung Jin.
I'll have the same.And put some extra Lord Jenson and DF on the side for me,feeling kinda weak today

S+tier Inferno fucking scorpion no way he does that no way he does this constantly harassed by D4. DrIves me crazy Arise.
A tier grandmaster. The reason is im normally not a snob when it comes to mk but the WORST GM seem to make me struggle. Irks then he'll out of me I don't need all of them to be refreezing me in the corner. But a back 2 into something other than slide would be nice.
B tier dragon naginata and DF Liu Kang.
Reason I can't lab a solution to beat her so I just throw mud at a wall and hope it sticks. DF Liu I've lost way to many sets against way too many people that played the neutral of the God's.

Other than that not to many characters bug me I normally have a lot of respect for that they do. I shot I lied it's rare I play them but Shinnok Screw Hellsparks

TSL_LegendSlayer

Hellsparks Initiate
S: Sorcerer Quan, idk why, but its like I forget how to use my shinnok when I'm up against Sorcerer, the armor just destroys me
A: Royal storm and buzz saw, not too much MU exp so both always have the upper hand on me
B: Everyone else