What's new

You can dash cancel

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I haven't been following any threads or anything... How does the new movement system affect the game? MKX will be more rushdown oriented than MK9 right?

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I remember watching a video on MK9 fundamentals by Tom Brady and Gootecks, I hope someone will do something similar, a written tutorial or a video, covering low pokes, jump attacks, movement and all the other universal stuff in the game.

I feel like stance switch should've been used for run. So ff left trigger. And we could dash cancel but it would cost the same amount of stamina as back dashing.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I feel like stance switch should've been used for run. So ff left trigger. And we could dash cancel but it would cost the same amount of stamina as back dashing.
The only reason we use three button taps for run is because there's no dedicated button. We'd only need one otherwise.

Instant dash cancelling is another thing entirely, and no, you can't have it by design of the game. Currently cancelling run into neutral is not instant. In fact, run is just extending peak speed part of the dash at the price of stamina with the ability to replace recovery with move or jump-in.