What's new

You can dash cancel

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
We gotta also remember run requires stamina, so you could never do more than 2 run cancels in a string...
Well, not necessarily. Again, assuming it starts/recovers fast enough... Initiated run doesn't automatically eat a full bar of stamina, unless I missed something. It just drains.

So if you're only run-cancelling about 1/4 dash distance in between jabs, it doesn't seem like two runs would drain your meter.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Any idea how run-canceling affects cancel advantage? As in, how much cancel advantage a string needs in order to cancel into a +frame run?

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
There is no run button.
I know, but you have to hold block to initiate the run. By letting go of said button, you stop running. Basically you double press forward dash and on the second forward press you hold forward and hit block to run. To stop, you let go of block...that's why I said run button.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I know, but you have to hold block to initiate the run. By letting go of said button, you stop running. Basically you double press forward dash and on the second forward press you hold forward and hit block to run. To stop, you let go of block...that's why I said run button.
Gotcha. Might be better to just call it the block button since everybody knows you have to hit the block button to run. Might be confusing for noobs. But now I know what you mean so no biggie.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I'm glad its function is set to the block button. It'll take practice to get the timing down, but everything takes practice so it doesn't worry me. I think of it as sort of "enhanced movement" like we have enhanced specials. Block button is for MK what the action button is to RE4 or something.

Plus, I would personally hate to have to use the left bumpers/triggers, especially for something we'll use frequently. It's awkward to me.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah you can dash cancel into runs, specials but you can't dash cancel into block.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Can you run cancel into block? Like if you press r2 twice?
Also can you run cancel a dash in the middle of the animation? or does run come out at the end of the dash?