What's new

YOMI PRESENTS OUR PRE EVO MKX TIER LIST (RV2.0)

I think a lot of characters wouldn't be as high without their best variations.

The fact is though these guys have been playing against the best Quan(results wise) every day and probably labbed him up every times. But with his offensive capabilities Quan is not a character you can just lab away because he still revolves guessing with his vortex and guessing when he'll move. If he had a good armor/wakeup he'd probably be the best in the game, or close to it.
There are alternatives to Armor like a faster poke i just dont see zoner who has no answer to pressure or corner trap in a game full of that beeing S+.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I don't think he's particularly worse than the other 5 or so characters in that bottom group

if you have to play in front of goro and you can't just jump all over him and zone him out you have to deal with his game, and that's a scary proposition when you have to play footsies with f3 punchwalk and sweep , especially if you lack powerful footsie tools
This is why I think Mileena gets boned by Goro.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
There are alternatives to Armor like a faster poke i just dont see zoner who has no answer to pressure or corner trap in a game full of that beeing S+.
Because he has some of the best zoning AND mixups. He also has the best comeback factor in the game so even if you are bullied the entire round all you need is one opening to run it back.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
remove Summoners bat for safe vortex and mixups , remove sorcerers armor and chip and then tell me quan chi is top 5. "Endless 50/50's" did u read the part about hes low not beeing safe at all? IF they want to do a real tier list they would give a each variation of each character a ranking and a overall ranking not just Quan chi #4 nuff said. 2 weeks ago Kenshi was top 6 now suddenly hes #14 and Kano fucking kano who only got ONE gud variation cuz the others either a don't work right/bugged or just plain useless And hes higher than ERMAC, Lui kang and fucking johnny cage.
Lol are you retarded? "Remove everything that makes a character good then tell me they're still top 5."

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I came to the conclusion that YOMI shouldn't make a tier list unless they explore high level players characters and stop playing among their self.

High level Online players have more of a better chance pulling more of a accurate chart then Yomi can.

Blow me UP Sheeps!!!

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
remove Summoners bat for safe vortex and mixups , remove sorcerers armor and chip and then tell me quan chi is top 5. "Endless 50/50's" did u read the part about hes low not beeing safe at all? IF they want to do a real tier list they would give a each variation of each character a ranking and a overall ranking not just Quan chi #4 nuff said. 2 weeks ago Kenshi was top 6 now suddenly hes #14 and Kano fucking kano who only got ONE gud variation cuz the others either a don't work right/bugged or just plain useless And hes higher than ERMAC, Lui kang and fucking johnny cage.
With that mentality then we shoud take away Lao's spin, lao's orbiting hat, D'vorah's run cancel pressure, Cassie's flipkick, Cassie's standing reset, Sonya's military stance, Sonya's divekick, Raiden's vortex, and every character's best tool out of consideration and make a tier list LOL. Again, it's a dumb argument. Also his 50/50's ARE not only safe, but plus on block.

:)
I came to the conclusion that YOMI shouldn't make a tier list unless they explore high level players characters and stop playing among their self.

High level Online players have more of a better chance pulling more of a accurate chart then Yomi can.

Blow me UP Sheeps!!!
helios they put liu kang at 20th. so i agree with what u say lol

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I don't think he's particularly worse than the other 5 or so characters in that bottom group

if you have to play in front of goro and you can't just jump all over him and zone him out you have to deal with his game, and that's a scary proposition when you have to play footsies with f3 punchwalk and sweep , especially if you lack powerful footsie tools
Which characters have to play in front of Goro, can't jump all over him OR zone him out and are forced to deal with his game? Not being sarcastic, I'm asking for real.

D. R.

Noob
This tier list is off compared to the other one you guys made.

Tanya is still number one based off tool set and frame data (Sorry KL fanboys and Tanya downplayers)
Cassie needs to be in the top 5
Quan needs to be lower

Just from a quick glance and taking into account the best variation for each character, this is what I noticed was wrong. Waiting for version 3.0 post Evo.

**Side note, if you're going to make a tier list with true numerical placement instead of alphabetical grouping, you all should back it up. Some of these characters just seem thrown into a spot just because instead of with some form of quantitative and qualitative analysis such as frames, move set/properties, gimmicks, etc. Don't be lazy.

Blow me UP Sheeps!!!
Stop saying online. The netcode will determine the tier list before the players will.:DOGE:coffee:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Which characters have to play in front of Goro, can't jump all over him OR zone him out and are forced to deal with his game? Not being sarcastic, I'm asking for real.
Cassie JC Jacqui Jason Reptile I think are all matchups where I feel comfortable pressing advantage, I'm learning the Mileena mu and that doesn't feel like she can regulate goro either. I'm theorycrafting here but I don't think F/t should be particularly horrible either. Some like tanya are obviously bad, but a lot of the cast I don't have enough exp with to say yet

This tier list is off compared to the other one you guys made.

Tanya is still number one based off tool set and frame data (Sorry KL fanboys and Tanya downplayers)
Cassie needs to be in the top 5
Quan needs to be lower

Just from a quick glance and taking into account the best variation for each character, this is what I noticed was wrong. Waiting for version 3.0 post Evo.

**Side note, if you're going to make a tier list with true numerical placement instead of alphabetical grouping, you all should back it up. Some of these characters just seem thrown into a spot just because instead of with some form of quantitative and qualitative analysis such as frames, move set/properties, gimmicks, etc. Don't be lazy.
lao for sure takes number one now. If you want an in depth reason why, i have no issue providing one. Shinnok i like over cassie (i can explain this as well), and quan i can explain. Don't worry tho, post evo things will change up for our lists.

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
lao for sure takes number one now. If you want an in depth reason why, i have no issue providing one. Shinnok i like over cassie (i can explain this as well), and quan i can explain. Don't worry tho, post evo things will change up for our lists.
Can you explain shinnok and lao for us?

Espio

Kokomo
Cassie JC Jacqui Jason Reptile I think are all matchups where I feel comfortable pressing advantage, I'm learning the Mileena mu and that doesn't feel like she can regulate goro either. I'm theorycrafting here but I don't think F/t should be particularly horrible either. Some like tanya are obviously bad, but a lot of the cast I don't have enough exp with to say yet
Cage and Cassie feel very fun. I don't know the Jacqui or Jason match up, but I don't feel those are hard to believe. Reptile was always an interesting match the few times I've played it.

I have a bit of Ferra/Torr and Mileena experience and I feel he does really well against both characters. I see no reason for Goro to have any real problems with her. At worst for him, it's probably even lol.

Her poke game is terrible so getting out of pressure is a problem for her, Goro's footsies rival hers rather easily and he will impose his will at some point. If you're jumping and playing sloppy then yes she will wreck your shit, but she's a very risky character on block to open you up, while Goro is not at all and he crushes her on knockdown pretty hard too.

When people begin to let Mileena hang herself they'll see that even more. Mileena is good at counter zoning, but Goro's not a zoner so that's not really a big deal and if anything, her zoning slightly offsets the advantages Goro has when he's in her grill, but nothing more.

Tanya seems like a challenge at the moment. I've had success, but I need more time to explore it.

I think it's important and this is not directed at you by any means, but a lot of people make it seem like they've truly explored all these match ups and that's not the case. I only play Goro and Kitana now, but I certainly don't even know a fraction of his match ups and am definitely not playing them well enough yet.

It's why I don't really feel like I could weigh in on his worth as a character as a whole, but I do feel that him not having a couple good match ups and being able to compete with some characters (even good ones like Cassie) is a bit disingenuous. I'd even hazard to say he does well against Jax too. He has some characters that give him trouble, but nothing is set in stone or all figured out yet to be so definitive or certain.

Last edited:
Can you explain shinnok and lao for us?
Kung Lao and shinnok I'll put key points down:

Kung Lao:
*Best anti air in the game (ex spin in tempest) which leads to massive damage, covers crossups, and has armor as well. It is also 7 frames so it is punishes a large amount of things for ridiculous damage to anti wakeup oki setups with orbiting hat.
*Best jump in in the game: Jump 2 from lao not only covers massive distance and leads to big damage; it also beats out a majority of anti airs and once again leads to an anti wakeup setup with orbiting hat.
*Strings: All of his main strings are safe on block and lead to big damage with or without meter. Added with that is the fact that he can convert off of his main strings in the air and on the ground with ease.
*Zoning: Just to add on to his massive pressure and meterbuilding/ chip damage, this character has a mid projectile that controls space and builds lao meter from a distance.
*Pokes: Solid pokes that provide him safety, pressure, and a solid way to get out of pressure.
*Mobility: In the air he has top 5 jump ins, a teleport, and a divekick. There is no single way to keep him out of the air and this leaves opponents constantly guessing what to do vs him.

Shinnok (not an expert but for sure no the matchup and how this character works):
*Pokes: His poke game is very solid and one of the best in the game.
*Anti air: His d2 is one of the better ones in the game and he also has solid air to airs as well.
*Zoning: can zone with hellsparks in all of his variations but what really makes a different is his demon gun (forgot its name) in bone shaper. Has great recovery, startup, and does very well in projectile wars.
*Armor moves: Though armor shoulder is meh, in bone shaper he has the armor scoop which covers massive space and leads to good damage (unsafe of course).
*Anti-Wakeup machine (bone shaper specifically): Since he can end every combo into a standing reset, characters are not allowed to wakeup vs him and he either jails u or goes for his OH/grab
*Safety (mainly bone shaper): He has the safe demon gun and low string in bone shaper to constantly pressure opponents and build meter as well. Since he is still able to jail u with ex hellsparks when done correctly, this character can pressure u safely and build meter safely as well
Now there is more than this for sure, but i hope this is good.

piemaster

mortal hater
Takeda bottom 3? How can this assumption be made considering there's one good takeda player right now. And the only major he went to he got 5th. Redraptor will you plz go to more tournaments

D. R.

Noob
Kung Lao and shinnok I'll put key points down:

Kung Lao:
*Best anti air in the game (ex spin in tempest) which leads to massive damage, covers crossups, and has armor as well. It is also 7 frames so it is punishes a large amount of things for ridiculous damage to anti wakeup oki setups with orbiting hat.
*Best jump in in the game: Jump 2 from lao not only covers massive distance and leads to big damage; it also beats out a majority of anti airs and once again leads to an anti wakeup setup with orbiting hat.
*Strings: All of his main strings are safe on block and lead to big damage with or without meter. Added with that is the fact that he can convert off of his main strings in the air and on the ground with ease.
*Zoning: Just to add on to his massive pressure and meterbuilding/ chip damage, this character has a mid projectile that controls space and builds lao meter from a distance.
*Pokes: Solid pokes that provide him safety, pressure, and a solid way to get out of pressure.
*Mobility: In the air he has top 5 jump ins, a teleport, and a divekick. There is no single way to keep him out of the air and this leaves opponents constantly guessing what to do vs him.

Shinnok (not an expert but for sure no the matchup and how this character works):
*Pokes: His poke game is very solid and one of the best in the game.
*Anti air: His d2 is one of the better ones in the game and he also has solid air to airs as well.
*Zoning: can zone with hellsparks in all of his variations but what really makes a different is his demon gun (forgot its name) in bone shaper. Has great recovery, startup, and does very well in projectile wars.
*Armor moves: Though armor shoulder is meh, in bone shaper he has the armor scoop which covers massive space and leads to good damage (unsafe of course).
*Anti-Wakeup machine (bone shaper specifically): Since he can end every combo into a standing reset, characters are not allowed to wakeup vs him and he either jails u or goes for his OH/grab
*Safety (mainly bone shaper): He has the safe demon gun and low string in bone shaper to constantly pressure opponents and build meter as well. Since he is still able to jail u with ex hellsparks when done correctly, this character can pressure u safely and build meter safely as well
Now there is more than this for sure, but i hope this is good.
If you can do this for every character in your next tier list, it will gain an exceptional amount of credibility and open the door for viable criticism instead of opinion or speculation. Good stuff.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Cage and Cassie feel very fun. I don't know the Jacqui or Jason match up, but I don't feel those are hard to believe. Reptile was always an interesting match the few times I've played it.

I have a bit of Ferra/Torr and Mileena experience and I feel he does really well against both characters. I see no reason for Goro to have any real problems with her. At worst for him, it's probably even lol.

Her poke game is terrible so getting out of pressure is a problem for her, Goro's footsies rival hers rather easily and he will impose his will at some point. If you're jumping and playing sloppy then yes she will wreck your shit, but she's a very risky character on block to open you up, while Goro is not at all and he crushes her on knockdown pretty hard too.

When people begin to let Mileena hang herself they'll see that even more. Mileena is good at counter zoning, but Goro's not a zoner so that's not really a big deal and if anything, her zoning slightly offsets the advantages Goro has when he's in her grill, but nothing more.

Tanya seems like a challenge at the moment. I've had success, but I need more time to explore it.

I think it's important and this is not directed at you by any means, but a lot of people make it seem like they've truly explored all these match ups and that's not the case. I only play Goro and Kitana now, but I certainly don't even know a fraction of his match ups and am definitely not playing them well enough yet.

It's why I don't really feel like I could weigh in on his worth as a character as a whole, but I do feel that him not having a couple good match ups and being able to compete with some characters (even good ones like Cassie) is a bit disingenuous. I'd even hazard to say he does well against Jax too. He has some characters that give him trouble, but nothing is set in stone or all figured out yet to be so definitive or certain.
Mileena gets out of pressure with roll, EX roll, and throw, not pokes. In my limited experience with the matchup, EX punch walk seems to be the trump card that dictates the pace of the match, with EX roll being slightly weaker in comparison. They're both shitty characters with weird hitbox issues that makes for a very strange match lol. Idk; it's a really weird matchup that I'd like to explore further and get more opinions on.