What's new

YOMI LIVING MATCH UP CHART (FIRST DRAFT) v1.0 - 7-2-15 Tremor Patch

Low profiling doesn't cover all his WU options though. And the way Raiden is, one touch = you're in the corner which is terrible for D'Vorah. D'Vorah doesn't have good options against his pressure or pressure in general. If I'm in the corner, it's basically a wrap. I can't wake up cause that will get stuffed for free so my best option is a delayed WU which can be dealt with easily and then I have to eat the safe 50/50. I have to guess and when I guess right, I still have to deal with his pressure.

When I'm applying my own pressure, I can rarely take risks because an armored reversal anywhere on the screen is me ending up in the corner once again. Her footsie game is strong but Raiden's string with the lightning shit out ranges my D3/D4 and is rather quick. And once again, if I get hit by that, I'm in the corner. It's rough.

I would also like to add that the level of Ferra/Torr downplaying is very high. But @cR Biohazard can comment further on that.
Interesting take, we will discuss it here and see how others here on TYM feel about it.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Interesting take, we will discuss it here and see how others here on TYM feel about it.
That's how I see it. There's little that would change my mind aside from seeing a D'Vorah player giving Nivek some serious trouble. Theory crafting is nice and all but my opinions on MUs don't change unless I see them played out and there's reason for me to think differently.

That's how I see it. There's little that would change my mind aside from seeing a D'Vorah player giving Nivek some serious trouble. Theory crafting is nice and all but my opinions on MUs don't change unless I see them played out and there's reason for me to think differently.
Has nivek played u and ducky? Howd the matches go?

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Has nivek played u and ducky? Howd the matches go?
Not sure about Ducky. I played Nivek in casuals before EVO for an hour or so. He won more than I did but I don't remember the score. But basically it went as I described. I get hit, I'm in the corner. Guess right or die. If I do guess right, he still has options that can beat me like NJP or armor. If he blocks my D1, then he just applies more pressure. Rinse and repeat.

Not sure about Ducky. I played Nivek in casuals before EVO for an hour or so. He won more than I did but I don't remember the score. But basically it went as I described. I get hit, I'm in the corner. Guess right or die. If I do guess right, he still has options that can beat me like NJP or armor. If he blocks my D1, then he just applies more pressure. Rinse and repeat.
I feel that if you utilize ur d4 correctly, it will be hard for him to approach and the only wakeups that can stop u from low profiling are his ex upper move and his ex tackle (both extremely risky and unsafe). My phone about to die( at a laundromat atm haha) but I will be back later today to discuss.

DarkFire*

Your halo is mine.
You guys were definitely on something when y'all made a good amount of Cassie and Tanya's numbers lol

Ftr, I agree with most of their numbers, but the ones I don't agree with REALLY stand out like Cassie v Kenshi, Cassie v Jax, Tanya v Quan Chi, etc lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Wow I agree w your balanced kenshi #s a lot except the dvorah mu

I'm actually a little speechless
Now onto Kenjutsu and possessed

I definitely disagree w dvorah though

Creepy00

Noob
@Pig Of The Hut , since you are here, what do you think about Sub vs Kenshi MU? Yomi has it as 5-5 (even), but many (including myself) think it is 4-6 Kenshi's favor. I asked tom, but he bounces around 5-5 to possibly 4-6. I would love to hear from Denzel, since he plays both characters, but he rarely gets on tym.

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
My man Jason needs some buffs lol. What does YOMI or anyone else thing he needs to be a little more viable?

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Was going to get all the point totals and make a list, but it's really hard to do on this format, but I got 5 done.

Shinnok (BS): 193

Kung Lao (Tempest): 184

Cassie (Hollywood): 172

Quan Chi (Summoner): 171

D'Vorah (Swarm Queen): 160

An actual tier list would take the first number of (6/4) and add up all those first numbers, this is what the total is. Based on their total is where they are on the tier list. So for instance, if the only characters in the game right now were the ones I posted, those would be what the top 5 are in order.
I counted D'Vorah. I think she's at 169.

For Jin, it's:
Bojutsu - 160
Shaolin - 162.

If anyone can verify Shaolin, please do.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Shinnok is better up close in the MU. Better pokes, has f4 string to punish her and check her, hell sparks pressure, can low profile her wakeup, and etc. Also once he gets a life lead it will be no easy task for her to comeback unless she has X-ray or Shinnok messes up.

Agreed except for the hell sparks pressure. Unless he MBs it on the first spark, he gets punished everytime

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Not gonna lie. Mournful doesn't have to many bad MU's. Shes without a doubt top 3 in a zone war and ex glaive lets you take full control. its best they just block cause everythings getting baited.

hqt predator is very cheap, but im wondering how he'll deal with dragons fire liu, sure he can keep him out, but both hunter and hqt idk what to do up close.

also event hough this isn't in these matchups charts, what about matchups like relentless jason vs hunter predator (you can just throw a trap, and throw instant airs, jason only has 1 option), or master of storms raiden vs lackey torr

i think this game has some potentially very cheap matchups

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
@Pig Of The Hut , since you are here, what do you think about Sub vs Kenshi MU? Yomi has it as 5-5 (even), but many (including myself) think it is 4-6 Kenshi's favor. I asked tom, but he bounces around 5-5 to possibly 4-6. I would love to hear from Denzel, since he plays both characters, but he rarely gets on tym.
lord plz answer this. @Pig Of The Hut Ive been asking this question on the low with no answer. vs balance and possessed.