What's new

YOMI LIVING MATCH UP CHART (FIRST DRAFT) v1.0 - 7-2-15 Tremor Patch

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Was going to get all the point totals and make a list, but it's really hard to do on this format, but I got 5 done.

Shinnok (BS): 193

Kung Lao (Tempest): 184

Cassie (Hollywood): 172

Quan Chi (Summoner): 171

D'Vorah (Swarm Queen): 160

An actual tier list would take the first number of (6/4) and add up all those first numbers, this is what the total is. Based on their total is where they are on the tier list. So for instance, if the only characters in the game right now were the ones I posted, those would be what the top 5 are in order.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Uh for Cybernetic Kano:
He beats Cassie Cage, it's a 6-4 (at least right now).
He might not beat Jason, I'm not fully convinced of that matchup yet but I'd like to hear your side of it.
I'm pretty sure he beats Johnny Cage.
Why is it 4-6 against RS but 5-5 vs Mournful?
Why do you think it's 4-6 vs Shaolin?
I'm not entirely convinced he loses to Mileena either.
HQT could be 3-7 but I've still to explore that mu a little further.
Scorpion could be one of his worst matchups tbh, I'd like to hear your side of that too.
4-6 vs Grandmaster?! No no no no, who are you using as Cybernetic experience? Lol
Why do you guys reckon 6-4 vs Balanced?

The rest I either agree with or haven't played enough to feel confident commenting on.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Was going to get all the point totals and make a list, but it's really hard to do on this format, but I got 5 done.

An actual tier list would take the first number of (6/4) and add up all those first numbers, this is what the total is. Based on their total is where they are on the tier list. So for instance, if the only characters in the game right now were the ones I posted, those would be what the top 5 are in order.
if i did the math right, Raiden would be 158

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
as a Tanya player myself her bad match ups seem to be the keep away characters. If they didn't change her teleport im sure it be a different story. And since where on the subject on whats makes Shaolin better than bo these days for kung jin?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
as a Tanya player myself her bad match ups seem to be the keep away characters. If they didn't change her teleport im sure it be a different story. And since where on the subject on whats makes Shaolin better than bo these days for kung jin?
Bo juitsu has better armor and meterless damage, but Shaolin is better in almost every other category. Zoning, anti zoning, chip damage, safer mixups, gets out of the corner kinda for free

How can quan chi be top 5 with 8 bad match ups?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
lol...

F/T only losing 7-3 to Shinnok

What even is this list?

Also losing 3-7 to Quan Chi... Yeah maybe if like... Lackey didn't exist.
The fact that it does makes me wonder about this list.

Like F/T isn't the kind of character you can fit into one variation because we have a rushdown for the MUs the zoning one can't handle. How is this list being done?

Are we assuming you are picking it into our character? Are we assuming both players are picking?

Also why are you basing it just off of one guy? Best representative, maybe, but even he would admit that vicious probably wouldn't be picked into BS shinnok. You can't just scrunch the character into one set variation, because (and put simply) the variation system exists and we don't have to. We have the option to avoid fighting Quan Chi as a severely bad MU by using Lackey. We have the option to avoid fighting Shinnok as a zoner because of Lackey. If you can't correctly portray the way the character is actually used in a competitive sense, then why are you even making a list?

You might as well have based it off of how Ruthless does in those MUs, it would literally be just as "accurate".

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Uh for Cybernetic Kano:
He beats Cassie Cage, it's a 6-4 (at least right now).
He might not beat Jason, I'm not fully convinced of that matchup yet but I'd like to hear your side of it.
I'm pretty sure he beats Johnny Cage.
Why is it 4-6 against RS but 5-5 vs Mournful?
Why do you think it's 4-6 vs Shaolin?
I'm not entirely convinced he loses to Mileena either.
HQT could be 3-7 but I've still to explore that mu a little further.
Scorpion could be one of his worst matchups tbh, I'd like to hear your side of that too.
4-6 vs Grandmaster?! No no no no, who are you using as Cybernetic experience? Lol
Why do you guys reckon 6-4 vs Balanced?

The rest I either agree with or haven't played enough to feel confident commenting on.
When you and I are in near full agreement on Kano you know we have to be right lol. I think Johnny is 5-5 and maybe Shaolin can be 4-6, but I agree with the rest of that post.

Agree that Cassie is 6-4, Jason is iffy, Kitana feels tough in any variation, I don't see how Kano loses to Mileena unless online magically became a factor in tier list, HQT feels like 3-7 ugly MU, Scorpion could be just as bad so 4-6 feels like a "keep it balanced" cop out, how in the world is Subzero a disadvantage, and Balanced isn't better than 5-5 at best if that.

Some of the stuff is on point but these here feel like they were just thrown up there to finish the list.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
sorry to be the noob here Reo, but what dose the values mean and why dose mirror matchup not get a rank?

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
At first, I saw "Tremor patch" and I was filled with terror....but its just a matchup chart. Proceed.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Takeda vs mileena and kitana match ups are def not even anymore . Not in takedas favor. Esp now with the buffs they have both gotten up until now.

Both are at least 4/6 takeda losing. Maybe even 3/7 with mileenas developing teleport tech

Jason vs takeda is prob 6/4 or 7/3 in takedas favor

Ff kang might be like 2/8 in kangs favor with his cancels vs takeda.

These are all imo of course

Last edited: