What's new

YOMI LIVING MATCH UP CHART (FIRST DRAFT) v1.0 - 7-2-15 Tremor Patch

REO

Undead
Hello everyone. Team YOMI has been working together to put up a match up chart with the help of many players for the past two weeks. The match up chart below is our first draft of what we think could be the current match up numbers in the current and latest patch. None of these numbers are set in stone and are subject to change and always open for debate. If you spot any mistakes or spelling errors, please feel free to point them out and post them in this thread so we can fix them.

YOMI LIVING MATCH UP CHART (FIRST DRAFT) V1.0

Keep in mind we are also trying to use the most popular tournament variations to make things easier for now. More variations will be added in the future until we have each one.

For now enjoy and discuss. And if you have a question on why a match up is listed a certain way, don't hesitate to ask as I will try my best to appoint the player(s) to come in and explain why they feel that way.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Interested in why you think Jax HW beats Ermac MoS I've not played that match up much and I would like to hear your guys thoughts on it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I would like to know specifically why MIT had the following numbers for Kobu Tanya:

5-5 for Predator
7-3 for Quan Chi

The reason I find this odd is because both characters have the same issue with wakeups(at least in the context of Tanya) so I dont see how she doesnt beat on Predator as bad as Quan, especially considering Quan has a better backdash. I would think Predator v. Tanya is at least 6-4 in her favor, but I'd like to hear your input @YOMI MITYEAP

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
If you spot any mistakes or spelling errors, please feel free to point them out and post them in this thread so we can fix them.
you have mileena vs bojutsu 5-5 on mileena chart and 6-4 on bojutsu's chart.

imo if cassie is marked as beating mileena 3-7, wouldnt say kung is far off that mark.
it sucks mileena cant punish mb bow spin on block :(

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Good shit. One thing that would be good to do is complete the "total +/-" column (column AI), so we can see the overall scorecard for each character. The numbers in that column would actually be an interesting basis for a character tier list (there would probably be multiple ties, but it seems like it would be a good indicator of overall character viability).

By the way, as interesting as this shit is it makes me feel like I'm at work. I spend a shitload of time reviewing excel spreadsheets. I come to TYM to escape all that maaaan :REO

I would like to know specifically why MIT had the following numbers for Kobu Tanya:

5-5 for Predator
7-3 for Quan Chi

The reason I find this odd is because both characters have the same issue with wakeups(at least in the context of Tanya) so I dont see how she doesnt beat on Predator as bad as Quan, especially considering Quan has a better backdash. I would think Predator v. Tanya is at least 6-4 in her favor, but I'd like to hear your input @YOMI MITYEAP
For predator (at least in HQT) he can zone me out and has good pokes and a good NJP for keepaway. Once I get in I can pressure him hard but once I lose stamina then that is where he can escape. That and if he does happen to get an armor move on me, I am eating 50%. Tbh tho, u may be right as I need to play the MU more with king and other predators and I need to be more patient against him.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
wtf is this lol
:u

Edit: I tried to resist but couldn't. What I disagree with.

Cyber Kano
FA Jacqui is even. Not 6-4.
Mileena is even at worst. Not 4-6.
FF Liu is 4-6. Not 5-5.
No way in hell Sub is 4-6. 5-5 at worst.
Kenshi has to be 4-6 or even at best. Not advantage.
Kobu Tanya 6-4. Not 5-5.

Agree with the rest, but some of those stand out pretty strong

Last edited:
I don't think Raiden TG loses to any johnny cage. Other than that I agree. Also welcome to top 10 sub zero lol

Last edited:

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Wait a minute...there are inconsistencies in the chart...you say raiden loses to cage 4-6 if you start with raiden at #23. But if you start with cage you say he goes 5-5 with raiden. Depending on which part of the chart you start at you have raiden with either 5 bad match ups or 3.

Sloppiness or trolling?

Last edited:
Wait a minute...there are inconsistencies in the chart...you say raiden loses to cage if 4-6 if you start with raiden at #23. But if you start with cage you say he goes 5-5 with raiden. Depending on which part of the chart you start at you have raiden with either 5 bad match ups or 3.

Sloppiness or trolling?
A mistake we will fix

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Wait a minute...there are inconsistencies in the chart...you say raiden loses to cage if 4-6 you start with raiden at #23. But if you start with cage you say he goes 5-5 with raiden. Depending on which part of the chart you start at you have raiden with either 5 bad match ups or 3.

Sloppiness or trolling?
Sorry about that. We're gonna have to do couple edits