What's new

General/Other - Leatherface XL The LeatherRealm - Leatherface General Discussion Thread

thlityoursloat

kick kick
My god, man. F12 is freaking insane. F1 is a 7f high with really good range for a 7f normal and f12 has godlike priority.
Thank fuck it being -16 means nothing to Killer since he has a way to make it 100% safe.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Is ex db4 reliable for anti cross up and comboing after? Are there hitbox, or input issues?

Because I haven't seen any combo written about it, or the move being discussed at all

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
@Hidan

First time attempting something like this I'm pretty bad at doing anti cross up stuff, let alone in a real match. Hope this helps!

Nice attempts. By saying anti cross up I was more into hitting him after he starts falling behind you, but still you showed off the move's hitbox in a good extent which btw is satisfying.

So, if done early it's practical, thx I'm covered

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Glad to help bro, but just a reminder if you're going for anti cross ups with a special remember that is going to reverse your inputs & the timing can be somewhat weird at times

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
What variation of Leatherface have you guys been using against GM Sub? I've had equal success with both Butcher and Killer, haven't played Pretty Lady in this MU yet as I'm not quite comfortable with that variation just yet.

I feel Leatherface does okay in the matchup.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Pretty Lady makes Grandmaster have to approach to do anything worth why because of his zoning. PL unfortunately is gonna have tough time against GM pressure & PL pressure is really all not that good because of no mids.

All in all if you have the opportunity, return to neutral & annoy the hell out of the GM player.He or she will start taking risks.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
What variation of Leatherface have you guys been using against GM Sub? I've had equal success with both Butcher and Killer, haven't played Pretty Lady in this MU yet as I'm not quite comfortable with that variation just yet.

I feel Leatherface does okay in the matchup.
I pretty much only use Killer, but it's been far better against GM than I expected.

By all rights GM should dominate since Killer has no way through the Clone, but in practice I've found that Killer is quick enough to exploit those moments when the clone goes down. Just be mindful of how long the clone lasts, and practice the timing for "stance blocking" the Ice Ball and clone toss. Both are slow and easy to catch with the Beserker Stance, and that gives you the opportunity to move in.

Another thing to practice is canceling the BS1 charge on reaction to the Clone.

I still feel like a competent GM that knows the match-up should destroy Killer, but most of my losses have come from making a mistake and getting cornered, where Killer has no good options for breaking pressure.

TommyKing5

I pretty much only use Killer, but it's been far better against GM than I expected.

By all rights GM should dominate since Killer has no way through the Clone, but in practice I've found that Killer is quick enough to exploit those moments when the clone goes down. Just be mindful of how long the clone lasts, and practice the timing for "stance blocking" the Ice Ball and clone toss. Both are slow and easy to catch with the Beserker Stance, and that gives you the opportunity to move in.

Another thing to practice is canceling the BS1 charge on reaction to the Clone.

I still feel like a competent GM that knows the match-up should destroy Killer, but most of my losses have come from making a mistake and getting cornered, where Killer has no good options for breaking pressure.
Thanks for the response. Like you said it's definitely not as bad as it looks.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
How does Leatherface do vs Imposter Shinnok and Takeda?

I'm looking at Pretty Lady/Killer

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
How does Leatherface do vs Imposter Shinnok and Takeda?

I'm looking at Pretty Lady/Killer
For Pretty Lady :

Imposter Shinnok - PL has the upper hand when it comes to zoning, but teleport negates that. For obvious reason Imposter needs to be VERY aggressive if he wants to win & Shinnok is capable of doing that. Now what makes this match-up so interesting is that PL can throw it right back at Shinnok with being aggressive. Not as aggressive as Shinnok, but enough to were your opponent is a little uneasy. 4-6

Takeda - With Teleport & far reaching normals that equals or exceeds PL's, Takeda can easily change the flow of the match. 3-7

If you want me to elaborate even more, I can.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
For Pretty Lady :

Imposter Shinnok - PL has the upper hand when it comes to zoning, but teleport negates that. For obvious reason Imposter needs to be VERY aggressive if he wants to win & Shinnok is capable of doing that. Now what makes this match-up so interesting is that PL can throw it right back at Shinnok with being aggressive. Not as aggressive as Shinnok, but enough to were your opponent is a little uneasy. 4-6

Takeda - With Teleport & far reaching normals that equals or exceeds PL's, Takeda can easily change the flow of the match. 3-7

If you want me to elaborate even more, I can.
I'd love to hear it. I'm alt shopping to deal with Quan's bad match ups, and I really like Leatherface. I was thinking that LF could compete in range with his B2, d4, and maybe b1. I know B1 is a little slower, but surely you could space it out?

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I'd love to hear it. I'm alt shopping to deal with Quan's bad match ups, and I really like Leatherface. I was thinking that LF could compete in range with his B2, d4, and maybe b1. I know B1 is a little slower, but surely you could space it out?
B2 , D4 & even his B4 start-up is fairly quick & can definitely compete in neutral also don't forget about F1, that thing has reach.

B1 should be use as a mix-up when you have your opponent in a stagger state, its slow. . . slow enough to react to it even if you space it correctly. So I would have to say its ill advised to use in neutral.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Hey there all just came to pop in and say that i have been playing leather-face for about a day now and i have to say i love him (recently a bo rai cho main lolz)

Been playing pretty lady and having some fun but struggling a bit fighting some characters (alien, predator, scorpion etc).

Oh and standing 22 into over head or low is LIFE lol.

BanTheTesters

Just a quick question for the thread, whats leather-face wise on the tier list?

Just thought id get some over all opinions here cause ive been playing for a couple of days and it seems like he sort of struggles with some match ups (pressure, and depending on what variation lacks damage in some aspects correct?).

Thanks everyone!

TommyKing5

Just a quick question for the thread, whats leather-face wise on the tier list?

Just thought id get some over all opinions here cause ive been playing for a couple of days and it seems like he sort of struggles with some match ups (pressure, and depending on what variation lacks damage in some aspects correct?).

Thanks everyone!
I think he's solid mid tier. Maybe lower mid tier. Struggles in some match-ups, mainly the top tiers though. Pressure is his main weakness, and lack of a projectile outside Pretty Lady.

BanTheTesters

I think he's solid mid tier. Maybe lower mid tier. Struggles in some match-ups, mainly the top tiers though. Pressure is his main weakness, and lack of a projectile outside Pretty Lady.
Hmm some ppl are saying he's also pretty low tier in general actually.

Interesting...

TommyKing5

Hmm some ppl are saying he's also pretty low tier in general actually.

Interesting...
That doesn't mean in any way, shape or form that he is unviable. I think Killer can win against everyone (will have to work hard in some match-ups), and in match-ups that Killer will be out-zoned, Pretty Lady definitely makes up for that.

I'm still looking for match-ups where it will be better to use Butcher, but can't think of any. I've had some luck in the Butcher vs Jax match-ups. I could be wrong on that, don't play Butcher competitively, just purely for fun.

BanTheTesters

That doesn't mean in any way, shape or form that he is unviable.
Oh no ha not at all he may be low tier but he has the tools to get stuff done.

Be struggling against johnny cage, quan, shinnok, sub zero, and a whole HOST of other ppl in the cast..

It does seems correct that Leatherface cant deal with constant pressure and heck if you dont have meter...ggs..lol

TommyKing5

Oh no ha not at all he may be low tier but he has the tools to get stuff done.

Be struggling against johnny cage, quan, shinnok, sub zero, and a whole HOST of other ppl in the cast..

It does seems correct that Leatherface cant deal with constant pressure and heck if you dont have meter...ggs..lol
Yeah the characters you mentioned are pretty hard to deal with. I think the killer - grandmaster match-up is pretty even though.

As for the pressure, Butcher has a really good assortment of fast & decent armour, other than the launcher, which is slow as hell. Leatherface has great pokes (bar d4, which I think is terrible) in terms of speed, but their hit-advantage is mediocre. Killer can do the gimmick of d1/3 into berserker stance 1 to catch people pressing buttons and it works and they lose 38-40%.

I think Pretty Lady does well against Boneshaper if you can keep him out, which is easier said than done in MKX(L).

Anyways, glad you're having fun (I hope) with Leatherface in general. Always glad to see someone else who plays him, considering the amount of hate he received when he was first announced.

TommyKing5

I've found that Leatherface's B4 (sweep) is great against the Ice Clone. Not only does it not move his hurt box into the clone, it has good range. I had been using the Killer & Pretty Lady's B2, but I always misjudge the distance and get frozen. I think B4 should be used when the Sub player is just hiding behind the clone, trying to bait your armour, throw it out to destroy the clone and if you score a hit, then you're +20 something.

Really no consequence at all. Just be careful if he's throwing ice balls all the time.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I've found that Leatherface's B4 (sweep) is great against the Ice Clone. Not only does it not move his hurt box into the clone, it has good range. I had been using the Killer & Pretty Lady's B2, but I always misjudge the distance and get frozen. I think B4 should be used when the Sub player is just hiding behind the clone, trying to bait your armour, throw it out to destroy the clone and if you score a hit, then you're +20 something.

Really no consequence at all. Just be careful if he's throwing ice balls all the time.
Any normal that use his chainsaw has no hurtbox from what I can tell. B2 gets you frozen because unfortunately he moves forward with the chainsaw.

Try D4, it doesn't move you forward & its special cancelable too.