What's new

General/Other - Leatherface XL The LeatherRealm - Leatherface General Discussion Thread

spliti

Noob
I play both and I think this might be one of his hardest MU's in the game. Killer can't catch her and Pretty Lady can't zone her. I'm planning on getting a better handle on Butcher for it so I'll at least be able to pummel the shit out of her once she gets close.
I need to play vs a mileena with my killer.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I need to play vs a mileena with my killer.
Are you on Live? I'd be glad to give you the XP.

I think she wins, but I also think that if it's a top notch Mil vs a top notch Killer that the Mileena player is not going to be comfortable for a moment of the match, because the both of them are designed to be ballsy and do something crazy to gain momentum. Killer is always one reckless swing of the saw away from changing the tide, especially if he has bars.

@A F0xy Grampa , how do you and the EU feel about Face so far?

spliti

Noob
Are you on Live? I'd be glad to give you the XP.

I think she wins, but I also think that if it's a top notch Mil vs a top notch Killer that the Mileena player is not going to be comfortable for a moment of the match, because the both of them are designed to be ballsy and do something crazy to gain momentum. Killer is always one reckless swing of the saw away from changing the tide, especially if he has bars.

@A F0xy Grampa , how do you and the EU feel about Face so far?
Ok, I'm gonna message you when I get on

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
With the changes to Leatherface's F4 it appears that the opponent can block before Leatherface can follow up with an attack, at least outside of the corner. I had the AI do this to me a few times today and I'm not sure if I was slow on the follow up or if this is just the new normal.

Anyone else noticed this or tested it? Seems like it changes several combos that relied on the restand of F4 (for example continuing after an exDF4 reversal). I'm curious about others' results.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
With the changes to Leatherface's F4 it appears that the opponent can block before Leatherface can follow up with an attack, at least outside of the corner. I had the AI do this to me a few times today and I'm not sure if I was slow on the follow up or if this is just the new normal.

Anyone else noticed this or tested it? Seems like it changes several combos that relied on the restand of F4 (for example continuing after an exDF4 reversal). I'm curious about others' results.
I can test it now, just tell me what you want me to do.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
I can test it now, just tell me what you want me to do.
Basically just exDF4 F4 BS1. I think that covers the most obvious follow-ups. You can also just test F4 followed by any other quick moves and run-ins.

I didn't test it extensively yet myself, just noticed the AI was blocking when I did happen to use it. If F4 can't be followed by quick moves it seems to lose much of its purpose to me.

BS1 and Df4 no longer connect after f4 mid combo, however they still combo off of standing 3. His previous 1 bar 45% bnb off of f212 will still yield 43% for 1 bar if u substitue 3 for f4. His old 51% 2bar bnb no longer works, ive been switching it up by doing f212,3 exDf4,f12 bs1mb, 12bd4, j1 f12 db1 for 47% 2bar (typing off the top of my head right now, may have to throw in a njp after bs1 if that didn't yield 47, though it seems a njp in late combo has even more gravity now)

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
BS1 and Df4 no longer connect after f4 mid combo, however they still combo off of standing 3. His previous 1 bar 45% bnb off of f212 will still yield 43% for 1 bar if u substitue 3 for f4. His old 51% 2bar bnb no longer works, ive been switching it up by doing f212,3 exDf4,f12 bs1mb, 12bd4, j1 f12 db1 for 47% 2bar (typing off the top of my head right now, may have to throw in a njp after bs1 if that didn't yield 47, though it seems a njp in late combo has even more gravity now)
Thanks for the info. Does S3 restand like F4? It isn't a huge loss, but it really takes away the utility of F4; it was my go to after an exDF4 reversal.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
So 3 doesn't restand but it does keep them juggling very well. In my previous example of the exDF4 reversal you can follow with 3 F1 BS2 for a restand, or 3 F12 BS1ex for a launcher. The big difference now is that high gravity applies after BS1ex so you can't follow with an NJP.

So my examples would look like:
Restand) exDF4 3 F1xxBS2
Launcher) exDF4 3 F12xxBS1ex Finisher

For the finish on the launcher I would go 12xxBD4 run 4 DB1, or I would do the 12xxBD4 F2xxBS4 cancel game.

So really most of the same stuff is doable as before, just with minor tweaks. Still can't figure out the use of a 21f restand that you can't combo out of, though, especially when every other move seems to have a hard knockdown.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Is there some sort of special requirement for LF's Xray brutal? It seems to activate randomly 4 me, of course, I am always holding down during it so I don't understand what the problem is.

Kokoko

Somehow
Is there some sort of special requirement for LF's Xray brutal? It seems to activate randomly 4 me, of course, I am always holding down during it so I don't understand what the problem is.
Press "down" and THEN L2+R2. Also you don't need to hold d after the first hit of X-ray

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
I've honestly never even tried his X-ray as his one bar Combos do significatly more damage than it does. Any special button presses? I can test it out.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
It's been some time after the latest patch, adaptations are showing in the forums so, few questions because I've stuck with the mallet for too long and I'm in the darkness with the other two

Is there a dominant variation? Is it killer?

Is variation counterpicking a thing for little leatherface, are there matchups that change dramatically from this... or a secondary is needed?

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
It's been some time after the latest patch, adaptations are showing in the forums so, few questions because I've stuck with the mallet for too long and I'm in the darkness with the other two

Is there a dominant variation? Is it killer?

Is variation counterpicking a thing for little leatherface, are there matchups that change dramatically from this... or a secondary is needed?
I haven't used the other variations besides Killer in any major way. If I had to guess I'd say Killer is top, followed by Pretty Lady, but the match up would dictate things a bit.

I just don't see what Butcher offers over Killer after the changes. Killer is pretty adaptable, but can get zoned out pretty bad. Up close and mid range Killer is very, very good. He can get the opponent in the corner from mid-stage with one combo, and can utilize Berserker stance for fake-outs, restands, and mix-ups on a dime. The patch left Killer almost completely unaffected, except that F4 has to be replaced by 3 in some instances.

Pretty Lady seems to be unaffected by the patch, and Butcher seems like it was the most affected. I could be wrong though.

Hidan

I haven't used the other variations besides Killer in any major way. If I had to guess I'd say Killer is top, followed by Pretty Lady, but the match up would dictate things a bit.

I just don't see what Butcher offers over Killer after the changes. Killer is pretty adaptable, but can get zoned out pretty bad. Up close and mid range Killer is very, very good. He can get the opponent in the corner from mid-stage with one combo, and can utilize Berserker stance for fake-outs, restands, and mix-ups on a dime. The patch left Killer almost completely unaffected, except that F4 has to be replaced by 3 in some instances.
Interesting, especially the fact that pretty lady fairs better than butcher in your eyes, I thought pretty lady was the worse.
Some exp I can give you on butcher in return is a list of pros and cons I made the other day to distinguish their uses

Butcher:
Pros
1) meterless dmg + restands
2) 3 different reversals
3) 33/33/33%
4) close in - advancing
5) corner pressure
6) situational guaranteed punishes
Cons
7) no zoning, mediocre anti-zoning
8) tough spacing

Killer:
Pros
1) hit confirms with bars
2) safe blocks and whiffs with cancels and bars
3) cancel pressure
4) close in - advancing
5) anti-zoning
Cons
6) bad reversals

Pretty Lady:
Pros
1) zoning
2) keep away
Cons
3) bad reversals

apparently there is more to pretty lady, have played only a couple casual matches just to feel how it works

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
Interesting, especially the fact that pretty lady fairs better than butcher in your eyes, I thought pretty lady was the worse.
Some exp I can give you on butcher in return is a list of pros and cons I made the other day to distinguish their uses

Butcher:
Pros
1) meterless dmg + restands
2) 3 different reversals
3) 33/33/33%
4) close in - advancing
5) corner pressure
6) situational guaranteed punishes
Cons
7) no zoning, mediocre anti-zoning
8) tough spacing

Killer:
Pros
1) hit confirms with bars
2) safe blocks and whiffs with cancels and bars
3) cancel pressure
4) close in - advancing
5) anti-zoning
Cons
6) bad reversals

Pretty Lady:
Pros
1) zoning
2) keep away
Cons
3) bad reversals

apparently there is more to pretty lady, have played only a couple casual matches just to feel how it works
My analysis of Butcher and Pretty Lady is very minimal. I only put Pretty Lady above Butcher because Butcher seems weaker than Killer, and Pretty Lady covers Killer's weakneses.

Hidan

My analysis of Butcher and Pretty Lady is very minimal. I only put Pretty Lady above Butcher because Butcher seems weaker than Killer, and Pretty Lady covers Killer's weakneses.
No, you are right, you actually explained it to me without noticing it. You said killer went through the patch almost unaffected. Same goes for pretty lady, but that reminded me that what they did to butcher was uncalled for. He was meant to be played like a leech, but they took this away along with his sweet punish... I'm changing masks, where is mommy's

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
No, you are right, you actually explained it to me without noticing it. You said killer went through the patch almost unaffected. Same goes for pretty lady, but that reminded me that what they did to butcher was uncalled for. He was meant to be played like a leech, but they took this away along with his sweet punish... I'm changing masks, where is mommy's
I was waiting until after the patch to get into Butcher. I believed that Killer would get worked over due to the ridiculous 48% one bar combos, and I would sorrowfully move on to Butcher as a replacement.

Instead they took away almost everything I found appealing about Butcher (6f command grab sounded soooo fun), and just barely tweaked Killer.

I will say that the Killer nerf was an example of an ideal negative adjustment. It didn't change the play at all, just made it slightly easier to escape the worst of the combos. They still connect, however, and it still takes effort to avoid them. It was a true balance adjustment rather than a change.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
What 1 bar 48% combo could killer do?
Not a true combo, as there is a gap, but the F12xxBS1ex ........ F2xxBS4. Since 90% of people can't seem to avoid it it's essentially a combo.

It almost becomes more dangerous if they know how to dodge it because then you can mix-up into another full combo.