What's new

General/Other - Kitana XL Kitana General Discussion

ABake

Bum Kitana Main
Frame data says it's -10 on block. Which variation of Kotal you usually fight against? If that's War god, try to fuzzy guard his OH/low sword. It's pretty hard but most of the time Kotal will go for OH because d4 already hits low. She can punish both OH/low sword easily with reversal BF3, she can also full combo punish with 21 but sometimes there's huge push back after OH/low sword so 21 won't reach. Just practice this. Against Sun god, try to read a tick throw to back dash or armor. Back dash after d4 is safer
It was War God, I mastered that MU and can usually reversal his b14 before having to guess on the OH/Lo. But then he broke Sun God out on me in tournament play yesterday and reset me 3-0 and then took GF 3-1. I couldn't DP between his buttons. Guess I'll just have to work on NJ/backdashing after the d4.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I recorded some matches with a kotal player I ran into. I can post it if you want. Sun God and war God were used and I was assassin

HappyPow

Noob
Yo! I want to know, what is her best damage so far in the corner? 1bar, I've hot a 50% (maybe lightly more) from B1. Mid-screen? Meterless and 1 bar? I've seen what scales so how I need to know how much I need to surpass (in terms of damages) with practicable combos. (Royal Storm)

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

Yo! I want to know, what is her best damage so far in the corner? 1bar, I've hot a 50% (maybe lightly more) from B1. Mid-screen? Meterless and 1 bar? I've seen what scales so how I need to know how much I need to surpass (in terms of damages) with practicable combos. (Royal Storm)
You're hitting 50% with Royal storm in the corner? Highest I've done is 48%. I know she gets 50% on assassin.

Midscreen, b1 gets 36% I believe and 42% with bar in RS. It's more damaging in assassin.

HappyPow

Noob
Yeah 50% or more (Royal Storm), I just discovered something else that might increase the amount of damages. Unfortunatly, I'm not used to Kitana's timings (example, I struggle with her ji3 fan after the Storm xD). 36% from B1? Ok. What about F112 fan meterless?
Thank you btw.

xKhaoTik

Yeah 50% or more (Royal Storm), I just discovered something else that might increase the amount of damages. Unfortunatly, I'm not used to Kitana's timings (example, I struggle with her ji3 fan after the Storm xD). 36% from B1? Ok. What about F112 fan meterless?
Thank you btw.
Please post lol.

And I believe 34%. F112 fan, jk fan, run r43, 21 lift, njp, run 3 ass. Again, it's more damaging in assassin.

Jk fan is easy to do. Don't rush it. Just hit with the kick then do fan.

HappyPow

Noob
Please post lol.

And I believe 34%. F112 fan, jk fan, run r43, 21 lift, njp, run 3 ass. Again, it's more damaging in assassin.

Haha I will post it. So yeah def 50% or more (I've hit a 49% that is a lower version of the entire combo, thanks to a friend). 34%... seems hard to get better from that.
Thanks for the tips!

Please post lol.

"Run 3 ass." What's the ass.? And "run r43" what is the r before 43?

HappyPow

Noob
Hum... So I'm on assassin with my buddie and so far with buffs : 47% meterless from F1, he did 61% 1bar... It seems like most of the big stuff has already been found huh?

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

Hum... So I'm on assassin with my buddie and so far with buffs : 47% meterless from F1, he did 61% 1bar... It seems like most of the big stuff has already been found huh?
Yea midscreen she does 47%no bar with sharpen and 58% with a bar.

49% in the corner and 63 with a bar

xKhaoTik

So who does Kitana beat? Who does she lose to?

I honestly feel like she can compete with anybody and can win.

Except Predator. Just fuck him.

Espio

Kokomo
So who does Kitana beat? Who does she lose to?

I honestly feel like she can compete with anybody and can win.

Except Predator. Just fuck him.

This is not an exhaustive list and is focused around RS/Assassin, more observations than anything.

I think she beats Cyrax, Cyber Sub-Zero, Kung Lao, Tanya, Jason, Bo Rai Cho and maybe Kenshi.

Up in the air or even(mostly even in this list): Mileena, Goro, Reptile, Ermac, Kung Jin, Jacqui etc.

I think Jax, Johnny, Predator, Sub-Zero, D'Vorah, CT Kano, Scorpion and Takeda can give her some trouble. Not saying terribly so, but a lot of them take advantage of her flaws really well. Good anti-zoning options, lot of low profiling and so on.

I'd say she's solid, but very fair and that there aren't any characters she outright destroys.