What's new

General/Other - Kitana XL Kitana General Discussion

Ex sharpen, f112 fan, jump kick fan, run f11 lift, f11 assassin strike

Ex sharpen, f1 ex fan, f11 fan, jump kick fan, f11 lift, f11 assassin strike

On another note, am I the only one who doesn't mind Takeda? I'd rather fight him than mileena lol
Thanks, I keep missing the f11 after the run or I'll sometimes end up on the other side of my opponent, do you continue to hold forward after the run while hitting 11 or do you stop the run then press f11? Also can this be done by just dashing instead of running? Seems like a dash would also work.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Thanks, I keep missing the f11 after the run or I'll sometimes end up on the other side of my opponent, do you continue to hold forward after the run while hitting 11 or do you stop the run then press f11? Also can this be done by just dashing instead of running? Seems like a dash would also work.
I really don't know tbh lol. It's all muscle memory. I'll do it when I get home and I'll let you know.

Think I got it, you run and keep pressing forward into the 11>lift. And yea I think you can just dash instead of run. I don't understand something though, after the f11>lift if I jump punch and do her X-ray its a total of 20 hits and it does 37% damage, but her X-ray alone is 10 hits and does 35% damage, why is this?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Think I got it, you run and keep pressing forward into the 11>lift. And yea I think you can just dash instead of run. I don't understand something though, after the f11>lift if I jump punch and do her X-ray its a total of 20 hits and it does 37% damage, but her X-ray alone is 10 hits and does 35% damage, why is this?
forward jump attacks reduce the damage of next hits to 90%. Neutral jump punch reduces the damage of next hits to 80%

I hate fighting agaist Kotal Kahn. It's like i'm hitting a solid wall haha. What do you guys like to use against crossups with Kitana? Especially against Sub-Zero

xKhaoTik

But for crossups?! She always go to the contraty side the oponent is crossing me.
What do you mean?

Kitana is easily one of the best characters when it comes to blowing up crossups. The moment they jump, they eat a rising blade. If you don't have meter, d1 or Assassin/Mournful lift are good options as well

But seriously, ex rising blades has to be top 5 when it comes to anti crossovers lol

Last edited:

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I hate fighting agaist Kotal Kahn. It's like i'm hitting a solid wall haha. What do you guys like to use against crossups with Kitana? Especially against Sub-Zero
If they try the annoying "jump over you a million times making you yell WTF are you doing" game while you block, just hit them with a S1 to anti air and proceed with a full combo punish. If you're unsure if it'll connect, just do rising blades. They'll learn to stop doing it, but I've had players never learn and constantly get blown up by it.

xKhaoTik

I still think RS is her best. Assassin is really good now too. Mournful got nerfed so it's the weakest of the 3 now imo, but it's still good nonetheless.

All 3 variations are now viable. That's all we pretty much wanted tbh

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Is there a reason why assassin gets more damage over royal storm, not counting the sharpen?

Seems assassin gets at least 2-3% more I'm combos

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Is there a reason why assassin gets more damage over royal storm, not counting the sharpen?

Seems assassin gets at least 2-3% more I'm combos
If you are using lift, it scales less in assassin / mournful. If you even use lift in RS combos (which most do), you will automatically do less.

Espio

Kokomo
Assassin and Royal Storm are probably tied now so it comes down to the defensive style you want to play Kitana as and if you like looking at giant Mount Rushmore chins or not.

Mournful is now the worst by virtue of Assassin getting significantly better and the nerf to it. All are useable at the moment though.

xKhaoTik

Everyone has an oki game. Some are just better than others.

Hers is decent. Parry, f334, 21, f11 and xray are what I mainly use

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Does kitana have any oki game?
"Float mixup"
It's very funny though. Many characters in this game have limited wakeup options: all whiff if Kitana (and everyone else) neutral jump on a knockdown.
You can try this on Mileena, Erron Black, Tanya, Sonya....
Other characters actually have 1 wakeup that beats neutral jump, but it's not their best armor so they sometimes "forget" to use that: Johnny, Tanya, Jason, Jacqui....

Lol loosing to kotal as an assassin player means you lost to yourself, kotal cant abuse the long normals because you can use your parry in the neutral, I wanted to smash my screen when I saw KP loosing to Blood god, he did so many mistakes.