What's new

General/Other - Cyber Sub-Zero XL Cyber Sub-Zero Discussion Thread

vicious1024

Does it matter?
Yea it is, but I feel like when I try to follow up attack I get hit a lot of times and then they're out of the low bomb range I dropped.
I don't think there is a way to guaruntee a follow-up to the bomb setup yet. The setup is safe, but you have to condition them to sit there.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Haven't been able to put much time into him yet so I was just wondering a couple things?
1. What are your wake-up options with him? Does he have any armored ones?
2. How are you making blocked strings safe?

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Haven't been able to put much time into him yet so I was just wondering a couple things?
1. What are your wake-up options with him? Does he have any armored ones?
2. How are you making blocked strings safe?
1. Pretty sure EX-slide is your only armored move.

2. The idea seems to be that you don't, not with a special at least.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I've seen a ton of combo videos, sifted through discussions and did lab work but I'm still struggling with the base gameplay/plan with him which is a first. There any vids of skilled people playing him? I played last night and it didn't seem solid at all. If I hit them for a combo or setup that's great but my problem was actually hitting them. One dude blocked a lot of bombs and setups outright by just ducking or fuzzy guarding bombs/overheads. Kinda need to get a better grasp of his neutral game and pokes.

Never had this kinda "trouble" with any of my other characters I've used. Also trying to figure out if he's more of an aggressive character or if he's more patient/defensive mixed with traps.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I've seen a ton of combo videos, sifted through discussions and did lab work but I'm still struggling with the base gameplay/plan with him which is a first. There any vids of skilled people playing him? I played last night and it didn't seem solid at all. If I hit them for a combo or setup that's great but my problem was actually hitting them. One dude blocked a lot of bombs and setups outright by just ducking or fuzzy guarding bombs/overheads. Kinda need to get a better grasp of his neutral game and pokes.
I was watching a few streams where guys already had him down, including one from here where ZigZag used him, and I think it comes down to this. He's the most aggressive variation of Triborg with the most combo options, but he has the least options when it comes to mobility and simple offense. I think our initial thoughts that he was overpowered have yet to achieve validation. Triborg, as a whole, is very good - but Cyber Sub is no better than any of his other variations, just different.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
He's definitely more of a patient trap character than an aggressor.
Any links to vids by chance? And maybe that's why I've been having trouble. In my whole MK career I don't think I've played uber-patient/trap characters (with the exception of MK2 scorpion and sub zero) but so far in MKX I've used Scorpion, Then Tanya/Predator. I may need to re-evaluate how to play the neutral as I'm starting to think I'm used to being aggressive which is why I have trouble. He for user didn't see to have any momentum normals. I just scared people with bombs

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Any links to vids by chance? And maybe that's why I've been having trouble. In my whole MK career I don't think I've played uber-patient/trap characters (with the exception of MK2 scorpion and sub zero) but so far in MKX I've used Scorpion, Then Tanya/Predator. I may need to re-evaluate how to play the neutral as I'm starting to think I'm used to being aggressive which is why I have trouble. He for user didn't see to have any momentum normals. I just scared people with bombs

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
How is CSZ neutral game? Do you rushdown or zone out your opponent until your opportunity come? We need answers CSZ mains.

-thank you

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
So with The drone out 212 becomes special cancable. Someone know a way to make this viable somehow?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
So with The drone out 212 becomes special cancable. Someone know a way to make this viable somehow?
212 EX freeze combos mid screen

212 bomb in the corner. Looks like a hard knockdown. Is this the hidden tech

EDIT: guess not. Knockdown is shorter than 1112 and bomb doesn't come out if you used freeze in the combo.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
212 EX freeze combos mid screen

212 bomb in the corner. Looks like a hard knockdown. Is this the hidden tech

EDIT: guess not. Knockdown is shorter than 1112 and bomb doesn't come out if you used freeze in the combo.
Yeah 212 ex freeze is what I thought as well. Couldn't find anything viable beside that though.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
@SaltShaker since we're on this

did some more looking at it and it seems less than stellar. It not allowing a drone if you used freeze in combo is a deal breaker.

I don't get why it's not allowed when Cyrax has it, unless it's because Cyrax has it that he can't. I don't see a use for using drone on 212 otherwise.

@YOMI REO sorry to drag you across TYM but figured you might want to know.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@SaltShaker since we're on this

did some more looking at it and it seems less than stellar. It not allowing a drone if you used freeze in combo is a deal breaker.

I don't get why it's not allowed when Cyrax has it, unless it's because Cyrax has it that he can't. I don't see a use for using drone on 212 otherwise.

@YOMI REO sorry to drag you across TYM but figured you might want to know.
Damn, that's a bummer. It would've game some extra utility for sure. It's all good though, any shot is worth a shot!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
CSZ and I are about to have something in common. Robotic hands.

Because Ima need them after playing with this guy lol.