What's new

General/Other - Cyber Sub-Zero XL Cyber Sub-Zero Discussion Thread

RYX

BIG PUSHER
probably gonna need to figure out how to incorporate bombs into it.

CSZ has a lot of overheads to compliment them being lows, I can see some hard-to-block set ups coming around

Mikotto

Boon Pls.
should probably be ending Bnbs with bomb instead of Slide?

edit: apparently you can't wtf
Yeah, you can't throw a bomb out if you froze them in the combo I think.

Most I've got from a midscreen meterless low starter is 27% with b3u4xd4, njp, f12+4

There is certainly room for more damage in there, and can spend a bar to extend the combo

dwz_mk9

I could do this all day...
Found a "cool" setup in the corner. B3, U4 xx close dive kick, 1 1 4 xx close bomb, B2. Tell me what you guys think!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
hey, so, does cyber sub seem kinda worryingly strong to anyone else?
Ruthless Ferra/Torr does 70% combos, 55% 1 bar midscreen, and still isn't rebalanced. A-List Johnny is still +15 when he throws out a near half screen reaching high priority 11f mid that can be cancelled on whiff. Etc.

I'd say he CSZ isn't overpowering anyone.

Aramonde

Noob
Man this character is sick! My friend is so happy because we had epic Quan vs Cyber sub matches in mk9 and hes way better than mk9 cyb sub. His dive kicks are hard to punish because he lands so far away.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Man this character is glacius if glacius had mobility. I am loving this.

Been theorying up combos with him, but played some matches against my friend and wow Cyber Sub is amazing at keepaway. B2 cancel is a free (well half stamina bar) fast mobility backdash that can go into a low bomb for pressure. Once you have a bomb out you have the threat of both your DB4 slide and F3 slide which will link into the bomb. On top of that you have your F2 which on hit will knock them back full screen. F2 seems absolutely amazing, people are going to DESPISE me because of this move.

Cyber sub may just turn out to be the hardest character to get in on in the entire game.

Things I noticed though: he seemed lacking in the neutral game. People are discussing throwing out B3U4 but that move is beyond terrible on crouch block since it will whiff entirely leaving you more open than a mileena roll. His B3 really doesn't have many solid options in the neutral so its definitely more of a mixup tool. B3D4U3 is probably the only thing I'll use from it in the neutral game, and surprisingly it doesn't have a gap. F43 has a huge gap as well so after a week or so that will start to get blown up. Luckily, F12 is amazing and combos on hit into slide which gets you either back to fullscreen or a free drone.

B2xx is honestly the best thing ever though, so much mind games and utility.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Really struggling at the start of matches and i the neutral. I know this will get better as time goes on with this character as its only day 1. What are you guys doing to avoid getting low profiles? And how are you spending your meter? I tend to have a shit ton and use it just to break, or for ex drone summon or something.
Also @SaltShaker it concerns me that you chose CSZ, seeing as all of your characters get nerfed into oblivion im feeling worried about my boy sub. They are already coming after him i can feel it :DOGE

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Just found the following brutality: Freeze someone with ice ball, then use drone-enhanced EX ice ball on them while they are frozen.