What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho XL Bo' Rai Cho General Discussion Thread

Hiyomoto

Noob
Funny you mention that, I was practicing the cancel into throw. It will definitely be viable. I'm sure more dirt will be found...I just dont believe these "mixups" should mean he has so many gaps in his strings. But hey, time will tell right?

He also made reference to wave dashing using the cancel...So we'll have to see what comes of that.
Personally, I believe that cancel is a pretty strong tool. Basically condition them into not expecting it then actually go for his 21% grab off the overhead or low.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Personally, I believe that cancel is a pretty strong tool. Basically condition them into not expecting it then actually go for his 21% grab off the overhead or low.
Right. Learning the spacing of his dopey run will be the key there. Have to see how pokeable F3 really is though.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
What?? No mid worth using after restand? What about B14 into db1? Its 7.25% of guaranteed chip right after restands. Honestly think Bartitsu is the underdog rn. You also have df2 which catches most pokes if spaced properly.
Eh? The restand is +9, B14 isn't guaranteed. Also B14 has a gap. Nothing of what you've just said is guaranteed lol. DF2 is slow as all hell as well.

Youphemism

Random gimmick I've been using: doing a combo into fart into jip 41 or 413 then throwing since they have quick recovery. Not sure how well it'll work as time goes on but meh lol

Hiyomoto

Noob
Eh? The restand is +9, B14 isn't guaranteed. Also B14 has a gap. Nothing of what you've just said is guaranteed lol. DF2 is slow as all hell as well.
It does not have a gap at perfect range. Chip gimmicks have been working well. Apologies for the misinformation.

Youphemism

It does not have a gap at perfect range. Chip gimmicks have been working well. Apologies for the misinformation.
It's cool man, we've all done it at one point. Yeah from max range it doesn't, but unfortunately the area for doing that without there either being a gap or the 4 whiffing is a bit small :( I think once people realise Bartitsu doesn't have anything to continue substantial pressure and people option select Bo's stuff like Erron's 21122 ticks then we'll see him drop a LOT. Paulo's reasoning for him being so unsafe and having so many gaps is that he's a "walking blender" but the risk reward is like 75/25 half the time.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
It's cool man, we've all done it at one point. Yeah from max range it doesn't, but unfortunately the area for doing that without there either being a gap or the 4 whiffing is a bit small :( I think once people realise Bartitsu doesn't have anything to continue substantial pressure and people option select Bo's stuff like Erron's 21122 ticks then we'll see him drop a LOT. Paulo's reasoning for him being so unsafe and having so many gaps is that he's a "walking blender" but the risk reward is like 75/25 half the time.
For the uninitiated, "at max range" refers to the 4 in B1,4. I've been finding out that in the heat of combat, there's no finding the perfect range. You throw it out when you can and try to hit confirm B1 which is kind of a bitch at considering you only get 17 frames to see it hit and react with either 4~combo, or DF2.

The gap is fucking ridiculous. Are you guys aware of any other strings that lose their gap depending on range?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
i did some testing tonight. BRC's f3 cancel wave dashes aren't any faster than his standard run.

It has its uses, but getting it faster isn't one of them.

His mobility sucks so bad, I was really hoping it would.

After spending a few days with DB, I'm noticing that when he does manage to get in, his mixup game is pretty ferocious (except the glaring gaps in his strings), but trying to get in on guys like Triborg, etc. is a test in patience. Anyone have any tips for BRC's neutral game? JIP can only work so much lol.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
After spending a few days with DB, I'm noticing that when he does manage to get in, his mixup game is pretty ferocious (except the glaring gaps in his strings), but trying to get in on guys like Triborg, etc. is a test in patience. Anyone have any tips for BRC's neutral game? JIP can only work so much lol.
DD4 to give them something to thing about at a distance. Use EX farts to cut off part of the stage and force them closer to a corner. I'm not sure if DB has access to B4 into meditate so you can roll and cover a lot of ground whilst evading most attacks if times right. You have an EX fireball that travels aswell, right? Use that. I think the idea is just to use his tools to try and force mistakes and give the opponent something else to think about instead of just sitting full screen at their leisure, once you get into D4 range you're good to go.

I've only played DM so I don't have a lot of knowledge on what DB gains.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Hey, folks. As most of us know, Bo's MB Sumo Stomp OTGs, like most MB ground pounds. As we also know, most ground pounds had their damage scaled when used in a combo. Poor Tremor only gets 3%-7% off his MB ground pound during a B&B.

Well, Bo's seems to not scale heavily. Regardless of when it was used in a combo, it seems to do 11%. I've got a video demonstrating, but I won't embed it:

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWKOD_OrHoU

This seems to be universal to all variations. So, after a meterless combo, you can tack on a good chunk of damage. Using a one bar combo and then a MB stomp usually results in 50%, and if you're using Drunken Master, you can cancel the stomp into a drink.

Sorry if I'm late with this info.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Hey, folks. As most of us know, Bo's MB Sumo Stomp OTGs, like most MB ground pounds. As we also know, most ground pounds had their damage scaled when used in a combo. Poor Tremor only gets 3%-7% off his MB ground pound during a B&B.

Well, Bo's seems to not scale heavily. Regardless of when it was used in a combo, it seems to do 11%. I've got a video demonstrating, but I won't embed it:

This seems to be universal to all variations. So, after a meterless combo, you can tack on a good chunk of damage. Using a one bar combo and then a MB stomp usually results in 50%, and if you're using Drunken Master, you can cancel the stomp into a drink.

Shhhhhh, this is the kind of stuff that should be PMd :DOGE

JaeTea

Noob
Hwas used in a combo, it seems to do 11%. I've got a video demonstrating, but I won't embed it:

Last combo is money, gotta lab that. I can't RC for shit.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
What is this council you speak of?

In any case I haven't seen one mentioned anywhere.
They're basically just a big PM full of all the players of a certain character. Good for theory crafting and developing tech before showing it to the masses and just generally getting help with the character.

kevkopdx

Noob
jesus, is it just me or is bartitsu the biggest struggle?? what is everyone using for armor? or reversals? or counter? or anything? he hits hard when you get in, but fuck, he feels like he needs an armored launcher :( i feel defeated with any decent zoner, his start up frames suck

Youphemism

jesus, is it just me or is bartitsu the biggest struggle?? what is everyone using for armor? or reversals? or counter? or anything? he hits hard when you get in, but fuck, he feels like he needs an armored launcher :( i feel defeated with any decent zoner, his start up frames suck
It's pretty hard unless you actually somehow manage to get in and stay in. One right guess from your opponent is 40% back to full screen :| Armoured moves are DF1EX, DF2EX, DB3EX from the top of my head. Might be more that I forgot lol

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Bo's strings with gaps ("{}"):

1) b23{}3;
2) f2{}1;
3) 34{}1;
4) b3{}(1+3);
5) f3{}(1+3);
6) 4{}1.

For Bartitsu:

1) b1{}4 (only on very close range);
2) f11{}2;
3) f2{}1.

In Drunken Master Bo has a gap in db1 (only on 2nd and 3rd level)