What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho XL Bo' Rai Cho General Discussion Thread

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Getting beat down by acidic aliens everywhere using Bo.. Anyone having the same issues getting in?
He doesn't really have a way of getting in other than being patient. Once he's in he cant really do much either though because his neutral and rushdown game is abysmal lol.
I'm gonna try bartitsu tonight, hopefully it's better than the other 2 variations.

zoofs

bless
im assuming people know that if you ex fireball from semi far away and sprint in you can jail s1 or a lot of other things easily

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
He doesn't really have a way of getting in other than being patient. Once he's in he cant really do much either though because his neutral and rushdown game is abysmal lol.
I'm gonna try bartitsu tonight, hopefully it's better than the other 2 variations.
the gap in f21 bugs me.... like, a lot

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I soooo wish he had a real legitimate non ex projectile in one of his variations. I was really looking forward to playing him and was hoping for one variation where he would be able to zone / trade from full screen a little. Unfortunately he plays to my weaknesses so I am having a real hard time with him.

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
Seems like that only answer for his gap strings other than F21 is to armour cancel when they start interrupting.

Last edited:

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
Getting beat down by acidic aliens everywhere using Bo.. Anyone having the same issues getting in?
In the drunk variation use sexy pose to roll under projectiles and once you get mid screen ex monkey flips or EX head dive since it goes fullscreen. Or you can trade with near full screen vomit or Ex full screen of you have level 3. A combination of those have been my keys to getting in on zoners in drunk variation at least.

Last edited:

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
So this is how ive approached BRC (DM) so far. Its been going ok i guess. I just gotta lv up

Neutral: f2,1 sexy pose/roll to bait or b2,3,4 because of the push back or stagger 1,1

I punish with 3,4,1

My bnbs usually end with ex fart i.e
341-rc12xxdb4-ji2-413u4-d4xxexfart 29%

Then you got options after exfart
You can go for 50/50
F3 1+3 or B3 1+3 i.e
Starter- ji2- 413u4-njp-111xxfb4 37%
So essentially you get 66% for one bar. You can also loop exfart and keep your opponent in the blender.
Or instead of the 50/50 u can f1 to armor break depending on your position on the screen

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
So this is how ive approached BRC (DM) so far. Its been going ok i guess. I just gotta lv up

Neutral: f2,1 sexy pose/roll to bait or b2,3,4 because of the push back or stagger 1,1

I punish with 3,4,1

My bnbs usually end with ex fart i.e
341-rc12xxdb4-ji2-413u4-d4xxexfart 29%

Then you got options after exfart
You can go for 50/50
F3 1+3 or B3 1+3 i.e
Starter- ji2- 413u4-njp-111xxfb4 37%
So essentially you get 66% for one bar. You can also loop exfart and keep your opponent in the blender.
Or instead of the 50/50 u can f1 to armor break depending on your position on the screen
Why EX fart at then end? It doesn't restand them so it seems like a waste of meter.

Side note; you can use meditate to make the following strings and any of their variations safe
B12
B32
F3

Depending on what you think your opponent will do you can roll back for whiff punish and forward to go back to neural

Probably pretty obvious but I thought I'd throw it out there

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Why EX fart at then end? It doesn't restand them so it seems like a waste of meter.

Side note; you can use meditate to make the following strings and any of their variations safe
B12
B32
F3

Depending on what you think your opponent will do you can roll back for whiff punish and forward to go back to neural

Probably pretty obvious but I thought I'd throw it out there
Yea its suppose to wiff, so you then run up and do the string with the CG and throw them in the fart or armor break if your on the corner with f1.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Hey guys, I finally got a combo down!
There is a catch however: it doesn't work on the whole cast.
341~B32xxfart~244xxDB2. It does 34% for no meter midscreen.
The catch is that it only works on all big man characters (bar Jason), Goro, and quite easily done on Ferra/Torr.
Do:
341~B32xxEXfart~244xxDB2,
to catch everyone else at midscreen.
It works universally as a corner combo, where you could enhance DB2 (in DM), to throw in a D1xxFlying Kick.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I dont understand the design in Bartitsu. You're meant to have this space control with moves like F1, D2, D4 and B1 which is cool, until you dont have life lead and everyone makes you their bitch because of how hard it is to move his fat ass near anyone.

He gets a restand at the end of his combos, but has no mid worth using to continue pressure. You have to use an 11 frame high which is super easy to low poke out of. There's no mixup as his overheads are super easy to see coming, and you should be duck blocking 90% of the time anyway. So slow...

Oh and about that Standing 1....It whiffs on some small to medium hitbox characters who are duck blocking. If it's going to be 11 frames, It probably shouldn't whiff. Make it a mid, or speed it up to 8 frames.

Fastest move that combos is a 10 frame high with a strange hitbox, I guarantee we'll be running into shit all day that we cant punish.

ImAura

Ironic Irony
How efficient is 1212xxbd2, aside from the whiffing issues it comes in handy in a few matchups. Because of the pushback he's in d4/Ex Cartwheel range. I know it's small, but it also advances to catch people running away.

Hiyomoto

Noob
I dont understand the design in Bartitsu. You're meant to have this space control with moves like F1, D2, D4 and B1 which is cool, until you dont have life lead and everyone makes you their bitch because of how hard it is to move his fat ass near anyone.

He gets a restand at the end of his combos, but has no mid worth using to continue pressure. You have to use an 11 frame high which is super easy to low poke out of. There's no mixup as his overheads are super easy to see coming, and you should be duck blocking 90% of the time anyway. So slow...

Oh and about that Standing 1....It whiffs on some small to medium hitbox characters who are duck blocking. If it's going to be 11 frames, It probably shouldn't whiff. Make it a mid, or speed it up to 8 frames.

Fastest move that co is a 10 frame high with a strange hitbox, I guarantee we'll be running into shit all day that we cant punish.
What?? No mid worth using after restand? What about B14 into db1? Its 7.25% of guaranteed chip right after restands. Honestly think Bartitsu is the underdog rn. You also have df2 which catches most pokes if spaced properly.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Was in Brady's stream and Paulo was there. He was asked "Why is BRC has so many gaps and is negative on 90% of his strings" Here is the answer:

The community will catch on to the fact that you can block low 95% of the match and see his 1 overheard starter coming a mile away because it's 26 frames and telegraphed by his dopey run. All of his other overheads, except the 2nd hit in B1 become fairly useless because they are either the last hit in a string, or a single move that knocks down like Kotals B2.

Prepare to be back dashed, and armored all day guys.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
What?? No mid worth using after restand? What about B14 into db1? Its 7.25% of guaranteed chip right after restands. Honestly think Bartitsu is the underdog rn. You also have df2 which catches most pokes if spaced properly.
B14 with it's big ass hole? And DB1 which is -8 and punishable by almost every single member of the kast?

Hiyomoto

Noob
B14 with it's big ass hole? And DB1 which is -8 and punishable by almost every single member of the kast?
Thats where the mind games come in. Easily do B1 into throw. B14 doesn't have a hole at max range and it adds so much pushback that db1 is pretty safe.

Hiyomoto

Noob
Was in Brady's stream and Paulo was there. He was asked "Why is BRC has so many gaps and is negative on 90% of his strings" Here is the answer:

The community will catch on to the fact that you can block low 95% of the match and see his 1 overheard starter coming a mile away because it's 26 frames and telegraphed by his dopey run. All of his other overheads, except the 2nd hit in B1 become fairly useless because they are either the last hit in a string, or a single move that knocks down like Kotals B2.

Prepare to be back dashed, and armored all day guys.
You can cancel his overhead by double tapping down then go for a throw or another mix up.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
You can cancel his overhead by double tapping down then go for a throw or another mix up.
Funny you mention that, I was practicing the cancel into throw. It will definitely be viable. I'm sure more dirt will be found...I just dont believe these "mixups" should mean he has so many gaps in his strings. But hey, time will tell right?

He also made reference to wave dashing using the cancel...So we'll have to see what comes of that.