What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Point blank torpedo is safe, yes, but any other distance gets you a punish with 23, 23, b3, j3, b113. Wakeup teleports can be read by jumping forward or back with a normal on his wakeup. You just have to accept that you won't always be right, which isn't a big deal since he has to take risks to actually get his game started.

Well on torpedo its a free a mix up usually, b2 or 33, or b11 into frame trap.

also the combo 33, 23, b3, j3, insta otg, that way he cant wake up
That OTG is really gimmicky since you can just tech out of it.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Also I dont know if anyone said this, but WW can punish green lanterns might with MB tiara into b113 from a pretty crazy distance but you have to throw the tiara as soon as you can or he'll block it should help alot with that match up atleast i know it will for me lol
Is this for reals? That would be really nice.

DarkPage

Noob
Is this for reals? That would be really nice.
i was testing it practice mode, seems legit to me, but you have to get that mb tiara as soon as possible.
i recorded green lantern doing lanterns might then immediately held back, then tried to punish it from different distances, try it if you need validation.
remember mb tiara as soon as you block it.

DarkPage

Noob
Point blank torpedo is safe, yes, but any other distance gets you a punish with 23, 23, b3, j3, b113. Wakeup teleports can be read by jumping forward or back with a normal on his wakeup. You just have to accept that you won't always be right, which isn't a big deal since he has to take risks to actually get his game started.

That OTG is really gimmicky since you can just tech out of it.
ALSO if they roll out of it as long as your jumping forward on the otg it should still hit them and if its blocked your still at advantage and staying close to them and in range for b2 so not a bad option

Akae47

Noob
So does anyone have a legit match up chart for wonderwoman?

Currently I'm writing a MU chart for WW and when I get some more mu knowledge I will share with the thread. I would love to her the disagreements opinions and critiques when I'm done making a draft lol.

Everyone has to ability to kick start a match up chart/list. Dont just wait on me or someone else to do it.

DarkPage

Noob
I would love to talk about Match ups but nobody is ever in this thread. And im def not qualified enough in to start a new one up cause i can maybe only comment on a few match ups with extended experience

Akae47

Noob
just faced him now ;_;

I played him a while back. He used to avoid me most of the time before. Havent seen him online in a while. His KF is meh. Mind you this was pre-patch KF when her Slide and parry is great. He called me a scrub and sent because I baited and punished his constant sliding with WW air dash j2 into bnb. and baited the parry and punished b2 > Lasso and d3

I hope he gotten better as a player if he still plays the same then you should have no problems with him.

DarkPage

Noob
So does anyone have tips on their personal favorite match ups, like " I always do well against ______ because I ____ " kinda of thing. so we can like use all the tips on the match ups that she is favored in. ( or even Not favored in)

Like basically just Running from bane with air dashing and demigodessing to the other side. until his level 3 runs out.

Tryna throw random down tiara against Lex when he has his trait, unless he is all on your face all the time its a decent strategy especially if does the trait charge cancel dash forward if hes not closes enough to mix up you sometimes or if goes cancels backward but isnt like full screen ill try to catch him by waking up with MB tiara for the two hits to try and knock him out of it, and if hes close enough you can go right into combo.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
So what are the matches that are potentially troublesome for WW?

I could see Aquaman and Green Lantern potentially.

Sinestro, Zod, and MMH are also matchups that I don't undestand well enough but I could see maybe being tough.

Enlighten me.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
So what are the matches that are potentially troublesome for WW?

I could see Aquaman and Green Lantern potentially.

Sinestro, Zod, and MMH are also matchups that I don't undestand well enough but I could see maybe being tough.

Enlighten me.
Imo aquaman, zod , batman, gl are the big ones. I think sinestro is slight advantage WW, mmh even

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Imo aquaman, zod , batman, gl are the big ones. I think sinestro is slight advantage WW, mmh even

I haven't found Batman to be too bad yet. The fact that she can sweep or parry batarangs, then just patiently move in seems pretty good. If he starts rushing you down you can just block it until he opens himself up. His B112 whiffs the 2nd hit a LOT on her for some reason, so you can punish with d1 xx spin, and there's no way that he can jump at you.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Aquaman has trouble against shield stance, as well as certain knockdown setups in Lasso that prevent his water shield wakeup and open him up to 5050s, once he's cornered he is also in a fair bit of trouble against both stances.

Shield stance will probably end up being more trouble for him, since I've just today found out ways to make raw shield charges safe to moves like his F1 and B1, even safe to Supermans F2 AND Flashes 6f flying uppercut.

Its hard for him to open you up so long as you just block low and teach yourself to react to his overheads.
Batman juts D3 all match like a tard, mash 11 while ducking everytime he presses anything other than B23.

Zod I gotta do more homework on, but I did find out that his full screen 5050 doesnt work on her if you're as far back as you can go, so he can only do the overhead unless he MBs the laser.

AK elitegoomba

Yeah aquaman has never personally given me trouble buy in theory I think he wins. I say batman just because with good trait management, and proper bat usage it can be hard to get pressure going on him. Reno has gotten amazing at annihilating me if I ever jump at him, forcing me to a grounded game where I think with trait he is at advantage. Another pesky thing about bats is his ability to get out of the corner all but free with the bomb interactables. Not saying its unwinnable or anything just I definitely think its in his favor.

As for zod... I think he wins because basically he is a good character whos tools are all valid and useful against WW; trait mixups, zoning game, corner escapes, guarenteed interactables, etc etc. Another thing with this MU is that it is one that punishes any mistakes biiiiig time. If you dash into just one jump back zod charge MB you give him full screen with trait and all the bs that comes with it. Not to mention full screen he can trait whenever he wants for free. Also let's not forget his backdash lol

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I never said jump at Batman, you never need to leave the ground. D3 goes under trait anywhere on the screen, so I have no idea what your idea of 'proper' trait management is. It's not like my training partner doesn't main Batman either.

D3 beats all strings bar B23, AND his trait, I've said it so many times, why would you do anything else against Batman until you hit him with it so you can mount offense? Considering he sucks at getting off the ground, there's no way I'd say its his favour.

AK elitegoomba

I never said jump at Batman, you never need to leave the ground. D3 goes under trait anywhere on the screen, so I have no idea what your idea of 'proper' trait management is. It's not like my training partner doesn't main Batman either.

D3 beats all strings bar B23, AND his trait, I've said it so many times, why would you do anything else against Batman until you hit him with it so you can mount offense? Considering he sucks at getting off the ground, there's no way I'd say its his favour.
While d3 is cdrtainly good in this mu it can be punished with a jump in from bats... because of this id say d3 isnt really the end all for him

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Is there any footage of anyone playing WW vs Aquaman recently, in SS? I think FK played an Aquaman at Youmacon but he played it mostly in lasso.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So I'm in training mode right now.

Can we agree that the following things are true about Wonder Woman's sweep?

WW's Sweep:

Name: Leg Takedown
Start-Up Frames: 11
Hit Advantage: 20
Recovery Frames: 23
Block Advantage: -6

It's been said that WW's sweep can shut down most of what Batman can do. Well, I'm here to tell you that it simply is not true.

How do I know?

Well, from up-close, if WW sweeps and Batman blocks it, he can B1. Note, WW can block this. However, because b1 is neutral, you could back dash, cross-up, etc. Now for each of his options, WW has counter-options. It's a situation of reads, so I'm not trying to play my dinosaur eats your dinosaur proof shield nonsense.

Instead, I'm looking at the information and providing what I've found.

So you b1, right? If you have Bats out and you release them AT THE SAME TIME B1 is blocked, the bats will hit her. If she keeps blocking, she will block the bats. But all the shennanigans that apply to blocked trait bats apply here. B23, a cross-up, etc. Now, if you cross-up she could probably sweep again and make it whiff. But you can neutral jump 2 on the way down and catch her while she's sweeping.

This idea that WW can mindlessly sweep simply isn't true. On Sweep's Max range, I was able to B23 after a blocked one every time.

In fact, you can release trait bats as soon as you block sweep from its max range and they will hit her. She can block them, but again, that opens you up to F3 which travels far enough to hit her and is +8, etc.

Batman has answers for WW's sweep, just as she has answers to his normal game.

It's an even match-up.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
I saw in that general discussion tier list thread that goomba thinks WW vs. Lex is 4-6.

Personally I don't see how but can anyone explain? I've played revolver in a random match once or twice and didn't lose either (nor against any lex at that) but I'm thinking a lot of people think his trait shuts her offense down?

Maybe we can grind this match together because any trait attempt is returned with a shield toss. And his gimmicks can't beat IADG.