What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
so what are her bad matchups i stuggle vs sinestro, batman and green latern any advice fot these match ups?

DarkPage

Noob
so what are her bad matchups i stuggle vs sinestro, batman and green latern any advice fot these match ups?
i always say green arrow, no one has disagreed with me yet, my personal most annoying match up but i feel lame tryna counterpick green arrow, so i just try to win it on reads lol

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
just stick to WW and learn the matchup even if it is bad once you feel you can do anything then chosing an alt is an option

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
So uh, you can actually sweep under MMH's wakeup push and get a full combo punish on that too. Just throwing that out there. It might work on Zod's bf3 as well since d3 already beats it, but I haven't been able to check as I don't have him.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
i always forget the d3 lowers her does this work on batman j2? does she recover fast enough to do anything?

DarkPage

Noob
So uh, you can actually sweep under MMH's wakeup push and get a full combo punish on that too. Just throwing that out there. It might work on Zod's bf3 as well since d3 already beats it, but I haven't been able to check as I don't have him.
do you mean like whiff it then into like d12 ex tiara, do you gotta dash up or anything?

DarkPage

Noob
WW destroys green arrow. It's actually pretty bad like 7-3
oh wow really? you mind kinda giving me some basic tips for that match up? cause me personally i feel like theres some things she can do like the obvious d3 the ice arrow, but i feel like he can controls the pace of it

CD jr

Noob
Her bad match ups are aquaman, MMH, and zod. Batman is annoying but I think at high level it might be 5-5 if the WW knows little things in the match up. How can green arrow control the pace in the match up btw? Lol that doesnt even make any sense. B2 has more range than anything he doesn't, he can't abuse jump 3 because d2 anti airs him CLEAN, he can't zone, he does no damage, if he dashes forward to do d1 arrow you can do d12 ex tiara ON REACTION. I don't see how green arrow controls the match at all. I kinda knew the match was bad before playing against green arrow and when I played Chris g it was pretty bad he couldn't win once.

DarkPage

Noob
Her bad match ups are aquaman, MMH, and zod. Batman is annoying but I think at high level it might be 5-5 if the WW knows little things in the match up. How can green arrow control the pace in the match up btw? Lol that doesnt even make any sense. B2 has more range than anything he doesn't, he can't abuse jump 3 because d2 anti airs him CLEAN, he can't zone, he does no damage, if he dashes forward to do d1 arrow you can do d12 ex tiara ON REACTION. I don't see how green arrow controls the match at all. I kinda knew the match was bad before playing against green arrow and when I played Chris g it was pretty bad he couldn't win once.
well i always kinda felt like if ever got the life lead, if he pulls an arrow out and aims it, you cant really approach. like you just have to hold back and react to the either overhead or low, and if you try to IADG he can just shoot you out the air on reaction.

CD jr

Noob
well i always kinda felt like if ever got the life lead, if he pulls an arrow out and aims it, you cant really approach. like you just have to hold back and react to the either overhead or low, and if you try to IADG he can just shoot you out the air on reaction.
Lol no one can punish iadg on reaction come one man. And if he hold an arrow just block? It's very easy to see the low or the overhead I don't know why people still struggle and ice arrow so much.

CD jr

Noob
If WW had a full screen decent projectile she will be the second best in the game free but still lose to aquaman. MMH and ZOD is bad for WW because the can just run away and spam shit all day. MMH buttons are also better than her buttons.

DarkPage

Noob
Lol no one can punish iadg on reaction come one man. And if he hold an arrow just block? It's very easy to see the low or the overhead I don't know why people still struggle and ice arrow so much.
lol i mean its possible these people are just reading me like a book i suppose maybe im being predicatble, but it always seems that they do it on reaction.
yeah its not hard to block but just him threatening with it kinda stops you from moving to wait for what hes gonna do you like with him walking with it and what not. not saying i make the right decisions every time, like ill try to throw a tiara to interrupt and he'll ice arrow down. But just feels like hes kinda dictating how aggressive i can be with my movement

DarkPage

Noob
btw there wouldnt happen to be any footage of those matches or anything is there?

CD jr

Noob
Try this. Go training mode and record the computer to dash forward then crouch block or d1. Try to punish the dash with d12 ex tiara and get used to it I promise no one will ever dash forward towards you.

DarkPage

Noob
Try this. Go training mode and record the computer to dash forward then crouch block or d1. Try to punish the dash with d12 ex tiara and get used to it I promise no one will ever dash forward towards you.
alright. alot of times i mess up d12 tiara like try to do it fast and get d1 up tiara, really upsetting, lose alot of life that way.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Her bad match ups are aquaman, MMH, and zod.

Would you put MMH into a category of MU experience.... or is he just that good already?

The other two I have no qualms over at all. Zod is such douche of a MU.... because he jumps around willy nilly.

Aquaman.... well... we all know. I've tried everything in the book..... he is just hard to fight.

CD jr

Noob
Would you put MMH into a category of MU experience.... or is he just that good already?

The other two I have no qualms over at all. Zod is such douche of a MU.... because he jumps around willy nilly.

Aquaman.... well... we all know. I've tried everything in the book..... he is just hard to fight.
I'm gonna keep my thoughts about MMH to myself cause then people will just blow me up(which I don't care) and say I complain too much. Also aquaman vs WW is 7-3 his favor BUT foxy somehow thinks its even but I'm sure there are no good not even decent aquaman players in the uk so I don't blame him for thinking that

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'm gonna keep my thoughts about MMH to myself cause then people will just blow me up(which I don't care) and say I complain too much. Also aquaman vs WW is 7-3 his favor BUT foxy somehow thinks its even but I'm sure there are no good not even decent aquaman players in the uk so I don't blame him for thinking that
Fair enough

You do have REO as MMH..... and I can see where you're coming from.

But yeah... I agree with Aquaman for sure. You have to be basically reading your opponent 100% to win that MU.