What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

DarkPage

Noob
I saw in that general discussion tier list thread that goomba thinks WW vs. Lex is 4-6.

Personally I don't see how but can anyone explain? I've played revolver in a random match once or twice and didn't lose either (nor against any lex at that) but I'm thinking a lot of people think his trait shuts her offense down?

Maybe we can grind this match together because any trait attempt is returned with a shield toss. And his gimmicks can't beat IADG.
think i saw revolver in a twitch chat say the same thing, i personally have trouble with it too, just my gut feeling to do is try to nail him with tiara either air, or mb. but it doesnt quite seem to work out the way i want too,

but still my strategy alot of times is to wake up with MB tiara when after a knockdown he cancels into trait then dash cancels. unless he is right infront of me of course. but its not that sound of a strategy with probes, and mines n stuff

what do you do?

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
think i saw revolver in a twitch chat say the same thing, i personally have trouble with it too, just my gut feeling to do is try to nail him with tiara either air, or mb. but it doesnt quite seem to work out the way i want too,

but still my strategy alot of times is to wake up with MB tiara when after a knockdown he cancels into trait then dash cancels. unless he is right infront of me of course. but its not that sound of a strategy with probes, and mines n stuff

what do you do?

I find tiara situational and inefficient. Switch to sword and shield. J2 if you're close and shield toss if you aren't. Shield bash against it also works.

That's assuming if they're are no mines out. IADG (instant meaning safe) comes out fast enough to kill his mines and probes on reaction.

And I also play very patiently because Lex has 8,000 holes in his strings and some of them recover horrendously.

If you're good on timing you can block the wakeup and punish or block preemptively and chase with whip if you don't see the charge come out (remember it's not invincible if he doesn't use it as a wakeup)

DarkPage

Noob
I find tiara situational and inefficient. Switch to sword and shield. J2 if you're close and shield toss if you aren't. Shield bash against it also works.

That's assuming if they're are no mines out. IADG (instant meaning safe) comes out fast enough to kill his mines and probes on reaction.

And I also play very patiently because Lex has 8,000 holes in his strings and some of them recover horrendously.

If you're good on timing you can block the wakeup and punish or block preemptively and chase with whip if you don't see the charge come out (remember it's not invincible if he doesn't use it as a wakeup)
oh yeah i did implement IADG away from the probes cause she moves so fast, and they usually move cause thye think they are getting free pressure. Yeah i got a get a hold of SS more. ive been trying to but i think im forcing when i using it and not picking the right situations for it.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I saw in that general discussion tier list thread that goomba thinks WW vs. Lex is 4-6.

Personally I don't see how but can anyone explain? I've played revolver in a random match once or twice and didn't lose either (nor against any lex at that) but I'm thinking a lot of people think his trait shuts her offense down?
wait what? i don't play ranked/player matches much and i know i haven't lost to any wonder woman players. at least in the past 3 months that i can remember.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
wait what? i don't play ranked/player matches much and i know i haven't lost to any wonder woman players. at least in the past 3 months that i can remember.
If you would like to grind out this matchup some I would be happy to play some time. I need some Luthor experience and I would love to become comfortable in the match.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Okay so what do we consider to be WoWo bad matchups at this point?

I have it as MMH a possible 4 6
Zod 4 6

That is honestly all I can think of lol.
Am I missing any?

If we are talking strictly offline play...

Zod is even or in WoWo's favor. Zod cannot rush you down with his trait out. D3 beats his overhead and low starters. B2 or IADG beats reckless dash attempts its all about spacing when the trait is out.
If you can block his stupid eye laser mixups then his trait is more annoying than anything it does not dictate the matchup.

Zod charge is the only move that is difficult but it is highly punishable.

MMH zoning is easy to get around with IADG. You just need to wait for his trait to run out. Avoid jumping and play footsies... you can walk up MMH into the corner. Once you catch him you can just go ham with OTGs.

Green Lantern, Lex, and Bane are difficult.

Lex and Bane because of their armor Green Lantern because B1 is so good and Ring Lift and Jump Rocket are difficult to punish.

DarkPage

Noob
If we are talking strictly offline play...

Zod is even or in WoWo's favor. Zod cannot rush you down with his trait out. D3 beats his overhead and low starters. B2 or IADG beats reckless dash attempts its all about spacing when the trait is out.
If you can block his stupid eye laser mixups then his trait is more annoying than anything it does not dictate the matchup.

Zod charge is the only move that is difficult but it is highly punishable.

MMH zoning is easy to get around with IADG. You just need to wait for his trait to run out. Avoid jumping and play footsies... you can walk up MMH into the corner. Once you catch him you can just go ham with OTGs.

Green Lantern, Lex, and Bane are difficult.

Lex and Bane because of their armor Green Lantern because B1 is so good and Ring Lift and Jump Rocket are difficult to punish.
by the way, just incase you didnt know, if you get it immediately after block. mb tiara can punish GL lift,and can full combo b113 from a pretty impressive distance. its still difficult but just an option.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
You can also meaty b2/33 him out of wake-up Phantom Strike and Zod Charge. He can't wake up at all if you know the timing.

Maybe we can grind this match together because any trait attempt is returned with a shield toss. And his gimmicks can't beat IADG.
For me personally its the damn trait that he charges while moving backwards. Once that trait is up I can be heavily punished for an IADG or for trying to remove the shield with a bracelet toss. I can MB the ground version though, which is useful since it removes the shield, but its totally not safe when read.

The Highlander

There can be only one
For me personally its the damn trait that he charges while moving backwards. Once that trait is up I can be heavily punished for an IADG or for trying to remove the shield with a bracelet toss. I can MB the ground version though, which is useful since it removes the shield, but its totally not safe when read.
Yea, I don't have huge experience in this matchup but from what I know I can see why it is in our favour, the problem is that you have to be very on point to make it so. If you manage to corner him you should take the round, if you allow him to get some momentum with that shield then it can go either way. I fight lex by trying to stay in his face constantly, and by giving him no chance to trait up. I believe that his vacuum thing is so unsafe that b113 punishes it even with his trait up, could be wrong though...

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Yea, I don't have huge experience in this matchup but from what I know I can see why it is in our favour, the problem is that you have to be very on point to make it so. If you manage to corner him you should take the round, if you allow him to get some momentum with that shield then it can go either way. I fight lex by trying to stay in his face constantly, and by giving him no chance to trait up. I believe that his vacuum thing is so unsafe that b113 punishes it even with his trait up, could be wrong though...
Everything Lex does is basically unsafe, and they like to use shield to force WW to move, just play as patient as you would normally and remember that it needs two hits to be effective, don't always rush him and don't always use tiara because they expect that.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Everything Lex does is basically unsafe, and they like to use shield to force WW to move, just play as patient as you would normally and remember that it needs two hits to be effective, don't always rush him and don't always use tiara because they expect that.
Yea to be honest, any time I use tiara it surprises people because of how infrequently I use it but that's more of a personal thing rather than match-up based.

DarkPage

Noob
guys what do i do against hawgirl? is it one of those SS match ups? i cant seem to figure out how to fight effectively

DarkPage

Noob
NJ3 and just j3 deals with a ton of her crap. Remember, she breaks how you want to play...... and j3 covers a ton of area in front of you and below you. It will also allow you to iadg or just demi goddess. You sorta have to play helter skelter against her.
hmm i guess ill try it out. That is somethin i wasnt throwing out at all.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
Murphy is right against hawkgirl just stay midscreen and jump around a shitload. Don't jump at her necessarily cause her d2 will bop you but just look to whiff punish mace charge and we3. Also if you get a lasso grab dash twice then raw b3 will stuff her wakeups free try it in training mode

DarkPage

Noob
Murphy is right against hawkgirl just stay midscreen and jump around a shitload. Don't jump at her necessarily cause her d2 will bop you but just look to whiff punish mace charge and we3. Also if you get a lasso grab dash twice then raw b3 will stuff her wakeups free try it in training mode
Oh wow great tip thanks guys the best people I play are runwaymafia and Espio and they both main hawkgirl so ima apply this stuff next time

DarkPage

Noob
yeah im trying it on mace charge, and it doesnt seem stuff it, does it have to be delayed or

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
No, you do it as soon as possible after the two dashes. I find the timing pretty tight but it should be doable with practice. An alternative to beating mace charge/WE is dashing up and delaying a b2. f3 works too, but I think the timing is the same as using b3.

DarkPage

DarkPage

Noob
No, you do it as soon as possible after the two dashes. I find the timing pretty tight but it should be doable with practice. An alternative to beating mace charge/WE is dashing up and delaying a b2. f3 works too, but I think the timing is the same as using b3.

DarkPage
alright i got the delayed b2 works well but cant seem to get anything off of it. and a nice bait set up, but i cant seem to find the timing for that b3.

EDIT: okay i see now yeah it does seem quite tight