What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

DarkPage

Noob
Dont think he quite understood your post, cause what he just wrote is seriously wrong.
Foxy man i feel like you're the best wonderwoman out there i started playing her after i saw you fight reos scorp and those sets with tom brady, and PL so id really like to hear your opinion on the green arrow match up which is by far the hardest character for me, what am i doing wrong?

McNasty

Moist.
What does Wonderwoman do about Aquaman?
if they are trident happy jumping airdashing and late demi goddess might works pretty well. If they are trying to use the range on his normals thats fine because b2 snuffs it. Since a lot of his damage comes from MB combos the clash is almost always in your favor. As for his trait if he uses it ill just try and stay in with b1/33 pressure or tick throw to kill the time on his trait. If he traits up before the launch in b113 be sure to trait into bf3~mb to maintain pressure on him.

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
when doing 33 is d12 after that a frametrap because when i try to do it i get hit first.
and when foxy ends his combos with d3 and dashes to do 33, does that stop wake ups because i have yet to see him get punished for it

when doing 33 is d12 after that a frametrap because when i try to do it i get hit first.
and when foxy ends his combos with d3 and dashes to do 33, does that stop wake ups because i have yet to see him get punished for it

I believe D3 is untechable finish so they can't wake up. All they can really do is block.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Hey guys! Are there any Match up charts in here... Or something? I learned the character, use her etc... But now i gotta learn every match up, and i would like to see which are on my favor, etc. Thanks

4x4lo8o

Noob
I believe D3 is untechable finish so they can't wake up. All they can really do is block.
d3 is untechable, but that only means they can't tech roll, not that they can't wake up. He's probably either trained them not to wake up after the d3 finisher by using the ground smash otg or they're just messing up the timing of their wake up

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Nightwing. What's um...what's the dealio here? Good? Bad? Haven't used WW on him, so while I can fight him with others, I don't know what to look out for with her.

I hear her SS is a must when he's in staff. For what, just a D1 contest? The Nightwing in particular is adept in that stance, and not due to those tactics.

Jump back wing dings spam. Must I respect it, or is there a way to make them respect me?

Possible to stuff his wakeups? Does the stance matter? (Of course it does)

Flying Grayson. Anything to stuff this on reaction like my other mains?

Give it to me straight, sisters.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Rickyraws

Nightwing. What's um...what's the dealio here? Good? Bad? Haven't used WW on him, so while I can fight him with others, I don't know what to look out for with her.
I think it's usually seen as even, or possibly advantage WW. Nightwing doesn't really have anything that she can't handle.

I hear her SS is a must when he's in staff. For what, just a D1 contest? The Nightwing in particular is adept in that stance, and not due to those tactics.
I'm actually curious about this myself.

Jump back wing dings spam. Must I respect it, or is there a way to make them respect me?
Air demigoddess makes wingdings a very bad idea if WW is in lasso.

Cross-ups kill his wakeups when he's in escrima as far as I know, and should be good staff as well. Flying Grayson might be able to beat it, but you can easily bait that.

d2 as he's flying over your head. It should be pretty easy to do once you're used to it.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
We should spar one of these days. It's always fun playing TYM members as opposed to random Nightwing player who claimed to know karate in real life and threatened to find where I live and kick me in the face a few days ago.
sorry i just really dislike killer frost.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
How does WW deal with zoners? I have the hardest time with bats/supes/ds/sinestro/anyone with a projectile. T_T
Against Supes and Sinestro you should be able to use her bracelets on reaction to their projectiles, this pretty much forces them to come to you, especially if you have the health lead. I'm not sure if they work against multi-hit projectiles, but just be patient and remember that you're playing one of the most mobile characters in the game, and she's no slouch in the damage department either. One mistake from them and they're eating a 40%+ combo.

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!

the reason you want to use ss against nightwing in staff stance is because she can parry all of his stuff

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
if anybody wants to play some games. add me on psn: isiahevans
just send me a message so i know who it is

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
the reason you want to use ss against nightwing in staff stance is because she can parry all of his stuff
So if he's d1 and overheading, as opposed to retaliating with your own down 1s you should do the shield parry attack repeatedly?
Wouldn't d1 be faster? I'll check this when I get home...

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
So if he's d1 and overheading, as opposed to retaliating with your own down 1s you should do the shield parry attack repeatedly?
Wouldn't d1 be faster? I'll check this when I get home...
her ss parry is a 1 frame startup. that will beat out his constant d1s

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
How does she deal with doomsday? He can smash through everything and she's one of the characters that can't mbf3/b3 for supernova.

Advice?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise

Regular WingDings are massively - on block, don't respect them.

On wakeup just cross him over, or block it.

On a read you can d2 flying grayson when he's flying over you.

McTease

Nay.
I picked up Diana about 3 weeks ago so I'm still very new to her and I wouldn't consider myself exactly too knowledgeable about her. But after playing her for that short I still have trouble with some of her match-ups; here's a list in no particular order:
  • Green Arrow
  • Raven
  • Aquaman
  • Zod
  • Luthor
  • Doomsday
  • Sinestro
Is there any character here that I shouldn't be having trouble with at all or am I just a scrub?

EDIT: And Batman.