What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Aqauman is very very very susceptible to lasso parry.
Online is clearly harder to do.. but instead of just blocking his stuff... you parry and punish. This also makes him waste his trait when he doesn't want to.

McNasty

Moist.
Aqauman is very very very susceptible to lasso parry.
Online is clearly harder to do.. but instead of just blocking his stuff... you parry and punish. This also makes him waste his trait when he doesn't want to.
ehhhh im too afraid of them commiting to trident rush or a yolo non hit confirm from the deep.

McNasty

Moist.
Am I wrong to say that the BA match-up is pretty even?
as even as you are gonna get vs that fucker.

Aquamans trait is the biggest issue as it relegates b113 useless but vs him you can get in and stay in. if he traits b113 cancel trait into bf3 hit or block confirm into mb if need be. From the deep is a vice for him cause if they want to check you airdash and late demigoddess might are very good vs this.

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
I mean... I can punish it with my main character.

Batman can take it and use an already activated bat to put him at super negative for a mixup. Lex can punish it, Ba can punish it, doomsday can punish it, batgirl gets a free 50-50, I think harley does too, GL can punish it, Flash can punish it, raven in Raven Mode can punish it, I'm pretty sure MM can punish it but I could be wrong.

If you pushblock once they burn meter, you lose life, you lose meter (since they gain a lot of meter from it on block), and you don't get the payoff at the end of him being -10.

So yeah, people can "deal" with Trident Rush.
So in other words... WW kinda just has to take it?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I mean... I can punish it with my main character.

Batman can take it and use an already activated bat to put him at super negative for a mixup. Lex can punish it, Ba can punish it, doomsday can punish it, batgirl gets a free 50-50, I think harley does too, GL can punish it, Flash can punish it, raven in Raven Mode can punish it, I'm pretty sure MM can punish it but I could be wrong.

If you pushblock once they burn meter, you lose life, you lose meter (since they gain a lot of meter from it on block), and you don't get the payoff at the end of him being -10.

So yeah, people can "deal" with Trident Rush.
So in other words... WW kinda just has to take it?
I personally don't know how negative he is after that move... I can never tell.
If it is anything around -9 or -10... then 2,3 should punish him... since it lunges and is 9 frames.

edit: wiki says -11... but its a multihit move right? So it is really -11? I guess that is my question.

Chupie

Noob
Stay grounded and use shield stance correctly. WW is one of the few characters who can punish Lanterns Might from sweep distance using shield bash. Also GL can whiff punish B2 for free be careful

fong03

Noob
I picked up Diana about 3 weeks ago so I'm still very new to her and I wouldn't consider myself exactly too knowledgeable about her. But after playing her for that short I still have trouble with some of her match-ups; here's a list in no particular order:
  • Green Arrow
  • Raven
  • Aquaman
  • Zod
  • Luthor
  • Doomsday
  • Sinestro
Is there any character here that I shouldn't be having trouble with at all or am I just a scrub?

EDIT: And Batman.
I would just like to say that I second the Doomsday problems. I just don't know what to do. I'm basically free against him. If I ever knock him down, I feel like I'm at a disadvantage because of his wake ups. He can just power through everything and catch me off guard if I'm worried about Supernova. I've tried staying in sword stance but I just can't get anything going. I'm not particularly skilled but any basic suggestions or tips would be much appreciated.

I find Green Arrow to be *very* annoying as well. I just usually lose patience with his constant zoning. It's ironic because Raven and Sinestro don't bother me nearly as much.

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
I would just like to say that I second the Doomsday problems. I just don't know what to do. I'm basically free against him. If I ever knock him down, I feel like I'm at a disadvantage because of his wake ups. He can just power through everything and catch me off guard if I'm worried about Supernova. I've tried staying in sword stance but I just can't get anything going. I'm not particularly skilled but any basic suggestions or tips would be much appreciated.

I find Green Arrow to be *very* annoying as well. I just usually lose patience with his constant zoning. It's ironic because Raven and Sinestro don't bother me nearly as much.
with doomsday you have to parry most of his moves so you can get into their heads. down hold me for this but i think you can parry most of his wake ups except for earth shaker. when he goes into trait, go into shield stance and just d1 him for days. he really cant do much. with the green arrow mach up. its in ww favor but you cant lose patients. get the life lead and switch into shield stance. his arrows wont do any type of chip damage, so he will be forced to pressure you

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
It turns out you can actually d3 under all of Catwoman's wakeup attacks except trait. If you time it early, cat dash actually whiffs right in front of you and you can get a full combo with b113.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I see. One more thing, my sisters, but is there any character that using Sword stance against = suicide? I find myself to be a competent enough Wonder Woman, yet a tool of hers I never use is b1134 bf3. I've heard it's a true block string, and wanted to implement it more into my gameplay. However, against certain characters, would I just be doing them a favor by going into that stance? Or is Sword stance pretty straightforward for the entire cast? I don't intend to use the block string just to switch back into Lasso immediately, but in the events that I want to, I want to make sure my opponent isn't one that won't let me. I'm probably being vague.....I apologize...

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I see. One more thing, my sisters, but is there any character that using Sword stance against = suicide? I find myself to be a competent enough Wonder Woman, yet a tool of hers I never use is b1134 bf3. I've heard it's a true block string, and wanted to implement it more into my gameplay. However, against certain characters, would I just be doing them a favor by going into that stance? Or is Sword stance pretty straightforward for the entire cast? I don't intend to use the block string just to switch back into Lasso immediately, but in the events that I want to, I want to make sure my opponent isn't one that won't let me. I'm probably being vague.....I apologize...
no... because if you MB the shield bash... you get a free standing 2... which is a safe link back into lasso stance