What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

Also guys im having trouble with all the corps now. Wtf do you do vs sinestro? Pantience isnt my strongest attribute but goddamn his back dash, b13, and late mb straight rocks fuck me up.
He can't MB rocks on whiff.
The way to make him stop doing b13 is to punish it. Use 11~lasso spin and use your biggest combo off of it. After you punish it a couple times, they'll stop doing that unsafe shit and you can move in a little more from mid range.
Air dashing over his head doesn't work vs arachnid sting because for some reason it hits behind his head.
Just be careful from long range. That's where he wants you. Once his trait is up, they'll think they can do anything. IADG is faster than Pew. You still can't be reckless, but it's good to know.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
The problem is that he is plus or 0 on block on almost everything he does....... so you can't really punish him for touching you, while he also has the best backdash in the game....

You have to make good reads and force him to mis space his ground strings.
I see. Tis unfortunate, but she still seems to play well against him in spite of this. I will just have to play more Black Adams I guess...

is ww a bad MU against the joker. i just fought a really good on and he has unblockable setups and his pressure with those damn teeth are unbelievable. he can control space reall well and can knock ww out of the air with his j3 and his teeth makes it difficult for wonderwoman to get in or continue pressure

chores

bad at things
is ww a bad MU against the joker. i just fought a really good on and he has unblockable setups and his pressure with those damn teeth are unbelievable. he can control space reall well and can knock ww out of the air with his j3 and his teeth makes it difficult for wonderwoman to get in or continue pressure
things ive noted from joker matchup:

his j3 wins air to air
his d2 is really good anti-air
his sweep gives him perfect distance for crossover j2 on wakeup
do - not - get - cornered .. but if you do wakeup lasso will trade with a lot of his gimmicky shit and at least avoid the bulk of the dmg
you can parry his gun in lasso
he has no combo startring overheads
his wakeup acid flower is invinbcible until its hit frames

is it me or does it seem like ww has no real safe way to get in. like if you look at the rest of the cast they either have faster mobility or have armor wall grapples or just can zone. ww has non of that except for sloppy mobility. shes fast but she could be better. she a amazon not no bitch, why is it that cat woman has better rushdown while she just a girl in a costume, wondewoman is a demi god and her d1 is negative and her air demi goddess is negative 1000 on block and can easily be out zoned. her meta game and getting the opponent in the corner. but when your going against a zoner like sinestro. what the hell can u do. her dash is shitty and she cant parry. its frustrating

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
is it me or does it seem like ww has no real safe way to get in. like if you look at the rest of the cast they either have faster mobility or have armor wall grapples or just can zone. ww has non of that except for sloppy mobility. shes fast but she could be better. she a amazon not no bitch, why is it that cat woman has better rushdown while she just a girl in a costume, wondewoman is a demi god and her d1 is negative and her air demi goddess is negative 1000 on block and can easily be out zoned. her meta game and getting the opponent in the corner. but when your going against a zoner like sinestro. what the hell can u do. her dash is shitty and she cant parry. its frustrating
I think you're doing WW wrong
instant air demi goddess is completely safe.

all of her staggers are + frames on block. b1 b11 33. D12 is only -1 with slight pushback.
She whiff punished a majority of the screen. She has a disjointed hitbox on her j3 and her d2.

She does 40% meterless damage.... which means you get to blow meter on things like MB f3 on peoples wakeups.

Rickyraws

whats your xbl id? im bad at remembering names i swear to god i remember the hero card background+icon thingy more
Rickyraws.....
Got a plain blue background with the nether realm symbol in the left corner....
Almost all our matches get played out in the Batcave....
I use Killer Frost...
I'm rank 11 with 3000 some odd wins....
I'm no captain cold....

.......remember?

chores

bad at things
Rickyraws.....
Got a plain blue background with the nether realm symbol in the left corner....
Almost all our matches get played out in the Batcave....
I use Killer Frost...
I'm rank 11 with 3000 some odd wins....
I'm no captain cold....

.......remember?
yes i remember those slides you son of a bitch. i always guess wrong on the 50/50 vs you as well

chores

bad at things
;_;
I apologize. I always enjoy our matches...for what it's worth, sir...
haha yeah i do too, im just messing with you. lots of fun. except its true about the KF vortex i always guess wrong vs you. i think you have some sort of clairvoyance with her

Rickyraws

haha yeah i do too, im just messing with you. lots of fun. except its true about the KF vortex i always guess wrong vs you. i think you have some sort of clairvoyance with her
We should spar one of these days. It's always fun playing TYM members as opposed to random Nightwing player who claimed to know karate in real life and threatened to find where I live and kick me in the face a few days ago.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Hello! Can anyone tell me which are her winning and loseing match ups please? I want to know if i am doing bad on some of them or something like that, thanks.

redeyes

Button Masher
Hello! Can anyone tell me which are her winning and loseing match ups please? I want to know if i am doing bad on some of them or something like that, thanks.

ask viper the pro WW :p

but she only has like 1 -2 mad match ups

Aquaman ( which may be in her favor)
Green arrow ( if he plays hella lame with arows)

other wise WW dominiates most of the cast in the right hands, thats the problem only person using her right is across the damn atlantic

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
ask viper the pro WW :p

but she only has like 1 -2 mad match ups

Aquaman ( which may be in her favor)
Green arrow ( if he plays hella lame with arows)

other wise WW dominiates most of the cast in the right hands, thats the problem only person using her right is across the damn atlantic
Ok thank you! And i come here because i wanted to find more in-depth tips for every character. Thank you so much... S she has no impossible match-ups

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
What is the usual go to starter for punishing things like sword flip, teleport, and other blocked/whiffed specials? b113 seems so slow and it always gets blocked!

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
What is the usual go to starter for punishing things like sword flip, teleport, and other blocked/whiffed specials? b113 seems so slow and it always gets blocked!
b113 will definitely punish sword flip but others i would use shield bash to punish. her shield stance is better than what people make it and is honestly her best rushing tool. shield bash has to be her second best move and is real fast. just think of it as superman f23 but it just travels further.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
b113 will definitely punish sword flip but others i would use shield bash to punish. her shield stance is better than what people make it and is honestly her best rushing tool. shield bash has to be her second best move and is real fast. just think of it as superman f23 but it just travels further.
So I should switch to SS stance? But my BnB is the b113 23 b3 punish lol. Dangit... I guess I gotta learn a new BnB? SS just seems so slow. and does Shield bash combo into anything?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
So I should switch to SS stance? But my BnB is the b113 23 b3 punish lol. Dangit... I guess I gotta learn a new BnB? SS just seems so slow. and does Shield bash combo into anything?
Dont think he quite understood your post, cause what he just wrote is seriously wrong.

Eagle Eye

I Seek To Depose!
no shield bash doesnt, but if regular shield bash hits, usually people just hold back, so on hit just do b2 into lasso stance then ex tiara. thats when you can do you bnb. if the b2 doesnt connect if they block right, just do b21 or b23 and you will get a free setup of the knock down