What's new

Wonder Woman General Discussion Thread

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
T And you need to have super precise inputs in order to get them to work. d1,2 >b,f2MB is really tough, more so than anyone else that I've learned to play. If I'm not JUST right, then it comes out as d1 > db2MB and suddenly I'm wide open.

This has never, ever happened to me, are you sure you're being accurate with those inputs?

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
The problem is that her d1 has such short range that WoWo has to be close enough to do a reach around in order to do any damage. Everyone can just take two steps back and she can't do any good combos.

WoWo has to work harder than most characters to do damage. And you need to have super precise inputs in order to get them to work. d1,2 >b,f2MB is really tough, more so than anyone else that I've learned to play. If I'm not JUST right, then it comes out as d1 > db2MB and suddenly I'm wide open.

She needs some quality of life buffs. Air dash isn't worth anything unless she has a good crossover attack, which she doesn't at the moment. Her Air Amazonian Bash should not be gear! That's the only thing she has that makes the air dash useful!

Being great with WoWo will only put you on the same field as being mediocre with Supergirl. There's no reward to learning WoWo unless you're a masochist.
2 steps back from d1 range then you can bully with b2, shield toss, lasso, shield bash, instant air shield toss. All those add up in damage. She has the tools to get close. Part of it is making the right read on how to get in and finding ways to open people up.

D12bf2 coming out as d12db2 only happens if machine gun the inputs. If you do d12, confirm it and then bf2, I've never had the wrong move come out. Maybe turn off input shortcuts?

Somebody else just said it and I feel the same way..... giving her an air dash will improve her mobility but she can't really take advantage of it because her jump attacks are weird.

J1 has a really weird hit box. It's the only attack you can cross up with during an air dash consistently..... but man.... the range on the cross up is VERY SMALL. In Inj1, J2 had a butt load of range to connect with. It almost didn't matter where you pressed it during the cross up. It was gonna hit.

J2 now is strictly for air2air. you're not connecting it as a jump in. It's great after B3 so you can J3 then J2, land, and then connect d12 though. But off an air dash? You're not gonna be able to punish anyone who throws a projectile and you jump dash over it into range.

Which leaves J3..... its got lots of range. But you have to commit early. And if you IAD, it's not even gonna come out by the time the air dash ends. J3 is good for her normal jump. After an air dash?.... It doesn't seem to work.

So what do we have to go with the air dash? It looks like....

A j1 with tiny range.
A J2 that's for pure air2air
A J3 that will only connect if you're high enough in the air.

I actually find myself jumping over projectiles and punishing them by...... throwing my own projectile.

Stanlos

Noob
At this point I just hope that they at the very minimum patch her so the normals she has actually work and hit people. I have slowly been accepting the situation with her only to come up against such silliness with her lasso just not hitting people in front of me or jumping. That adds salt to to the wound.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
The problem is that her d1 has such short range that WoWo has to be close enough to do a reach around in order to do any damage. Everyone can just take two steps back and she can't do any good combos.

WoWo has to work harder than most characters to do damage. And you need to have super precise inputs in order to get them to work. d1,2 >b,f2MB is really tough, more so than anyone else that I've learned to play. If I'm not JUST right, then it comes out as d1 > db2MB and suddenly I'm wide open.

She needs some quality of life buffs. Air dash isn't worth anything unless she has a good crossover attack, which she doesn't at the moment. Her Air Amazonian Bash should not be gear! That's the only thing she has that makes the air dash useful!

Being great with WoWo will only put you on the same field as being mediocre with Supergirl. There's no reward to learning WoWo unless you're a masochist.
If you are out of D1 range there are other tools to use in the neutral game. B11 and 22 are easy enough strings to confirm to MB Shield Toss and, you have things like B2, Lasso Grab, Shield Bash etc to use. If you are getting D1 xx Up Shield you are probably entering the inputs too fast. Just slow them down and you will be fine as you have more time than you think to confirm into MB Shield Bash.

Quality of life buffs usually result in characters being unnecessarily overpowered. Buffs and nerfs imo should only go to what needs to change in a character's core gameplan. Not directed at you but I have seen a lot of posts essentially asking for mixup buffs when she is clearly built to not be a mixup character.

Finally this quote here "There's no reward to learning WoWo unless you're a masochist." That depends on your outlook. It might seem like there is no reward but playing her would definitely help you improve your neutral game, space control and most importantly your decision making in matches.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Alright, so I feel like I need to give this advice because a lot of you have her play out of wack lol.

Nothing about her playstyle reflects or caters to her opening the opponent up. So what does this mean? Simply, stop trying to open people up. Harass them with shield tosses that they can't punish, do meaty JI3 into pressure, chip them with bashes MB or meterless, and so forth. Stop trying to open the opponent up, plain and simple. Focus on chipping them out, while building meter in the process, and pushing them into the corner in the proces as well. You SHOULD have 2 bars each and every time you're on them to cancel into bounce cancels to eat up counterpokes.

All in all, focus on the conditioning and punishing. Stop. Trying. To. Open. Them. Up.

You will chip them out.

You will gain meter.

You will push them into the corner.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
If you are out of D1 range there are other tools to use in the neutral game. B11 and 22 are easy enough strings to confirm to MB Shield Toss and, you have things like B2, Lasso Grab, Shield Bash etc to use. If you are getting D1 xx Up Shield you are probably entering the inputs too fast. Just slow them down and you will be fine as you have more time than you think to confirm into MB Shield Bash.

Quality of life buffs usually result in characters being unnecessarily overpowered. Buffs and nerfs imo should only go to what needs to change in a character's core gameplan. Not directed at you but I have seen a lot of posts essentially asking for mixup buffs when she is clearly built to not be a mixup character.

Finally this quote here "There's no reward to learning WoWo unless you're a masochist." That depends on your outlook. It might seem like there is no reward but playing her would definitely help you improve your neutral game, space control and most importantly your decision making in matches.
I was getting stray up shields constantly until I turned off input shortcuts. It was so bad really just wanted to delete the move. I don't think it happens at all to me now, but it still makes me a little angry thinking about it.

Anyway, that would be the first thing I would ask about if someone was complaining about up shield.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Alright, so I feel like I need to give this advice because a lot of you have her play out of wack lol.

Nothing about her playstyle reflects or caters to her opening the opponent up. So what does this mean? Simply, stop trying to open people up. Harass them with shield tosses that they can't punish, do meaty JI3 into pressure, chip them with bashes MB or meterless, and so forth. Stop trying to open the opponent up, plain and simple. Focus on chipping them out, while building meter in the process, and pushing them into the corner in the proces as well. You SHOULD have 2 bars each and every time you're on them to cancel into bounce cancels to eat up counterpokes.

All in all, focus on the conditioning and punishing. Stop. Trying. To. Open. Them. Up.

You will chip them out.

You will gain meter.

You will push them into the corner.
Agreed on all of this, I've gone several winning matches in a row without ever doing a mb shield toss combo. Including tournament matches. She's just a neutral game bully who punishes things really well when people start doing dumb stuff or try their risky punishable moves. She's not a rushdown character, she's not a mixup character, she's a zoner who's zone is not fullscreen. Get used to it.

Quite often I also get the upshield, but its because I am speeding. When I take my time I get it with no problem. I also have this odd habit not letting the stick go after the d1 portion, so I do understand why the upair shield happens.

Stanlos

Noob
Wonder Woman's D2 is actually amazing now. J2 Batman's should be worried.
Um, I don't know. When I play him and Robin my D2 seems to go intangible as does my B2 like a lot.
Ok so why doesn't the Athena/shield buff enhance the damage of her shield projectile? It eats other projectiles but the damage remains the same. It only enhances the damage of f3 and meter burned bf3. That sucks.
I wonder if they will have her bash ignore projectiles when Athena blessing is active.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Agreed on all of this, I've gone several winning matches in a row without ever doing a mb shield toss combo. Including tournament matches. She's just a neutral game bully who punishes things really well when people start doing dumb stuff or try their risky punishable moves. She's not a rushdown character, she's not a mixup character, she's a zoner who's zone is not fullscreen. Get used to it.
Legitimately though isn't that kind of boring to play?

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Legitimately though isn't that kind of boring to play?
If you think zoning is boring to do you're a lost cause friend. It's the most fun, you have to make a ton of reads and totally dominate the other player. Then once you watch them get frustrated (and it'll be obvious haha) you can go ham with mb shield bashes and random j3s and their minds explode. Zoners have to play neutral more than any other archetype, and then you have the added problem of needing to back away to keep distance, then move forward to get them towards the corner and make sure you have room to run away again if needed. She builds meter for days so you always have your panic buttons of mb f3 and mb shield bash. Then if you're really full of the stuff you can do b2 bounce cancel or use it for air escapes or start mb rolling and changing the pace. She does so much damage that switching it up and just going at people works and then it's back to full screen with a giant life lead and meter building. I use air dash to dash away and use air shield, most characters can't handle it. I think a vortex style is the least fun to play, you flip a coin in your head and if right, do the same combo until the match is over, I can get the same experience in training mode.

When up close, I've had a lot of success with tick throws lately. I think a lot of non-WW players know by now that she has zero mixup game and there is almost no reason to ever block low.

Probably obvious, but I think she excels at lasso range (against most of the cast.)

Last edited:

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
If you think zoning is boring to do you're a lost cause friend. It's the most fun, you have to make a ton of reads and totally dominate the other player. Then once you watch them get frustrated (and it'll be obvious haha) you can go ham with mb shield bashes and random j3s and their minds explode. Zoners have to play neutral more than any other archetype, and then you have the added problem of needing to back away to keep distance, then move forward to get them towards the corner and make sure you have room to run away again if needed. She builds meter for days so you always have your panic buttons of mb f3 and mb shield bash. Then if you're really full of the stuff you can do b2 bounce cancel or use it for air escapes or start mb rolling and changing the pace. She does so much damage that switching it up and just going at people works and then it's back to full screen with a giant life lead and meter building. I use air dash to dash away and use air shield, most characters can't handle it. I think a vortex style is the least fun to play, you flip a coin in your head and if right, do the same combo until the match is over, I can get the same experience in training mode.
I just dont see how that works against anyone, but I guess that's because I use AM and Selina.

Stanlos

Noob
Then go to

Then lab more, all you are doing is complaining in this thread. If you don't play the character and don't like her, what are you doing? Why does this thread have a bunch of people acting like this?
Because people really care about the character and have prior exposure to various degrees (some only from the IGAU game and others from other media or any combination in between).

The post that Saboteur made likening getting acclimated to INJUSTICE 2 WW to the stages of grieving was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on point!

WW is important to my family and I follow her books thanks to Grams and learned to draw by being inspired by her in cartoons and live action syndications. Because of that I played IGAU. We bring all of that with us when we come to INJUSTICE 2 and it is a very big adjustment.

Adding to that is the salt that NRS approach to her seems singular; no one else was treated this way.

Now, as Saboteur's post conveys after the denial and anger and stuff eventually one gets to acceptance (albeit at different rates for different people). I am getting there myself. The boards have been really helpful in that process. I recall earlier posts from Faceless Man, Akromaniac, and Gab that I didn't understand at the time but now totally begin to see the truth of their message. I actually went back online and started playing again and fared so much better because of the difference in disposition and better understanding of her SWOT. (I doubt my sister will be there for another month or so--she is still very p!ssed)

She is a different character in I2 requiring a different approach. But before those still grieving can get to the point of unpacking all that we have live in and deal with our grief.

What you are seeing is passion.

I totally empathize.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Because people really care about the character and have prior exposure to various degrees (some only from the IGAU game and others from other media or any combination in between).

The post that Saboteur made likening getting acclimated to INJUSTICE 2 WW to the stages of grieving was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on point!

WW is important to my family and I follow her books thanks to Grams and learned to draw by being inspired by her in cartoons and live action syndications. Because of that I played IGAU. We bring all of that with us when we come to INJUSTICE 2 and it is a very big adjustment.

Adding to that is the salt that NRS approach to her seems singular; no one else was treated this way.

Now, as Saboteur's post conveys after the denial and anger and stuff eventually one gets to acceptance (albeit at different rates for different people). I am getting there myself. The boards have been really helpful in that process. I recall earlier posts from Faceless Man, Akromaniac, and Gab that I didn't understand at the time but now totally begin to see the truth of their message. I actually went back online and started playing again and fared so much better because of the difference in disposition and better understanding of her SWOT. (I doubt my sister will be there for another month or so--she is still very p!ssed)

She is a different character in I2 requiring a different approach. But before those still grieving can get to the point of unpacking all that we have live in and deal with our grief.

I totally empathize.
And how long does it take before the IJ2 threads about WW become about playing IJ2 WW for people that like playing IJ2 WW?

It's all well and fine that people expected something different than they got and wanted to vocalize it. It's fine that people have deep knowledge of the core of the character and think this is a poor representation of said character's essence. It's fine that people that liked IJGAU WW want a moment or two to be like "dude. What is this?" But at some point it stops being helpful or cathartic or what have you. At some point it's negativity for the sake of it and it's like "I know how you feel, say something else."

It's one character represented one way in one video game where there are a LOT of compromises that need to be made in order to make the thing work. A game filled with a ton of cool alternatives for people if things aren't working out for one character.

On one hand I don't want to be all insensitive about things and say I don't care if she was cooler and more fun for these guys over here because I'm fine with her so who cares. On the other hand I don't know that I need another 2 months of people filling up WW threads with post after post about how they wrecked her from end to end and how it's basically dumb to use her.

And if it is dumb it's not useful to me. I wont be getting an EVO metal with any character. I just need to get my money's worth playing a few rando's with whatever character I happen to be into, and WW has pretty much been my girl since the start. If I come here and find things I can use to better play this character we have, then that's useful. When I find things that tell me what she should have been like or should be playing someone else, then I'm not sure what I can do with that.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.

I totally empathize.
Oh I empathize too, i've been reading ww comics for a long time, but if you don't learn to accept this then you're in the wrong place. This is a competitive site for improving yourself and meeting others to help. So mechanically I'm just pleased that she is going to be a competitive character in this game, regargdless of how she is post evo, she's fine now.

The lore stuff, I too am very meh with her in story mode, but that's why this isn't earth-1, it's a what-if that went awry.

Her powers not making it in is a huge disappointment but that's not the point of inj2 to me, although it is a shame.

Everyone's posted their issues, I'm just getting tired of seeing the same complaints over and over from the same people, it's getting in the way and driving help off this place. I'm trying very hard to be nice to people about it, this thread should feel different by now.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Everyone's posted their issues, I'm just getting tired of seeing the same complaints over and over from the same people, it's getting in the way and driving help off this place. I'm trying very hard to be nice to people about it, this thread should feel different by now.
Lol^

And we're getting tired of people pretending she is fine and in any way competitive with AM or BA, and realllllllly stretching super hard to try to explain away her mediocrity.

Thanks though!
Then go to

Then lab more, all you are doing is complaining in this thread. If you don't play the character and don't like her, what are you doing? Why does this thread have a bunch of people acting like this?
I'm giving my 2 cents just like you...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

All you're doing is pretending their isn't huge problems with her, you sound like her PR rep.

...but by all means, "general discussion" only means "positive things about the character"....

I've no idea who you are, I read over your posts again on just this page, you keep condescending whenever someone disagrees and saying they need to "get over it" or "you're a lost cause if you don't like zoning it's the most fun".

That's all your opinion, just like everyone else's . Try getting over yourself?
I'm trying very hard to be nice to people about it,
;)

I totally empathize.
Agreed.
But passion is forbidden unless it's super positive in this general discussion thread. Because that one guy is tired.

When up close, I've had a lot of success with tick throws lately. I think a lot of non-WW players know by now that she has zero mixup game and there is almost no reason to ever block low.

Probably obvious, but I think she excels at lasso range (against most of the cast.)
I feel like you can get away with a f2 then mb shield toss and catch people sometimes. If you keep condition the b2whip.
Quite often I also get the upshield, but its because I am speeding. When I take my time I get it with no problem. I also have this odd habit not letting the stick go after the d1 portion, so I do understand why the upair shield happens.
So true, if we had a dollar for everytime we threw an up-tiara at point blank range in Inj1...

Last edited:
I'm just getting tired of seeing the same complaints over and over from the same people
I think some of it is just backlash against the people who are claiming that WW is a good character. I know my opinion (not a complaint!) of her status was because I read a few posts claiming that "she's good, she's just hard to win with" (which is contradictory if you ask me).

But you can't change the internet. This is a message board and this is General Discussion. People will bitch. If you skim through any character page, for any game, in any message board, you will see that top character threads have very little complaints and mid-bottom tier characters have a moderate amount of complaints.