What's new

Wonder Woman General Discussion Thread

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I dig her too and really enjoy her playstyle. She's a brand new character from INJ 1. I get bored and want variety but that happens with me and any character.

I mean I get I salty when I get outzoned, wish her string animations weren't so vanilla looking, and that d1, 2 wasn't designed to be her "go to" string to initiate offense. However, that's more my personal issues with the game in general. Wonder Woman has a lot of solid tools and is under the radar right now.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I must be doing something wrong then because I'm digging her.

I didn't touch her in IJ1. She was a stance switcher in IJ1 right? I'm 90% auto-out on stance switchers.
Yep, was more or less a top 10 character with a very different moveset compared to now. Even though she was a stance switch character you could win most of your games just using Lasso stance.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I actually think her trait is underrated. People see that it's random and immediately write it off. But when you take into consideration how long it stays active, the quick cool down, and how all 5 buffs are fairly beneficial and can be useful in almost any matchup, it ends up being a solid trait.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I actually think her trait is underrated. People see that it's random and immediately write it off. But when you take into consideration how long it stays active, the quick cool down, and how all 5 buffs are fairly beneficial and can be useful in almost any matchup, it ends up being a solid trait.
Two of them are useful, damage buff and dash, the rest arent worth the damage you give up ending in a hard knock down so you can call it or the risk of doing it in the open.

You have a 2/5s chance of your trait being important.

And you know what happens when I see a WoWo get her air dash or damage buff? I play keep away until it goes away and then laugh/cry at them trying to get it again.

Ryotian

Noob
I gotta say this. I am so pissed off at what the devs did to Wonder Woman's kit. Random trait + no default Air Dash really sucks. Feels busted.

I have no confidence that these devs will ever address because the issues seem to run deep.

So hilarious Kitana Prime tried to use her at CEO once and was shutdown asap

Random trait + no default Air Dash really sucks.
So what if Air Dash was removed as one of her random traits and became a standard part of her moveset? You get extra mobility & your random trait odds change from 1/5 to 1/4.

Thoughts on the above? While the odds change to 1/4 of getting the "good trait" (odds are still better overall) you'll always have air dash available.

Ryotian

Noob
Yes I want the Air Dash and her stank random trait to be redone somehow.

Every other flying character has an Air Dash. Why not Wonder Woman too this just blows my mind

Skedar70

Noob
I think the trait is good. But the parry buff is just too situational to be provide any advantage. I also feel like its the one that comes out the most. If they eliminate that buff and just leave 4 I feel like I would have a better chance of getting the ones I need.

Skedar70

Noob
Nobody likes the shield buff? It EATS other projectiles.
I like it. But I don't get it when I need it. I get the fu... bracelet buff when I am full screen being zoned. Thanks Gods. It should buff the shield toss damage so you can stop the zoning immediately when you get it.

Stanlos

Noob
Nobody likes the shield buff? It EATS other projectiles.
I think that is what a reflected projectile should do. That cuts down on any special animations/dynamics they would need to do especially for her. It seems like not a lot of that kind of resource desired to go into WW so this is an easier fix.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Lol. She's the IGAU Harley Quinn of this game.
Now you know how we felt hehehe

Anyways they didn't change Harley's so you guys might've stuck with this WoWo

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
The trait being random doesn't change her overall game plan. She doesn't need any of them.

Ultimately her trait is a bonus to a solid character.
I meant trait wise. Harley was still solid last game too.
I wanna lear Wonder Woman but no ones using her or anything for me to know if the time would be worth it

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I meant trait wise. Harley was still solid last game too.
I wanna lear Wonder Woman but no ones using her or anything for me to know if the time would be worth it
It sill be worth it but she takes time to figure out and takes a lot of patience. However, she has to work hard in all of her MUs so don't expect easy wins or anything.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
So she's defensive?
Akromaniac has a stream.

He is very helpful and really wants to help the WoWo community.

One thing I'd say is get used to her b3 link in bnbs it takes a few days to get the timing but it is easy when you have it down.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Two of them are useful, damage buff and dash, the rest arent worth the damage you give up ending in a hard knock down so you can call it or the risk of doing it in the open.

And you know what happens when I see a WoWo get her air dash or damage buff? I play keep away until it goes away and then laugh/cry at them trying to get it again.
Thor, I would love to see you and @Akromaniac27 play a first to whatever set. Akro is probably the best Inj2 WW that ive seen and i am NOT convinced that she sucks like you seem to think. Can you show yourself shutting his WW down because Ive seen him use ALL of her tools/ buffs. Ive seen him use her parry in match and benefit from the buff. Akro seems to be open to play anyone and you seem to think that it's easy to negate WW tools. Of course it all for fun but it's something that would either prove your points or his.