What's new

With the end of year fast approaching, has MK11 been everything you'd hoped?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I liked it a lot when it came out but I always know there's gonna be an expiration date on me having fun with an NRS game...this time it came early, before the first DLC pack was even finished.

I'm having my usual experience with an NRS game where I don't love the game but I like playing my main (Frost really is that bitch), but...yeah. I'm already getting bored, Kombat League is a trash heap, the grinding for cosmetics is awful, and SFV just got revitalized so I'm already kinda moved on. I'll see where we're at in a year or so and I really do hope NRS continues to support this game for more than 2 years.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
Yeah, I think the lack of depth in this game has killed its longevity.

Characters need more strings.

Krushing blows need be rebalanced. Some are way too easy to trigger and others almost impossible.

Hop attacks need to be made safe. Right now no one uses them because they are high-risk/low-reward.

Throws should lose to down-pokes.

Custom variations need to be allowed in competitive.

More strings and special should launch in the corner.

D2s should be invincible to air attacks from frame 5ish.

Make all the above changes and I think the game will be much more enjoyable.
you want n overhead to be safe ? we all like parties lol it would make more sense if they had invicibility over d1s D3s and sweeps . All the rest i agree

Found on Reddit:
https://i.redd.it/67zxhla82lr31.png

Summary of what happened if you are confused:
  • Terminator has an outro that displays a "fake Kombat Pack 2" with characters like Mileena, Rain, and a few others listed.
  • A fan got mad about it and tweeted at Daanish Syed (who is an NRS employee)
  • Fan asks how they are supposed to react to the outro when it makes fun of community requested characters
  • Syed says by laughing
  • Fan is basically like whatever, but why didn't Rain take Kollector's place in the story?
  • Syed says it's because they didn't want him to.
  • Syed goes on to say that NRS wants to give fans what they want, but they have to be passionate about it. If they aren't, then they can't do that thing justice, therefore it won't come out right and thus shouldn't be added to the game. While he isn't directly talking about Mileena, the context was on community requested content -- mainly characters -- and Mileena is obviously apart of that.
For the record, I don't agree with that fan coming at NRS employees like that. Also, at the end of the day it's NRS' game and they should do what they want with it. But I don't really think Syed's responce was a good one because he basically said 1) they aren't passionate about the characters the community wants which is crazy considering it's THEIR (NRS') characters and said characters have helped define the series, and 2) they will not add characters the community wants unless they want to... Which is basically a weird way of saying NRS will do what they want and it doesn't matter if the community wants it or not, lol.

To be fair Daanish, doesn't doesn't represent the entirety of NRS and he doesn't even decide on skins, characters, etc, as far as I know. He's mainly just a UI guy. But still, he works there and this is the closest thing we have to seeing NRS' mindset when it comes community requested characters. I'm sure there are other factors too, though. Wouldn't be surprised if they removed Mileena that way they can bring her back next game to drum up more hype (but they will probably remove Jade or Kitana, lol). Similar to what they did with Jade and Noob Saibot: They were in MK9, removed in MKX, brought back in MK11 for hype.
Sounds like they have a "us or them" mentality.

Really disappointed, really dislike the art designer and choices made.

Fatal blows need to be done away with, there's no reason to reward a player thats losing.

Krushing blows are garbage for some characters and are impossible to hit on better players. Like why can't raiden get an armored amped superman for his full screen kB? Just dumb.

Characters like skarlet feel unfinished with 3-5 combos where only 2 are viable.

The best characters have high/low mix-ups with projectiles.

Fastest frames win,or your working for a harder victory for no reason than character choice. Look at KL.

Throws are 50/50...that's just a joke,it has to be. Woot, frame trap and jails to throws

Hitboxes are still awful, this is why you don't switch things up every game. Find something that works and stick with it.

Kronika is the most laughable boss design ever...

The Klassic female costumes are a start, but seems to be a lot of feminism injected into the game that didn't need any. Sprinkled with a little gay fantasy. Sure make the males look fit and the clothes too show it, doesn't bother me but the females?
The Klassic female costumes actually have a bit more muscle and physique. That's what I want to see. Not the Barbie's we have now, they all look the same.

Sure some of the game looks top notch in some places, some of the faces look decent and are an upgrade...but thats machines doing that work. Most of the throwback designs are terrible and look nothing like the old ones. It's like an ugly fashion show of purple ninjas with a touch of teal and brown YUCK.

i think if NRS spent less time on Twitter and following fake outrage trends and hiring people that need vacation after designing fatalities, because they are pussies...we would have a more fleshed out game. Stop hiring employees based on sexual orientation, which way they swing or which world leader they hate the most...like EA and Ubisoft. Don't be like them.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

Really disappointed, really dislike the art designer and choices made.

Fatal blows need to be done away with, there's no reason to reward a player thats losing.

Krushing blows are garbage for some characters and are impossible to hit on better players. Like why can't raiden get an armored amped superman for his full screen kB? Just dumb.

Characters like skarlet feel unfinished with 3-5 combos where only 2 are viable.

The best characters have high/low mix-ups with projectiles.

Fastest frames win,or your working for a harder victory for no reason than character choice. Look at KL.

Throws are 50/50...that's just a joke,it has to be. Woot, frame trap and jails to throws

Hitboxes are still awful, this is why you don't switch things up every game. Find something that works and stick with it.

Kronika is the most laughable boss design ever...

The Klassic female costumes are a start, but seems to be a lot of feminism injected into the game that didn't need any. Sprinkled with a little gay fantasy. Sure make the males look fit and the clothes too show it, doesn't bother me but the females?
The Klassic female costumes actually have a bit more muscle and physique. That's what I want to see. Not the Barbie's we have now, they all look the same.

Sure some of the game looks top notch in some places, some of the faces look decent and are an upgrade...but thats machines doing that work. Most of the throwback designs are terrible and look nothing like the old ones. It's like an ugly fashion show of purple ninjas with a touch of teal and brown YUCK.

i think if NRS spent less time on Twitter and following fake outrage trends and hiring people that need vacation after designing fatalities, because they are pussies...we would have a more fleshed out game. Stop hiring employees based on sexual orientation, which way they swing or which world leader they hate the most...like EA and Ubisoft. Don't be like them.
i agree with you on everything : just be carefull with what you say here . this is a very PC site full of Social Justice Warriors .
They are all buddies , speciqlly the moderators . They critic something you say ; and then call it " hate speech " They will find you ; they will chase you ; and they will ban you loool

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Please don’t bring up how they did my baby Skarlet super dirty... She went from rushdown and reset queen in MK9 to two buttons and stay away from me in MK11... That was such a vibe killer to me.
The gameplay redesign was a fail.
Skarlet used to be played around ppl guarding her to become stronger, you block her she gets stronger and her chip damage becomes loopable, while also giving her access to wakeup attacks, faster mixup options and armour, essentially she was a well rounded character with a goal of making ppl block. While also being one of the weakest character in the game without any meter. Zoning was her weakest part because it was intended to make her other tools work, and her chip damage was noticeable to make you take risks, especially blood ball where she would inflict herself a lot of damage but if that arc ball hit you, you would take the same amount and then some, and if you guarded still would deal around 7% chip.

Her normals weren't the longest reaching in the game but they all had a purpose, F4 had high crushing abilities, you couldn't just start a high string on her coming from d1 because of her F4, and you wouldn't just d3 or d1 her randomly because her d3 cruches these moves.
114 was a high mid mid string to start chip pressure at 10f her fastest normal, 112 for restand up close, and f212,1+2 was her tool to loop pressure once she got that meter.

this Skarlet is so bad that even her main goal to zone is terrible
Her tools in general aren't that great, the only way to get a decent combo midscreen is to land 212, the rest is all bootleged.
extremely hard to do combos otherwise
what is even standing 3 for
teleport that doesn't teleport on reaction gets hit even after she vanishes, takes forever to recover.

in general there isn't one particular thing i like about Mk11 skarlet outside of cornering ppl and linking blood ball with a few normals.

other than that MK9 Skarlet is just superior in every way, i would strong advice NRS to ditch this moveset in the next interaction and give it to Nitara instead, Skarlet MK9 moveset its just something else, this one isn't really impressive at all.

Found on Reddit:
https://i.redd.it/67zxhla82lr31.png

Summary of what happened if you are confused:
  • Terminator has an outro that displays a "fake Kombat Pack 2" with characters like Mileena, Rain, and a few others listed.
  • A fan got mad about it and tweeted at Daanish Syed (who is an NRS employee)
  • Fan asks how they are supposed to react to the outro when it makes fun of community requested characters
  • Syed says by laughing
  • Fan is basically like whatever, but why didn't Rain take Kollector's place in the story?
  • Syed says it's because they didn't want him to.
  • Syed goes on to say that NRS wants to give fans what they want, but they have to be passionate about it. If they aren't, then they can't do that thing justice, therefore it won't come out right and thus shouldn't be added to the game. While he isn't directly talking about Mileena, the context was on community requested content -- mainly characters -- and Mileena is obviously apart of that.
For the record, I don't agree with that fan coming at NRS employees like that. Also, at the end of the day it's NRS' game and they should do what they want with it. But I don't really think Syed's responce was a good one because he basically said 1) they aren't passionate about the characters the community wants which is crazy considering it's THEIR (NRS') characters and said characters have helped define the series, and 2) they will not add characters the community wants unless they want to... Which is basically a weird way of saying NRS will do what they want and it doesn't matter if the community wants it or not, lol.

To be fair Daanish, doesn't doesn't represent the entirety of NRS and he doesn't even decide on skins, characters, etc, as far as I know. He's mainly just a UI guy. But still, he works there and this is the closest thing we have to seeing NRS' mindset when it comes community requested characters. I'm sure there are other factors too, though. Wouldn't be surprised if they removed Mileena that way they can bring her back next game to drum up more hype (but they will probably remove Jade or Kitana, lol). Similar to what they did with Jade and Noob Saibot: They were in MK9, removed in MKX, brought back in MK11 for hype.
I think there is a huge misunderstanding of Daanish. What he's talking about regarding passion towards the work is that anyone who is a creator, whatever their artform, must also be excited (or passionate) about what they're creating or else the final product will suffer for it.
The people who fall under this category know exactly what he's talking about here.

I think it's perfectly fine to admit that they weren't feeling certain characters this time around rather than make said characters less satisfying, which would indeed be worse to the fans (and themselves) in my opinion.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

Skarlet used to be played around ppl guarding her to become stronger, you block her she gets stronger and her chip damage becomes loopable, while also giving her access to wakeup attacks, faster mixup options and armour, essentially she was a well rounded character with a goal of making ppl block. While also being one of the weakest character in the game without any meter. Zoning was her weakest part because it was intended to make her other tools work, and her chip damage was noticeable to make you take risks, especially blood ball where she would inflict herself a lot of damage but if that arc ball hit you, you would take the same amount and then some, and if you guarded still would deal around 7% chip.

Her normals weren't the longest reaching in the game but they all had a purpose, F4 had high crushing abilities, you couldn't just start a high string on her coming from d1 because of her F4, and you wouldn't just d3 or d1 her randomly because her d3 cruches these moves.
114 was a high mid mid string to start chip pressure at 10f her fastest normal, 112 for restand up close, and f212,1+2 was her tool to loop pressure once she got that meter.

Her tools in general aren't that great, the only way to get a decent combo midscreen is to land 212, the rest is all bootleged.
teleport that doesn't teleport on reaction gets hit even after she vanishes, takes forever to recover.

in general there isn't one particular thing i like about Mk11 skarlet outside of cornering ppl and linking blood ball with a few normals.

other than that MK9 Skarlet is just superior in every way, i would strong advice NRS to ditch this moveset in the next interaction and give it to Nitara instead, Skarlet MK9 moveset its just something else, this one isn't really impressive at all.
Her zoning wasnt strong ?!!!! A character that can throw 2 projectiles at the same time ?!!!!
A character that can cancel a second projectile ; in to a low special ?!!!
A character that can cancel a second projectile and has an overhead ?!!!
A character that can cancel a second projectile followed by a EX ARMOR SPECIAL leading to full combo ?!!
A character that can cancel a second projectile and grab you ?!!
A character that can cancel a second projectile and cheaps you to death while building meter ?!!!!!
A character that can cancel a second projectile jump in and start the offensive ?!!!!!
A character that can cancel a second projectile jump and throw an air projectile ?!!!!
A character that can cancel a second projectile and do a teleport that tracks ?!!!
I know some of this may be consider ' conditioning the player ' but this scenarios qll co,e from her projectiles first .
Pretty sure you know who SKAR is and what he did with her !
i rank Skarlet TOP 5 in MK9 easy !
1 Kabal
2 Cyrax
3 kung lao
4 Sonya
5 Skarlet
yes ; no kenshi : Waaaay to overated !

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Her zoning wasnt strong ?!!!! A character that can throw 2 projectiles at the same time ?!!!!
A character that can cancel a second projectile followed by a EX ARMOR SPECIAL leading to full combo ?!!
A character that can cancel a second projectile and cheaps you to death while building meter ?!!!!!
A character that can cancel a second projectile jump in and start the offensive ?!!!!!
A character that can cancel a second projectile jump and throw an air projectile ?!!!!
A character that can cancel a second projectile and do a teleport that tracks ?!!!
I know some of this may be consider ' conditioning the player ' but this scenarios qll co,e from her projectiles first .
1 Kabal
2 Cyrax
3 kung lao
4 Sonya
5 Skarlet
Skarlet zoning was nerfed in MK9, the window she could cancel the second projectile to do whatever was severely delayed she could cancel but did no chip, it wasn't Kabal firing 2 gas blast at the time while you try to avoid it, her main design wasn't to sit at full screen and throw kunais at the opponent, that move was there to tickle you into try anything like, if you defend she gets in giving her better position advantage or even switch momentum.

Skarlet real strength was in in her ability to chip with meter wich would give you loopabe presure an 13f overhead and a wakeup, anyway i have explained this several times over.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
1 Kabal
2 Cyrax
3 kung lao
4 Sonya
5 Skarlet
I'm sorry Kenshi was better than Skarlet. He was top 3 no doubt. There was a reason we all use to say KKK back in the day for Kabal, Kenshi, and Kung Lao.

i agree with you on everything : just be carefull with what you say here . this is a very PC site full of Social Justice Warriors .
They are all buddies , speciqlly the moderators . They critic something you say ; and then call it " hate speech " They will find you ; they will chase you ; and they will ban you loool
I don't hate the game its just full of holes and half baked like my blocking. I don't hate the devs, I just think there was a lot of bad choices made through presentation and execution.the story was meh and kronika was just....like who made her? I could make a way better female boss.

i think the females took more of a hit trying to protect them so much, none of them had any muscle tone. sure they looked like they jogged twice a week, but i like my fighters to look at least a little conditioned compared to the males. seems un-equal. thats my only issue other than character balance and fatal blows.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

Skarlet zoning was nerfed in MK9, the window she could cancel the second projectile to do whatever was severely delayed she could cancel but did no chip, it wasn't Kabal firing 2 gas blast at the time while you try to avoid it, her main design wasn't to sit at full screen and throw kunais at the opponent, that move was there to tickle you into try anything like, if you defend she gets in giving her better position advantage or even switch momentum.

Skarlet real strength was in in her ability to chip with meter wich would give you loopabe presure an 13f overhead and a wakeup, anyway i have explained this several times over.
I know some of this may be consider ' conditioning the player ' but this scenarios all co,e from come from her projectiles first .

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

I'm sorry Kenshi was better than Skarlet. He was top 3 no doubt. There was a reason we all use to say KKK back in the day for Kabal, Kenshi, and Kung Lao.
Not true : Only PIG was able to actually win with him ; and he actually pick him in tournaments and actually make it in top 8 .
Kabal kung lao are actually 2 of kenshis hardest matchups . Kabal sonyas cyrax kung laos were like all we saw in tournaments .
People follow everything some Americans say : its like ; Devorah was low tier ; sonic picks her , starts winning she goes to to top tier lol
sa,e with raiden now . He says he is the best character now ; lets see if he actually picks him in tournament :

Gamer68

Fujin!
I think there is a huge misunderstanding of Daanish. What he's talking about regarding passion towards the work is that anyone who is a creator, whatever their artform, must also be excited (or passionate) about what they're creating or else the final product will suffer for it.
The people who fall under this category know exactly what he's talking about here.

I think it's perfectly fine to admit that they weren't feeling certain characters this time around rather than make said characters less satisfying, which would indeed be worse to the fans (and themselves) in my opinion.
I get what he's trying to say, I just think he could have worded it better. Saying you aren't passionate about the characters you've made and have included in the past few games you've made doesn't really sound good. Especially when it's in regard to a highly requested characters. It's easy for fans to see that and be like "WTF, they don't like Mileena anymore? Is that why she was cut?". I feel like just saying that you wanted to give her and some others a break so you could do different characters this time around would have been a better response.

Like I said before, I don't agree with fans coming at devs, though.

Linkuei82

Not true : Only PIG was able to actually win with him ; and he actually pick him in tournaments and actually make it in top 8 .
Kabal kung lao are actually 2 of kenshis hardest matchups . Kabal sonyas cyrax kung laos were like all we saw in tournaments .
People follow everything some Americans say : its like ; Devorah was low tier ; sonic picks her , starts winning she goes to to top tier lol
sa,e with raiden now . He says he is the best character now ; lets see if he actually picks him in tournament :
I remember the same argument about only Reo could only win with Kabal too..yet here we are...

I have lost faith in NRS making a Mortal Kombat game that I like. They don't seem to like many things from the older MK games, and replace or ditch them instead.

MK was fun bc alot of things that NRS appearantly does't even seem to be interested in. And im only talking lore, characters etc here.

Than the gameplay is a mess. boring gameplay, gimmicks, boring music, combo/movement limitations and much more..

unfortuante that my favorite series has become my least interested now days. With all the love that fans seem to have for MK9, and seeing the reputation NRS has with giving fan favorites... idk what to expect in the future from them.

NRS needs an UPGRADE. New ppl that care for OG lore and characters. And some devs for the gameplay. It stings on both sides.

Atleast it helped me looking further than MK. Im having a blast with Tekken 7.

Last edited:

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE

They botched skarlet hard thematically. Lmao

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

I remember the same argument about only Reo could only win with Kabal too..yet here we are...
Im not talking about winning : im saying if kenshi was so good and brocken , why people never pick him ??!!!!
they always pick sonya or kung lao qs their pocket character . 1 Good move doesnt make a character top !
unlike cyrax smoke or kabal who are full of tools and are & hit killer reset machines .

Linkuei82

Im not talking about winning : im saying if kenshi was so good and brocken , why people never pick him ??!!!!
they always pick sonya or kung lao qs their pocket character . 1 Good move doesnt make a character top !
unlike cyrax smoke or kabal who are full of tools and are & hit killer reset machines .
We made this argument years ago. A player being good or not does not determine if the character is good or bad. Kenshi 7-3 most of the cast. He was top 3. But if you want to go by your opinion about why you dont think he good 9 years later, by all means more power to you.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
People were pocketing Kenshi for hard matchups everywhere, if they didn't want to learn Kabal. At the top level, though, you couldn't just pocket characters, and most players had extremely fleshed out mains by the time pocket Kenshi started happening. And a lot of people also played pocket Lao, which was a hard matchup.

Kenshi obliterated characters harder than Kabal even did. Kabal, however, didn't even go even with anyone. Kenshi had a few matchups even or below. Which is why he ended up #2 overall. Don't let the lack of actual mains fool you...that character was dumb lol, and basically only the rest of the top 5 were as dumb.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

People were pocketing Kenshi for hard matchups everywhere, if they didn't want to learn Kabal. At the top level, though, you couldn't just pocket characters, and most players had extremely fleshed out mains by the time pocket Kenshi started happening. And a lot of people also played pocket Lao, which was a hard matchup.

Kenshi obliterated characters harder than Kabal even did. Kabal, however, didn't even go even with anyone. Kenshi had a few matchups even or below. Which is why he ended up #2 overall. Don't let the lack of actual mains fool you...that character was dumb lol, and basically only the rest of the top 5 were as dumb.
SURE !!!!

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

We made this argument years ago. A player being good or not does not determine if the character is good or bad. Kenshi 7-3 most of the cast. He was top 3. But if you want to go by your opinion about why you dont think he good 9 years later, by all means more power to you.
7 3 LOL Sure it was ! im a kenshi player brother : i fought many kung laos kabals cyrax smokes reptiles , all this characters gave kenshi a ton of trouble : And dont BRING the "Did you ever placed top 8 hIGH LEVEL bs " card .
Just look how Sonic fox changes the character Tier as he pleases lol Raiden went from being low tier to Top 1 LOL
And everyone goes with the flow ! The game is new yeah yeah ; but in 2 years whatever fox says you people just go with it !
Lets see him picking raiden at tournemounts !
And by the way ; dont listen to old music either ; makes no sense ............NICE LOGIC /
More power to you ,,,,,,,