What's new

With the end of year fast approaching, has MK11 been everything you'd hoped?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
7 3 LOL Sure it was ! im a kenshi player brother : i fought many kung laos kabals cyrax smokes reptiles , all this characters gave kenshi a ton of trouble : And dont BRING the "Did you ever placed top 8 hIGH LEVEL bs " card .
Just look how Sonic fox changes the character Tier as he pleases lol Raiden went from being low tier to Top 1 LOL
And everyone goes with the flow ! The game is new yeah yeah ; but in 2 years whatever fox says you people just go with it !
Lets see him picking raiden at tournemounts !
And by the way ; dont listen to old music either ; makes no sense ............NICE LOGIC /
More power to you ,,,,,,,
I don’t think people go with it at all. When he said Joker was top tier he was immediately blown up for it.

But he’s not the only person to say he thought Rajin was good (nor the first). So I think these complaints might be misplaced.

You absolutely need people who are willing to shake things up, as people will generally write off even viable characters because they ‘heard they were bad’ to the point that no one unlocks their full potential.

I think the main problem with games over the past few years are the players honestly.

Every time a new game is set to come out and we get a chance to see footage/beta-test...the same things happens.

People complain. Complain about lack of depth (sfv), graphics (mvci), or set variations (mk11).

And EVERYTIME those people complain another group of people come out the woodworks to say things like...

"Its just the beta bro"

"We'll find the depth when the games released"

"The devs know what they are doing, they know more than you just shut up and let them do their thing"

And TIME and TIME again. Those people have been wrong. The things that were obviously wrong with these games before their were released ended up being true
after release.

So the NEXT time a Fighting Game comes out. Just know that if something seems off from the start...its probably exactly what it seems like and those flaws that you saw in the beta and the trailer are still going to be there.

And sometimes the devs don't know whats best. Especially when its been demonstrated on the Kombat Kast how badly some of them suck at their own game.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The things that were obviously wrong with these games before their were released ended up being true after release.
Not really.

Mortal Kombat 11 was supposed to die because of...

• wave dashing
  • option select
  • altered flawless blocking mechanics
  • lack of anti-aerial attacks
And so on.

I encourage everyone to reminisce and reflect on the outrage on some of these "issues" and the amount of negative attention that they gathered during a particular time of Mortal Kombat 11's ongoing lifespan.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Not really.

Mortal Kombat 11 was supposed to die because of...

• wave dashing
  • option select
  • altered flawless blocking mechanics
  • lack of anti-aerial attacks
And so on.

I encourage everyone to reminisce and reflect on the outrage on some of these "issues" and the amount of negative attention that they gathered during a particular time of Mortal Kombat 11's ongoing lifespan.
This is true. Not to mention the row over changing the Amplify inputs pre-release.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Really depends on how you interpret this question. In some ways yes, other ways no. I'm just patiently waiting for Fujin.

I think the main problem with games over the past few years are the players honestly.

Every time a new game is set to come out and we get a chance to see footage/beta-test...the same things happens.

People complain. Complain about lack of depth (sfv), graphics (mvci), or set variations (mk11).

And EVERYTIME those people complain another group of people come out the woodworks to say things like...

"Its just the beta bro"

"The devs know what they are doing, they know more than you just shut up and let them do their thing"

And TIME and TIME again. Those people have been wrong. The things that were obviously wrong with these games before their were released ended up being true
after release.

So the NEXT time a Fighting Game comes out. Just know that if something seems off from the start...its probably exactly what it seems like and those flaws that you saw in the beta and the trailer are still going to be there.

And sometimes the devs don't know whats best. Especially when its been demonstrated on the Kombat Kast how badly some of them suck at their own game.
True, ppl get flamed to have opinions before release of the game. I remember how i got flamed bc my opinions on the limited combo system etc.

Maybe bc i design games myslef and look at it from a different angle. But really, the MK communit doesn't allow or is open towards critisism before release where in other comunity's this is very different.

I understand that some mechanics need time/be tried before knowing how it ends up. But some mechanics are obvious to dissapoint.

I think NRS makes it too hard for them self by trying the invent the wheel everytime. It's not an easy task.. Besides that NRS lacks knowlegde in the martial art/ fighting mentality.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
I don’t think people go with it at all. When he said Joker was top tier he was immediately blown up for it.

But he’s not the only person to say he thought Rajin was good (nor the first). So I think these complaints might be misplaced.

You absolutely need people who are willing to shake things up, as people will generally write off even viable characters because they ‘heard they were bad’ to the point that no one unlocks their full potential.
Totaly agree if you put that way .

I have lost faith in NRS making a Mortal Kombat game that I like. They don't seem to like many things from the older MK games, and replace or ditch them instead.
So this is something I see mentioned quite a lot as a criticism against NRS, but personally I think this is one of their best strengths. Also, they actually do take a lot of their old stuff and reassemble it in a more meaningful way in the next game.

In MK11 there are signs of all of their previous fighting games everywhere; it was obvious to everyone immediately that the pacing looked more like MK2, MK9 brought back a similar classic pace that was lost in the 3D era, which in turn brought us the dial strings. They've been trying to include weapons into gameplay since MK3, and this continues into Deadly Alliance with their stance system, which can be traced back from variations which has been further iterated on (albeit in a way that stopped halfway to the mark, sadly).
Then they start borrowing the concept of supers and meter, and snap us back to the old days with MK9 only all the new concepts from previous games are blendered into that one, which in turn has been iterated on up to this game, including the Injustice series which derived stage interactions/transitions from previous MK games. It goes on. If something is outright missing then I would argue it is for good reason.

It's pretty easy to see how NRS has adapted all of what they learned making every single previous game while also using their next biggest strength of trying new ideas that you don't see often, some of which is adapted from other fighting games too with Krushing Blows being MK's answer to the 'critical hit' trend of many recent fighters.

unfortuante that my favorite series has become my least interested now days.
I think this is an interesting perspective to take note of since you're not alone on that one. I feel the complete opposite, however, and am enjoying this MK game more than anything they've made previously.
I've always liked Mortal Kombat but didn't think it was all that great of a fighter. I feel that this game is the closest they've come so far, barring the dumb amount wake up iframes.

Also, hope is not lost; there is plenty of time and opportunity left for this game to refine itself. NRS isn't actually just sitting on their hands at the office despite what the memes suggest.

Last edited:

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

"Its just the beta bro"

after release.

its all about the Footsies MAAAN ,! They love saying this words lol
i want a based footsie neutral spacing high level tournament competitive fighting game lol its like an orgasm for them !
Then they complain the game is slow and boring lol
They have been saying this words since Injustice 1 LOL They just dont learn
MK is supposed to be a fast pace game : Thats why its called Mortal Kombat and not BORING Kombat :
For me ; MKX was and is how mk should be played ! is is perfect ? hell no , but at leqst its fun and it feels like mk !
And people who say MK X has no footsies or neutral are crazy ! its not has much as SF or MK 11 but its not supposed to be :
Make MORTAL Kombat Great Again lol

Actually, one thing I definitely wish MK11 did better was the music. While I like the Fire Gardens track, I feel a lot of the MK atmosphere many people are missing comes from the old games' audio.

The twangs, the gongs, etc all really capture what is MK 'feel' for me and I think if it had those it would have made a pretty massive difference without many people even realizing. In fact this is pretty much why I like Fire Gardens.
Also just to be clear, I don't mean all the audio; I don't wanna hear old sfx on attacks and such. Just the presentation of the game's setting.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

Actually, one thing I definitely wish MK11 did better was the music. While I like the Fire Gardens track, I feel a lot of the MK atmosphere many people are missing comes from the old games' audio.

The twangs, the gongs, etc all really capture what is MK 'feel' for me and I think if it had those it would have made a pretty massive difference without a many people even realizing.
And not enough trash talking during fights : its all ah uh ahhhh
Cage should be trash talking like in mk 9
money shot
Got caged AH The goold old days lol
OH YEAH

So this is something I see mentioned quite a lot as a criticism against NRS, but personally I think this is one of their best strengths. Also, they actually do take a lot of their old stuff and reassemble it in a more meaningful way in the next game.

In MK11 there are signs of all of their previous fighting games everywhere; it was obvious to everyone immediately that the pacing looked more like MK2, MK9 brought back a similar classic pace that was lost in the 3D era, which in turn brought us the dial strings. They've been trying to include weapons into gameplay since MK3, and this continues into Deadly Alliance with their stance system, which can be traced back from variations which has been further iterated on (albeit in a way that stopped halfway to the mark, sadly).
Then they start borrowing the concept of supers and meter, and snap us back to the old days with MK9 only all the new concepts from previous games are blendered into that one, which in turn has been iterated on up to this game, including the Injustice series which derived stage interactions/transitions from previous MK games. It goes on. If something is outright missing then I would argue it is for good reason.

It's pretty easy to see how NRS has adapted all of what they learned making every single previous game while also using their next biggest strength of trying new ideas that you don't see often, some of which is adapted from other fighting games too with Krushing Blows being MK's answer to the critical hit trend of many recent fighters.

I think this is an interesting perspective to take note of since you're not alone on that one. I feel the complete opposite, however, and am enjoying this MK game more than anything they've made previously.
I've always liked Mortal Kombat but didn't think it was all that great of a fighter. I feel that this game is the closest they've come so far, barring the dumb amount wake up iframes.
Im not only talking gameplay here.

A big part of where i can't relate anymore with the recent MK games is the direction NRS took it in terms of aesthetics and lore.

• Character designs/ archetypes
  • music
  • animations and rebooting many classic moves
  • special forces and earth vibes are too prominent
  • the lack of other realms
It used to be more oriental, martial arts inspired. From the story to the character archetypes. I care less for cassie cage and her special forces buddy's. They are way too dominant now. NRS is trying hard to make it look like an AVENGERS movie instead. I don't digg that..

MK; Deception did not have the best gameplay, but the whole vibe remaind very MK-ish. Despite sillyness, i like to be in the atmosphere of the older MK games.

Gameplay is a different boat..

I hope you understand where im coming from now.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
TBH I think mk11 Was and is amazing. they made the game so they choose how it goes Haters gonna hate but if you want to do something STOP PLAYING THE GAME. with a large dip in any form of content, any creator will realize they did something wrong!

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!

I'm diving into the sea of viscious, privileged negativity this website has devolved into to say that Sonicfox uses they/them pronouns. Respect that at no cost to your own person. Thanks.

Jbog

Noob
The inconsistency to punish unsafe strings and stupid poke metahave left me with a lot to be desired qith this game if not for these i lo e this game few other stupid stuff fb being the main. But could live with that if the others were addressed and fixes

Vampbite

Fangin' 'N' Bangin'
Not a fan of break away, armoured fatal blows and all the wakeup options but yeah I do enjoy the game a lot and play every day almost.

Even bought another copy so I could play it on my PS Pro when I sold my Xbox X. Few patches and I think it'll be even better.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I like it. I play often and I'll keep playing for a while. I have characters that I enjoy using so the fun factor isn't missing for me.

Outside the core gameplay I think the game was very rushed when released. I still can't believe we can only have one skin per character in competitive mode. I grinded a lot in Injustice 2 for cosmetic stuff and I liked making different looks for my character, and I'd change skins often during long sets. Now I'm just using the same Subzero look that I've been using for 6 months and it's sad.

Luckily the core gameplay was good enough for me that it didn't turn me away from the game. Personally there are some small changes I'd like to see gameplay-wise, but I enjoy it as it is enough to not be bothered and I just happily keep playing.

@STB Sgt Reed's post was on point for me.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

"Its just the beta bro"

after release.

those are the paid shills

alot people not happy with the game how nrs handle the game i hope mk12 they start listen to fans stop letting us dry in months of nothing i hope the game last little long when spawn comes alot huge titles coming everyone gonna quit.only esports and half fan-base gonna keep playing until sonic fox called it dead. im disappointed how nrs treat fans like crap remove alot stuff that should never been touch variations should never came back to the series. i still had little faith of ed boon i do not want this series go dead again after that mkvsdc flop very hard close down midway games there are few things i want to see fix kitana deadly lips jade shaken not stirred speed and visual half it been off i do not know why they did not fix that.and also alot pc support for them i forgot the gameplay issues still happen in the game

I like it. I play often and I'll keep playing for a while. I have characters that I enjoy using so the fun factor isn't missing for me.

Outside the core gameplay I think the game was very rushed when released. I still can't believe we can only have one skin per character in competitive mode. I grinded a lot in Injustice 2 for cosmetic stuff and I liked making different looks for my character, and I'd change skins often during long sets. Now I'm just using the same Subzero look that I've been using for 6 months and it's sad.

Luckily the core gameplay was good enough for me that it didn't turn me away from the game. Personally there are some small changes I'd like to see gameplay-wise, but I enjoy it as it is enough to not be bothered and I just happily keep playing.

@STB Sgt Reed's post was on point for me.
see that i was saying about it when i first play mk11 it did not feel done at all they just put it out because everyone leaving injustice 2 and other fighters is coming out and want the movie money with the guess characters. i would not mind if they delay the game in june tekken 7 had same issue suppose to be out out feburay but push back june. because the issues was going on and game play need little work on if mk11 was push back 2 months this could be prefect game next to mk9.

Stanlos

Noob
Where your expectations met, exceeded, or set too high? Biggest compliments you can give? Constructive (or less so) feedback to offer?

Are you excited for year 2 or have you checked out entirely? How often do you still play? What's your most requested character to see return that still has a chance? Meta-changing patches you want to see?

Pray, sojourn in the thread for a time.
MK11 is a stunning achievement. It is easily the most beautiful and well scored modern fighter. I like it better than Injustice 2. The character models are astounding and it is awesome that NRS has finally delivered a MK entry with human looking character models. That was a barrier to my getting into their stuff previously as their models (especially for females) were often inhuman looking and their animation quite clunky and awkward. MK11 represents a giant leap forward for NRS.