What's new

"Will you not listen to reason?!" Martian Manhunter discussion thread!

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
So what do you think MMH's best options are on wake up?
To me, I think either back dashing or Push are looking pretty good for him.
His scoop thing might be good just throw out there too as that's his fastest special move.

So what do you think MMH's best options are on wake up?
To me, I think either back dashing or Push are looking pretty good for him.
His scoop thing might be good just throw out there too as that's his fastest special move.
I use push as a "Get off me" and then zone lightly into a teleport and trait combo. Usually works.

Wigy

There it is...
been placing orbs behind people on high adv knockdowns. then doing d3 and it knocks them into it :)

well just as an easy setup

place orb in their face in the corner with like 3 df1b then d3 will knock them into the mine.

If your opponent blocks high and you've mb'd the ball it puts them back into a combo
could mix that with b2? i duno

been placing orbs behind people on high adv knockdowns. then doing d3 and it knocks them into it :)

place orb in their face in the corner with like 3 df1b then d3 will knock them into the mine.

If your opponent blocks high and you've mb'd the ball it puts them back into a combo
You could also get in their face traited up and walk them into the orb and then combo. Just straight up walk into them and push them into the orb. Trait usually scares people. Condition them to fear the traited standing 3 and then walk them into the orbs.

To Punish His overhead teleport. Walk forward on reaction.
This causes MMH to land on the opposite side of you, and thus, walking forward actually transitions to back, which will block it and keep him SUPER CLOSE to you, in which you have 8 frames to punish.
This would be great, but how easy is it to tell if that teleport is going to be a mid or an overhead?

It comes out pretty fast... and since the overhead input is put in at the end of the input, I'm thinking there's not a massive difference in the startup animation...or is there?

This would be great, but how easy is it to tell if that teleport is going to be a mid or an overhead?

It comes out pretty fast... and since the overhead input is put in at the end of the input, I'm thinking there's not a massive difference in the startup animation...or is there?
I think he flys up?
Try doing the same block method (walking forward) for the mid one. If it hits you, then it might not be a good idea :(
but if it does block it, that's killing 2 birds with 1 stone

You could also use push block- if the distance is right, it's an easy way to send an opponent rushing at your from an orb right into it.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
After knockdowns I know you guys can find some tricky stuff with those orbs! You could probably set up crazy 50/50 with an orb and that teleport punch.

Wigy

There it is...
After knockdowns I know you guys can find some tricky stuff with those orbs! You could probably set up crazy 50/50 with an orb and that teleport punch.

Not sure how the teleport punch would be involved.

trying to get a crappy reset off d3 after placing an orb in their face with the corner, d3 stuff a lot of wakeups.. might be a cheaky annoying 15% every time u get knocked in the corner and try to wakeup.

FGC_Chukz

When's Injustice?
DB3 can combo off of an orb hit, don't know any combos yet, could lead to some oppressive lock down in the corner if you Mb the orb as well/

Wigy

There it is...
DB3 can combo off of an orb hit, don't know any combos yet, could lead to some oppressive lock down in the corner if you Mb the orb as well/

yeah think we need to figure out how to make them get knocked into mb orb teleport wont do that unless they just unblock.

b1 3 close orb d3 in the corner seems to work.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
Yep.
FREE AIR DASHES GUISE.
This is like the Batgirl Bola glitch.
^False. This only seems to happen with Refill and Full. Building up the meter to max normally, then using it all, you use it normally.

Also, things I found in the first hour:
1)His voice and quotes are S tier
2)Phase Charge leaves them in hard knockdown with time to act even if not meter burned. Among other things, leads to a left right neutral jump setup, free seismos(Pillars), TK strike, free high/low game, and of course, orbs.
3)Seismo's vertical hitbox is HUGE, only barely not catching them out of the top of the jump arc.
4)ZOMG 3 IS TOOO GOOOOOOD

zoofs

bless
are they going to fix that b3 hitbox after the martian grab meter burn? its somewhat possible while offline but online its nearly impossible.

regulas

Your Emporer
Man they really gave MMH a little of everything, he's a rush-down, combo-heavy, footsies, zoner, anti-zoner, zone controlling teleporter, like a fusion of Black Adam and Batgirl.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
f2 goes over low hitboxes. This includes Ares d1, Batman Slide, GL slide and Killer Frost Slide. Haven't tested beyond that, since those are the big ones. So it's a fast, big combo starter that ignores Batmans and Killer Frost's reversal options. Yay