What's new

Question Will Batmans Stance be changed?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm pretty sure it's too late for the developers to change a stance lol. From what I hear they're polishing things right now before shipment. That's a lot of code to write :(

Why do you all care about his fight pose so much? I only ask because you'll rarely be standing still. I doubt you guys are going to go into training mode just to stand idle and stare at ol' Bruce. I'm kind of a hypocrite though because the Flash's stance irks me. Looks so stiff...dem t-rex arms.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I say get everyone who agrees to send them a tweet. Hector and Boon's twitters are probably the best to send this feedback to. Boon jokes around, but Hector gives honest responses. Likely both take it seriously given how many things we asked for made it in.

Send out the word that its probably the last chance they'll get with how close this game is to release to try and get them to change it if ever. Hopefully, they notice a lot of people asking for it.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I say get everyone who agrees to send them a tweet. Hector and Boon's twitters are probably the best to send this feedback to. Boon jokes around, but Hector gives honest responses. Likely both take it seriously given how many things we asked for made it in.

Send out the word that its probably the last chance they'll get with how close this game is to release to try and get them to change it if ever. Hopefully, they notice a lot of people asking for it.
If you guys are seriously about to bombard NRS over a stance lol, you need to find out who the programmers are and who their direct boss is to get it done.

trufenix

bye felicia
this is just sad. please don't do this. Please. They gave us an online training mode and in game frame data. I repeat: please do not do this.

shaowebb

I honestly don't see why some of you are upset about us wanting to tweet them. We're not wanting to scream and flame them, just say it looks weird and it should be changed. Thats all. Its feedback. They literally asked for that. Honestly given the way fighters work on how they bank animations it should really be as simple as opening the file in Max, moving the raised first down on frame one and letting inverse kinematics take care of the rest for you.

It shouldn't even be a multiple frame reanimation. If you change the keyframe for the start position on the arm it wont add or messup animations that stem from it as the limb is told to transition to the keyframe that another move ends at. Seriously...you just change the start keyframe and the engine tweens the rest of the frames between that position and the next moves keyframes instructions.

Just edit the position on one arm during the animation. Load the new file in place of the old file and its done. Each animation is set to a different input or sequence in a fighter and this one is simply the place holder idle. It won't affect ANYTHING else. Shouldn't even be necessary to mess with his hitbox unless they went and made the arm go straight out wider than it is now.

Seriously calm the hell down guys. I know my animation stuff this shouldn't be a big change (literally only a couple of minutes needed to move the rig, run it and test that it looks fine within the hit box window) and we're just telling those that are against his current one to all stop whining in the dark and just ask them to change it nicely via twitter. Calm down...its not like they'll suddenly hate their fans or take away features for this. NRS is one of the most fan dedicated bunches ever. They know the difference between genuine dislike and feedback and hatemail.

shaowebb

i've just asked them a little earlier
I sent them a feedback vid that mentioned it back within a week of EVO last year when they first came out and asked for feedback. I brought up the threads and forums where everyone was bringing it up and even posted in photoshop a frame of animation they already had that was simply his arm lowered that looked better. I seriously went into detail on this that early and sent it as feedback when they asked for feedback. Then again with the video letter in October which I know they said they watched and liked. I've mentioned it off and on being a fan issue and given how big they are banking on Batman fans I keep bringing it up because thats going to be voiced a LOT considering how much Batman fans will be wanting to try out this cast.

I bring it up because its a legit concern that fans wont like their Batman stance in a game that is obviously tapping into a lot of Batman's audience for numbers. Its why I'll keep mentioning it being voiced by people as an issue. Watching a stream and saying "That guy isn't acting like Batman" in a fighter meant to appeal to Batman's audience as he walks back and forth and such due to a goofy out of character pose thats too proud is a big deal in the game's image. This is why I keep giving them feedback on it and encourage others who feel its bad to tweet this opinion as well.

I sent them a feedback vid that mentioned it back within a week of EVO last year when they first came out and asked for feedback. I brought up the threads and forums where everyone was bringing it up and even posted in photoshop a frame of animation they already had that was simply his arm lowered that looked better. I seriously went into detail on this that early and sent it as feedback when they asked for feedback. Then again with the video letter in October which I know they said they watched and liked. I've mentioned it off and on being a fan issue and given how big they are banking on Batman fans I keep bringing it up because thats going to be voiced a LOT considering how much Batman fans will be wanting to try out this cast.

I bring it up because its a legit concern that fans wont like their Batman stance in a game that is obviously tapping into a lot of Batman's audience for numbers. Its why I'll keep mentioning it being voiced by people as an issue. Watching a stream and saying "That guy isn't acting like Batman" in a fighter meant to appeal to Batman's audience as he walks back and forth and such due to a goofy out of character pose thats too proud is a big deal in the game's image. This is why I keep giving them feedback on it and encourage others who feel its bad to tweet this opinion as well.
i see, that's a valid reason, i think it will be a problem for some fans when the game comes out i hope they can still do something to fix it, they have been listening to a lot of feedback so maybe they can do something about this too

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Patches for a stance?? I hope not!
They should remove Sektor's weird stance.

Or just remove Sektor completely. It's like they ran out of ideas and decided to turn some Lin Kuei guy into a robot and give him uninspired moves with a weird stance.

....wait....

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
They should remove Sektor's weird stance.

Or just remove Sektor completely. It's like they ran out of ideas and decided to turn some Lin Kuei guy into a robot and give him uninspired moves with a weird stance.

....wait....
Haha.. Let's make a robot that has everything (dive kicks, parry, bombs) so that when people see him and play him they'll like him!

PS: Sektor's Stance is Awesome.. He has that intimidating open hand like he's ready to katch the next limb Jujitsu Style.

As much as i complained about his stance in the past ive learned to just deal with it, besides u will be moving most of the match n the rest of batmans animations are pretty frkn kool, only problem i have is it looks like the entire time hes standing it looks like he was a rock in his hand rdy to throw at u.