What's new

Question Will Batmans Stance be changed?

Models and animations go through a wretched amount of approvals and redesigns before they ever get shown publically. The idea that they would "fix" Batman this late in the game at the expense of finishing another character or starting a DLC character is absurd. Funky animations happen in fighting games, get over it.
Thats exactly what I think.No one is gonna make a game that pleases everyone in every aspect.It's not like every character have shitty animations.They are not gonna make any more money off the game if they where to make a stance or two more appealing to the few who don't like it over the mass majority of people who just don't care because the gameplay very much overshadows a barely noticeable stance.If they were to fix every little detail that a few find unappealing,then they would never finish the game and if so they would be way behind deadline.You will be constantly moving anyway so you really shouldn't be worried about a stance.

Emanuel

Noob
I honestly don't see why some of you are upset about us wanting to tweet them. We're not wanting to scream and flame them, just say it looks weird and it should be changed. Thats all. Its feedback. They literally asked for that. Honestly given the way fighters work on how they bank animations it should really be as simple as opening the file in Max, moving the raised first down on frame one and letting inverse kinematics take care of the rest for you.

It shouldn't even be a multiple frame reanimation. If you change the keyframe for the start position on the arm it wont add or messup animations that stem from it as the limb is told to transition to the keyframe that another move ends at. Seriously...you just change the start keyframe and the engine tweens the rest of the frames between that position and the next moves keyframes instructions.

Just edit the position on one arm during the animation. Load the new file in place of the old file and its done. Each animation is set to a different input or sequence in a fighter and this one is simply the place holder idle. It won't affect ANYTHING else. Shouldn't even be necessary to mess with his hitbox unless they went and made the arm go straight out wider than it is now.

Seriously calm the hell down guys. I know my animation stuff this shouldn't be a big change (literally only a couple of minutes needed to move the rig, run it and test that it looks fine within the hit box window) and we're just telling those that are against his current one to all stop whining in the dark and just ask them to change it nicely via twitter. Calm down...its not like they'll suddenly hate their fans or take away features for this. NRS is one of the most fan dedicated bunches ever. They know the difference between genuine dislike and feedback and hatemail.[/quote

WOW! never knew about that.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
scumbag 1

scumbag 2

scumbag 3

Stop hating on the best fighting stance in MK9. I do not understand how people can hate on Smoke's stance it is so ballin'
Whoah whoah dude, it ain't tough lookin I grant you but I was generalizing lol. I mean look at him, he's ready to snake you at any moment ;)

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Its NRS tradition to have weird stances that make no sense, play basically any Mortal Kombat game.

Emanuel

Noob
i see, that's a valid reason, i think it will be a problem for some fans when the game comes out i hope they can still do something to fix it, they have been listening to a lot of feedback so maybe they can do something about this too

I hope they can fix it also. here is a good stance.