What's new

Question Will Batmans Stance be changed?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Is anyone else really disappointed by his fighting stance? Its basically a very stiff upright version of Scorpions stance. It just looks awful.

Batman has generally been known as a master of many forms of martial arts but the one that mostly pops up is jiujitsu and this isn't even close to any jitsu stance.

IMO you should never see his limbs until he throws a punch, the cape should drape over his shoulders very similar to how he moves in BTAS

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
his stance is pretty strange and there have been complaints about since they first premiered injustice so i dont think theyre gonna change it now :(
but i really wish they would

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
yea i wish they would change his stance also, it looks really stupid. who was the idiot that decided to have that be his stance.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
At best, you'll get a member of the team to say that stances "may" change, and it didn't. That happened in MK9 about Sub-Zero with his "wrestler stance" from MKDC.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I sent them a video after E3 stating this opinion. Then linked to threads bitching. Then I did the video on October something that compiled allllll the feedback on everything from 3 forums and feedback on the tourney and this came up again there. I've also non stop posted about it along with dozens of others on Boon's twitter and other NRS member twitters.

If they don't change it by the next build we see I doubt its coming. They've heard, they know and they either don't care or they have conflicts with some animations snapping too much without that pose in place to start from if they were based off of it as a starting frame. Fingers crossed its not the latter issue, because its a decent bit of work and a lot of QA to fix problems like those.

Also if it helps I just tweeted the question to Hector Sanchez again asking if this feedback is being addressed and if it will be changed before release.

I wonder what have they changed in terms of Stances, Supers, UI, and Menus etc.

I hate the healthbars in Injustice, the redlife looks so bad with the bubble looking render they got going.

shaowebb

batman's stance in the injustice page has his fist raised up, looks weird
Yeah that pose bugs me. He's a looming brooding guy who does martial arts. His hands should be loose at his sides. Instead they got him doing a nonstop fist pump which is WAY to proud of a pose. Its something Thor would do while giving a speech vowing to blah blah blah. Batman doesn't vow or fist pump to punctuate his thoughts. Thats something emotional dudes do not calculated reserved guys like Batman...and even then they don't do it NONSTOP.

I'd be up for a twitter spam of all of NRS staff saying "Change Batman's stance. The fist pose is terrible." if we could get enough players to chip in to make it worth the effort of organizing it.

shaowebb

I know and I have been since E3. Just sort of frustrated that they have yet to even acknowledge that people hate it.

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
Yeah I don't even plan on using him, but the stance its pretty ridiculous looking. Praying they change it now, I don't wanna see any late patches when the games months in.

trufenix

bye felicia
Models and animations go through a wretched amount of approvals and redesigns before they ever get shown publically. The idea that they would "fix" Batman this late in the game at the expense of finishing another character or starting a DLC character is absurd. Funky animations happen in fighting games, get over it.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Who cares, he is still going to be top tier. Why no one has said something about this yet I have no clue! All his tools are fucking great from what I've seen!

shaowebb

so... are we going to do the twitter thing?
I'd love to see it changed. I've sent the message once or twice during various months along with putting this issue into 2 fan feedback vids. At this point I'd say do what you can. Tweet em and ask your friends to tweet em about it. I wouldn't say spam them repeatedly yourself or you'll get blocked but see if you cant get as many people as you know to bring it up. That way they'll know its not one guy trying to bulldoze his opinion and that this is what I've said before...a BIG complaint from a ton of folks.

They've given us everything we wanted besides this so far. If we keep asking for it maybe they can do something still.