What's new

Why General Zod is Top #1 At Best

Does General Zod warrant a ban or hotfix?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Full screen 50/50s is a large talking point, in fact if people knew one thing it'd be dumb for ZOD to ever do them

This is part of his "brokenness" every one in Atl can fuZzy his up close game

I fuzzy Dave at kit, watch video

Again you should level up
Agreed. Hell I can fuzzy it online, which means more than manageable offline. Not to mention I play bane, so I don't even know how to block. The zod matchup just requires a lot of experience that's all. Each of his setups are escapable in some way. You learn with time.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I can see things I can do better in the matchup even though I know it's an uphill battle.
Zod may be as close to broke as you could get without actually being broke. He knows it too and taunts you in match "Zod always wins!"

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate

who does he lose to, aside from possibly MMH?
Lmao best gif

Only MMH for sure. Maybe: Bane, Sinestro and Aquaman. Although they are all much more manageable so they could be 5-5.

I personally think he is #3 or #4, which is kind of irrelvant in this game.

The problem is that people think his trait rush down = free combos/super broke mode, but if they labbed it out they would know they can fuzzy block/ full combo interrupt a good majority of it. It will take time kind of like batman rush-down took time to learn. It good, but not godlike. People will see eventually after the great Zod scare.

I still get away with so much I shouldn't (like d12xxlaser). Only because people don't take time to learn.

zod is good because he can perform solid offense and pressure with minimal risk

his control over interactables is over the top

the low risk high reward aspect of the character with minimal execution requirements is zod's best characteristic

it only really falls off against aquaman, bane's, and sinestro's traits, you could probably throw batman into that mix as well.

I just have to resign myself to the fact that this game will never be about footsies and will always be about who is most advantageous from full screen.... and who can lock down zoning and movein at the same time.... that is the meta game in a nutshell

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Can we just cry together, girl? People who haven't played Pig or Dave JUST DON'T KNOW.

I used this .gif in Pig's original tech thread, but I think it's fitting. To all the people downplaying or being ignorant towards a competent Zod:
I know righ. Righ now with all this new Zod tech idk what's next.... Maybe a hidden safe overhead teleport not listed on his move list.... I just don't know. Let's cry girl.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
What makes Zod so good is his trait. And if you nerf his trait he becomes terrible. Maybe trait recharge time could be increased by 1-2 seconds, but anything more than that and he would become significantly worse. I don't really think the character is broken, but he is definitely a character you need to get a LOT of games in before you truly grasp the matchup, IMO.

Stay in the KF forums you fool.

General Zod is somewhere in the 3-6 best range.

Learn how to fuzzy trait pressure, and punish overhead grab, or interrupt the low laser. There are also a ton of option you have against an approaching Zod with trait. (Pushblock, MBB3, grab, D2 poke ect ect...)

Zods rush down is overrated right now because people are unfamiliar with the mixups.

Also, many character prevent Zod from activating trait safely.
Also no safe wakeups and bottom 10 footsie/mixups game w/o trait

However, Zod's Zoning is underrated right now.... hehehe

zod is the second best character in my eyes, losing only to martian manhunter, who this thread should reall ybe about

No offense but anyone I use against u seems broken

Maybe u need to level up as a whole
Yup. I always get boddied by everyone i play but its not the matchup i just suck at fighting games and have a false sense of pride because i frauded my way to some wins with b1. People need to understand when they are just simply being outplayed.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
I wanna be ahead of the tym curb.
Which character should we cry about next?! Whos left? We did DS, SM, SCORP., KF, AM, BA, and now ZOD....I KNOW!
FUCK WW! NERF THAT BITCH!
Hey, i played you in ranked today.. You should join the MKUxxTYM rooms when they go up on XBL :)

That is all.. Nw top 2

EDIT.. Nvm, his name is immortal angel.. Honest mistake :)

Last edited:

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Hey, i played you in ranked today.. You should join the MKUxxTYM rooms when they go up on XBL :)

That is all.. Nw top 2

EDIT.. Nvm, his name is immortal angel.. Honest mistake :)
I get that alot. As long as you dont confuse me with the other immortal guy were good.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Zod's broke
the amount of options he always has and the amount of options he takes away mixed with him getting more and taking more options away when he has trait is dumb, only thing that could beat him is a move as dumb as his design or worse, if only a character with a stupidly broken safe move existed......oh wait

also can we stop acting like footsies make or break a character in this game? it matters for some and doesnt for others, you can be top tier with shitty footsies and meh with great footsies

Last edited:

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
50/50's are the least of my worries. A character that has free reign on interactables is broken. This attribute coupled with a stage like Watchtower makes him at least top 3... the sad part is that it's only a PART of what makes him broken, there are many other factors as well. Anyways I'm done posting in this thread, those who disagree can choose to keep living in denial.