What's new

Why General Zod is Top #1 At Best

Does General Zod warrant a ban or hotfix?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
50/50's are the least of my worries. A character that has free reign on interactables is broken. This attribute coupled with a stage like Watchtower makes him at least top 3... the sad part is that it's only a PART of what makes him broken, there are many other factors as well. Anyways I'm done posting in this thread, those who disagree can choose to keep living in denial.
LOL

Fromundaman

I write too much.
You have no god damn chance
joker
I've heard this a few times now but I'm not sure I understand why.

Gunshot is faster and does more damage than your projectiles and stops trait summoning. This allows me to keep a life lead just as well as you.

Neither of us can easily approach the other.

If Joker gets in, he will do a lot more damage to Zod than what Zod can do to him if he gets in, especially when you take Zod's shitty wakeups into consideration.

As you said, the full screen 50/50 is avoidable and I believe Joker can actually punish it (But I think there may be tech here on Zod's end that I didn't take into consideration).

Joker always has meter to allow me to pushblock the wraith at pretty much any time.

That said, I have not played against top Zods, so care to explain/correct me?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Yeah i think Zod is def 3 either Him, Martian or AM, maybe BG too

I think Zod bodys BA

i think Zod vs MMH is not that bad for me its debatable to be at most 5.5 to MMH

I think Shazam is a hidden Bad MU for Zod (i play both)

but then again i also think im good looking, but nobody else agrees
lolzers

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I've heard this a few times now but I'm not sure I understand why.

Gunshot is faster and does more damage than your projectiles and stops trait summoning. This allows me to keep a life lead just as well as you.

Neither of us can easily approach the other.

If Joker gets in, he will do a lot more damage to Zod than what Zod can do to him if he gets in, especially when you take Zod's shitty wakeups into consideration.

As you said, the full screen 50/50 is avoidable and I believe Joker can actually punish it (But I think there may be tech here on Zod's end that I didn't take into consideration).

Joker always has meter to allow me to pushblock the wraith at pretty much any time.

That said, I have not played against top Zods, so care to explain/correct me?
@General M2Dave I agree with you above post 100%
and this was before all the new tech

I would never comment on a MU without playing Sonic fox for BG

Pig Of The Hut

Yeah i think Zod is def 3 either Him, Martian or AM, maybe BG too

I think Zod bodys BA

i think Zod vs MMH is not that bad for me its debatable to be at most 5.5 to MMH

I think Shazam is a hidden Bad MU for Zod (i play both)

but then again i also think im good looking, but nobody else agrees
lolzers
zod ba 6-4 zod
zod loses to mmh 3-7
zod beats shazam 6-4
bg is 5-5

Fromundaman

I write too much.
@General M2Dave I agree with you above post 100%
and this was before all the new tech

I would never comment on a MU without playing Sonic fox for BG
While I respect both you and EMP Dark (Whom I think is a better player than me), this is online. I'm seeing a lot of the things I mentioned working, only not being done consistently, and I assume that would be since you can't react to stuff online (At least I sure can't).

TBH all of this looks like the stuff I deal with against my offline Zod, only with a better player at the helm. IDK, if I can make it to Civil War I would love to get some games in with you because honestly this video only convinced me that your Zod is really good.

Pig Of The Hut

While I respect both you and EMP Dark (Whom I think is a better player than me), this is online. I'm seeing a lot of the things I mentioned working, only not being done consistently, and I assume that would be since you can't react to stuff online (At least I sure can't).

TBH all of this looks like the stuff I deal with against my offline Zod, only with a better player at the helm. IDK, if I can make it to Civil War I would love to get some games in with you because honestly this video only convinced me that your Zod is really good.
I won't be at cw
I'm attending
CEO UFGT MLG Evo

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

post your sets. hes letting you get away with murder\\

Fromundaman

I write too much.
post your sets. hes letting you get away with murder\\
I have no doubt of that actually XD
However I feel this is a MU that needs more fleshing out because from what was posted I feel we are letting Zod get away with murder as well (To be fair, I see a lot of people/characters let the "good" DLC characters get away with a lot.).

The two Zod players I play against don't really play a "complete" Zod, but they each do well at the aspects of him they have down. Sadly I have no recent recorded sets against either of them.
As a result I am basing my opinion more off of what we have that can shut down his tools and vice versa, and it really felt to me like whoever got the life lead won.

I could be wrong though, which is why I want to play it firsthand with a top Zod offline and see.
Sad part is I have one in my state, but you know, the Cleveland scene neither travels nor hosts tournaments for others to travel to :p