What's new

Question Why do so many people think he's #1 or #2?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Ahh yeah super my mistake.

MMH xD

Seriously tho, Aquaman is a very good character with amazing tools. Still can be considered #1 or #2 and I believe it. I think other characters just outshine him when it comes to who gets top 8 usually.
IMO it's the players fault who use him

I expect scr to have a top 3
Aquaman and WB and FR should have the same

More top players have picked him up

Btw @Riyo MMH is #1 in my book but I see aqua as 2-4 range w ZOD, BG and batman maybe ww

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I doubt some fools understand Aquaman's gameplay design.

In a game full of 50/50 mix ups, he has none. To compensate, he has trident rush and powerful defensive options. The community can argue whether these tools are justifiable or not, but Aquaman's gameplay design functions the way it was intended to function (unlike Deathstroke's character design).

Also, FTD is much better than trident rush in some match ups.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
While ZOD is 5-5 against aqua an avg brain dead aqua will beat a better ZOD player if he doesn't fully know how to play the match and this is the case w many because it's next to impossible to play footsies against him unless you have tools like WW GL ba

This thread wouldn't exist if u mained ZOD and someone w no footsies

Hell even sinestro
Footsies are not just pokes just so you know :DOGE

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I just saw this meme picture on IGN in the comments section.. And I was like "No way.." How is it possible that someone could so perfectly sum up today's situation in a random gif.

The guy is even holding a trident.

Anyhow, tell me this doesn't represent Tom and TYM:

Fun Fact -- The article was about Twitch plays Pokemon. It made the frontpage slider of IGN today:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/20/what-twitch-plays-pokemon-can-teach-us-about-the-internet

It's a pretty well written article too, worth a read.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
I just saw this meme picture on IGN in the comments section.. And I was like "No way.." How is it possible that someone could so perfectly sum up today's situation in a random gif.

The guy is even holding a trident.

Anyhow, tell me this doesn't represent Tom and TYM:

Fun Fact -- The article was about Twitch plays Pokemon. It made the frontpage slider of IGN today:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/20/what-twitch-plays-pokemon-can-teach-us-about-the-internet

It's a pretty well written article too, worth a read.
Maybe it was funnier in your head?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
This may be me being salty as a BG/Zatanna main, but he has so many ridiculously lopsided MUs and very few losing MUs that it doesn't matter that he goes even/slight disadvantage with half the cast if he demolishes the other half.

Sure if you play Frost or WW you can talk all day about how he's not that good cause you go even against him. Try playing BG / Sinestro / Zatanna / Cyborg / GA / BM / Scorpion / DS / Joker / HQ /Ares and tell me how manageable he is.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Matchups that Aquaman loses to:

Killer Frost

Matchups that Aquaman might lose to:

Black Adam
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Flash
Shazam
Raven
Bane

All I can really say about him. Still think he's top 5 though.
You forgot Nightwing and Hawkgirl in your might lose to list. I'm a firm believer that he loses to GL. :)

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
What? You havent learned to block Aquaman yet?
sure I have...but it's kind of hard to deal with a MB move that gives him a shit ton of meter back and still does 15% chip
You said his "Offense is not good".
His D1 poke range is insane.
MB Trident Rush
decent speed Trident Throw
A dope ass D2
His offense is not the best, no. But saying it's not good is the stupidest thing ever.
His biggest flaw on offense is the high execution it takes to time some of his stuff and movement.
But when his defense is literally made to stop basically anything you can throw at him
(IE - trait that stops combos if you don't pop him up right away, water shield that can be meter burned to knock opponent almost full screen, FTD that anti-zones amazingly)
Then you really don't need the best offense in the game...

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
can we talk about his water shield a little bit, i don't really know how good that move is, but i always use it to full combo punish mmh's overhead teleport :-/.

some one plz photoshop this pic with tom's face lol.
wtf? Are u being serious?