What's new

Who needs to use top tier to place?

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Agree
You need to drink more, maybe then you'll answer the other half of your own question.

Outta the Yomi house I think Slayer needs top tier, Saltface doesn't.
Agreed. I hate to say it, but sometimes I feel King needs a top tier to place. Not SSS+ tier, just A+ tier and he's in there.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Agree

Agreed. I hate to say it, but sometimes I feel King needs a top tier to place. Not SSS+ tier, just A+ tier and he's in there.
King won KIT 2014 with Batman which is generally agreed to be just outside of top 10.

You know who really needs a top tier to place? Players that have never placed before with mid tier characters. They should give top tiers a shot.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
King won KIT 2014 with Batman which is generally agreed to be just outside of top 10.

You know who really needs a top tier to place? Players that have never placed before with mid tier characters. They should give top tiers a shot.
Good point.

But I still don't think Batman has enough issues to be considered not one of the better characters in the game. If it weren't for pocket Aquamen he'd be much better.

I think the reverse question might end up being more interesting, as in, who are the low tier heroes, or the character loyalists?

For example, 16bit somehow seems to constantly end up being a low tier hero. Slips, too. And Milky, of course.

Pig is definitely a loyalist. Kenshi was great in MK9. He's mediocre at best in MKX.
I disagree. Kenshi is easily top tier in this game now. Notice how when Kenshi was unbuffed and he was low tier, pig wasnt doing anything. But once Kenshi got his mk9 back, pig was good again.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I think clearly Cossner, Milkysituation(milkgasm), and the Reptile who beat Perfect Legend in the EVO tournament (sorry I found out his name but have since forgotten) all need top tier characters to place. They all use S tier and wouldn't win if their character didn't have the highest damage and best mixups in game. The lack of skill in their vortexes was very sad and made the competitive scene very boring to watch.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I understand predator and kenshi but not devora. Kitana can zone her out pretty easy
You definitely aren't playing good ones then. The puddle is a damn good anti zoning tool in that match because the trade is heavily in her favor. That alone makes kitana fearful for zoning. Not to mention how dvorah severely outfootsies her and is much better upclose.

I even spoke to sonic about it. He agrees its bad. Not super bad, but 5.5-4.5 or 6-4 in D'vorah favor

gam224

The world's least hype player
You definitely aren't playing good ones then. The puddle is a damn good anti zoning tool in that match because the trade is heavily in her favor. That alone makes kitana fearful for zoning. Not to mention how dvorah severely outfootsies her and is much better upclose.

I even spoke to sonic about it. He agrees its bad. Not super bad, but 5.5-4.5 or 6-4 in D'vorah favor
That's most likely true but I still have more trouble with ermac personally, I just feels like he has an answer to everything

xKhaoTik

That's most likely true but I still have more trouble with ermac personally, I just feels like he has an answer to everything
Ermac felt bad at first but once you get the hang of the MU, you'll feel like she can definitely win it.

Ermac lives and dies by his mixup, so you just want to play as patiently as you can. Idk about the other 2 variations, but in MoS, you need to walk you way in while scouting out a jump, tele or a soul ball. You can throw fans but not to zone, you use them to bait out the soul ball or tele. All of his mixups are unsafe, and Kitana punishes him HARD for it.

This match is definitely out of her comfort zone because she's used to throwing fans all day, but just because she has to play it a little different doesn't necessarily mean she loses it

gam224

Ermac felt bad at first but once you get the hang of the MU, you'll feel like she can definitely win it.

Ermac lives and dies by his mixup, so you just want to play as patiently as you can. Idk about the other 2 variations, but in MoS, you need to walk you way in while scouting out a jump, tele or a soul ball. You can throw fans but not to zone, you use them to bait out the soul ball or tele. All of his mixups are unsafe, and Kitana punishes him HARD for it.

This match is definitely out of her comfort zone because she's used to throwing fans all day, but just because she has to play it a little different doesn't necessarily mean she loses it
Well thanks for the tip, you were the guy who did the royal storm guide right? What do you think of her other two variations?

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Jacqui's projectiles are much better than Kitana's, you're not even able to jump over them if you don't time them well and yet she's still be contemplated for low tier.
So tired of seeing all these Jacqui mains running all over the low tier characters like BS Shinnok. It's like, do we have to see Jacqui Briggs win every major, five of them in every Top 8? I think it's about time they nerf her. If the sheer amount of players using her by itself doesn't show how obviously OP she is, then I don't know what will. I do believe this will get addressed in the next patch though, one can only hope.

#NerfJacqui #SheHasMachineGunsFFS #BuffKitanaAgain

xKhaoTik

Well thanks for the tip, you were the guy who did the royal storm guide right? What do you think of her other two variations?
No problem. Yea that's me! Mournful is really good. Very good ground game and zoning, but with the sacrifice of air control and her monstrous damage. Assassin is meh. It's literally a poor version of RS, but with an attack buff move that isn't viable. It does have a good parry tho. Assassin is fun to use but I honestly don't see the point of using it since she does that same thing in RS, but with better range and better options.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I think clearly Cossner, Milkysituation(milkgasm), and the Reptile who beat Perfect Legend in the EVO tournament (sorry I found out his name but have since forgotten) all need top tier characters to place. They all use S tier and wouldn't win if their character didn't have the highest damage and best mixups in game. The lack of skill in their vortexes was very sad and made the competitive scene very boring to watch.
Well, I get that this is meant to be dry humour, but it's funny because they ARE actually good candidates for this thread considering two of them haven't placed at all using low tiers. So that makes them actually a pretty valid answer to the question "who needs top tiers to place"

gam224

No problem. Yea that's me! Mournful is really good. Very good ground game and zoning, but with the sacrifice of air control and her monstrous damage. Assassin is meh. It's literally a poor version of RS, but with an attack buff move that isn't viable. It does have a good parry tho. Assassin is fun to use but I honestly don't see the point of using it since she does that same thing in RS, but with better range and better options.
I feel that if her she was armored through the whole asassin strike and had a better overhead asassin would be good. It feels like asassin is built around this offense kitana doesn't have. As for mournful I think if they gave her a slightly faster down 2 in that variation she would be fine but as it stands mournful just feels useless

xKhaoTik

I feel that if her she was armored through the whole asassin strike and had a better overhead asassin would be good. It feels like asassin is built around this offense kitana doesn't have. As for mournful I think if they gave her a slightly faster down 2 in that variation she would be fine but as it stands mournful just feels useless
Yesssssssss I totally agree with the strike needing more armor. This is her go to armored move in this variation and the armor is like on the first 2 frames or something. And yea I feel like this variation needs am OH as well. I honestly just want a faster startup on sharpen.

Mournful isn't useless at all. It's a little weird to get used to but once you get the hang of it, you'll realize how good it is. The glaives man, they are so strong, especially the ex glaives. Shadow kick is a very good tool and only punishable but a select few characters (though can be ducked and punished). Her ground game is powerful in this variation man. I wouldn't sleep on it

gam224

Yesssssssss I totally agree with the strike needing more armor. This is her go to armored move in this variation and the armor is like on the first 2 frames or something. And yea I feel like this variation needs am OH as well. I honestly just want a faster startup on sharpen. Mournful isn't useless at all. It's a little weird to get used to but once you get the hang of it, you'll realize how good it is. The glaives man, they are so strong, especially the ex glaives. Shadow kick is a very good tool and only punishable but a select few characters (though can be ducked and punished). Her ground game is powerful in this variation man. I wouldn't sleep on it
Yesssssssss I totally agree with the strike needing more armor. This is her go to armored move in this variation and the armor is like on the first 2 frames or something. And yea I feel like this variation needs am OH as well. I honestly just want a faster startup on sharpen. Mournful isn't useless at all. It's a little weird to get used to but once you get the hang of it, you'll realize how good it is. The glaives man, they are so strong, especially the ex glaives. Shadow kick is a very good tool and only punishable but a select few characters (though can be ducked and punished). Her ground game is powerful in this variation man. I wouldn't sleep on it

gam224

Yesssssssss I totally agree with the strike needing more armor. This is her go to armored move in this variation and the armor is like on the first 2 frames or something. And yea I feel like this variation needs am OH as well. I honestly just want a faster startup on sharpen.

Mournful isn't useless at all. It's a little weird to get used to but once you get the hang of it, you'll realize how good it is. The glaives man, they are so strong, especially the ex glaives. Shadow kick is a very good tool and only punishable but a select few characters (though can be ducked and punished). Her ground game is powerful in this variation man. I wouldn't sleep on it
It has a few better match ups but in general it feels like it does a lot of the stuff rs does but for less pay off. Glaves only do so much chip and it's so much less rewarding than catching someone with an air fan and taking 30%. You need to play better to get less damage.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Lol the downplay is real.
Or you're misinformed of the many holes and problems Kenshi has.

In a game with: Predator, Bone Shaper Shinnok, Kobu Tanya, Cassie, Thunder God Raiden, Tempest Lao, Kung Jin, Erron Black, Jax, Sonya, D'Vorah, I'm sorry but Kenshi is a mid tier character.

Nothing in his kit is strictly better than the above.

Also, i don't even play Kenshi. So why would I "downplay" him?